PDA

View Full Version : My interview with Glenn Parker

phishhead220
10-09-2007, 04:40 PM
A few weeks ago I had an exclusive interview with former bills lineman Glenn Parker.
Here's an excerpt and a link to the rest of the interview (It's kinda long).

Hope you enjoy it.

Bills lineman Glenn Parker
By Dan Goldman | October 9th, 2007

Up until this season, the Buffalo Bills seemed to be ignoring the need to spend money on the offensive line. Mediocre players up front, led to mediocre records season after season. Fans were left with memories of the great lines that took them to four Super Bowls.

A key piece of those lines was Glenn Parker, who joined the Bills after they picked him in the third round of the 1990 draft out of Arizona. Parker went on to play seven season in Buffalo before moving on to play for Kansas City and the New York Giants.

I had a chance to talk to Parker a few weeks ago, while he was down in Arizona supporting the Alltel Wireless My Circle 1st and 10 sweepstakes.

Despite playing for three different teams in his career, Parker said he felt the closest tie to the Bills organization.

“I would say that because, you are there for seven years and the guys you were with, you tend to build more of a relationship with the organization.

“It’s tough because I was very lucky, I was part of three proud organizations. But there is certainly a closeness to Buffalo. I was just at the Hall of Fame for Thurman Thomas’ induction and a bunch of us were all together again. It just had a very natural feel to it.”

But Buffalo was quite a different place for a man who spent his life on the West Coast. Parker quickly learned to embrace the Western New York culture.

“I think it’s the passion, the fans, and the town,” Parker said. “It was so different for me, I came from Huntington beach, I went to Arizona, so to go to a place like Buffalo, a town unlike anything I’d ever seen out west. Weather patterns unlike I’d ever seen out west. The people are very different. It was nice. It was a good change for me. I got to meet many people outside of football that I’m still very close with. I loved that about that town.

“But most important what I loved was eating at Daniel’s Restaurant, I still miss that place. Any time I get back I try to go there, even if I can just sit in the kitchen for 10 minutes and talk and smell.”
Read the rest of this entry (http://mvn.com/nfl-bills/2007/10/09/interview-with-former-bills-lineman-glenn-parker/#more-204)