PDA

View Full Version : Oh by the way, we have a new resident...

Historian
10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
As of last night, Thurman announced that he is moving his family back to Western New York.

Evidently they miss it here.

What a beautiful family he has.

Welcome home Thurm!

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I hope he hangs around the Bills sidelines and helps ML. Thurman can really give some great pointers, he's been there.

G. Host
10-09-2007, 11:04 PM
He has been living in Orlando since retirement and announced that he is moving back to Buffalo during his ring presentation speech.

I am a big Thurman fan. I have an article on my website advocating him for Hall of Fame since 2001 and I did not even write it; Thurman sent me a thank you note for keeping the faith.

Why is Thurman moving back do you think?

He said his family missed Buffalo ... I miss my family in Buffalo area but a family needs to eat and a man needs to work to support his family even if he is a Hall of Fame running back. Jimbo probably encouraged him and he probably will get to do more card shows and do local speeches pro bono but is it enough? He is participating with Jim Kelly with Ball Burglar (http://jimkelly.ballburglar.com/) but I doubt this will raise more money for him and may get money which otherwise be spent on speeches being redirected to charities.

Thurman has a couple of business deals including a printing company in Orlando, his booking of appearances via NOPAC Talent but none of these are helped on the bottom line by moving to Buffalo and the bottom line is important to everyone even Hall of Famers.

JD
10-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Someone already beat you to the punch on this, but I think Thomas is coming back to help secure the Bills in Buffalo. Hopefully he takes a roll on the sidelines and coaches Marshawn.

G. Host
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Someone did? Where is the thread? I looked in subjects for four pages before I posted it.

JD
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Bump for G.Host :up: