PDA

View Full Version : Bills Evans backs QB Losman; still embarrassed by Monday night collapse

shelby
10-09-2007, 06:29 PM
One issue is quarterback now that Losman is expected to resume practicing this week, and should be cleared to play when Buffalo hosts Baltimore on Oct. 21.
Some people wonder whether the Bills should stick with rookie Trent Edwards, who has helped the offense perform better while starting the past two games.
With Edwards the Bills produced a season-best 304-yard, two-touchdown performance in a 17-14 win over the New York Jets two weeks ago. He was less effective against the Cowboys, Monday night, but still helped Buffalo control the clock by producing four drives of 35 yards or longer.
In two starts, Edwards has helped the offense produce two touchdowns, 411 yards passing and 33 first downs.
By comparison, Losman had 251 yards passing, one touchdown drive and 23 first downs in his first two games before he was hurt in a 38-7 loss to New England in Week 3.
Coach Dick Jauron has left the quarterback question open, saying every job is up for grabs and the best player will start once Losman's healthy.

full story (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10398665)

SABURZFAN
10-09-2007, 06:45 PM
:monkeyp: Lossman

Captain gameboy
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Frankly, as much as I like Lee Evans, I 'm a bit disinclined to listem to him at this point.

Michael82
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I think that Losman is owed one last chance to fight for his job. If he blows it, then he's done as QB of the Buffalo Bills and Trent Edwards is the starter. I give him 2-4 weeks.

JD
10-09-2007, 09:43 PM
OF COURSE EVANS IS GOING TO SAY THAT!

Edwards spreads the ball around!
JP goes mainly to Evans!

You shut down Evans, you shut down JP!

Most players care about themselves first, then the team.
Evans is frustrated from the loss and for the fact he hardly touched the ball, again.

Evans, if you want it enough.. you will get the ball through effort. That long ball from Trent is an example that comes to mind.

churchinski
10-09-2007, 09:50 PM
I think that Losman is owed one last chance to fight for his job. If he blows it, then he's done as QB of the Buffalo Bills and Trent Edwards is the starter. I give him 2-4 weeks.
nah

i see no reason for yet another chance

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 11:04 PM
JP has ruined Evans big payday.

shelby
10-10-2007, 04:29 AM
Y'all may have noticed i quoted what Jauron said, not what Lee Evans said.
It's quite noncommital, don't you think?

Historian
10-10-2007, 04:49 AM
JP has ruined Evans big payday.

Not necessarily...but I understand your point.

I think Lee needs to look in the mirror, and do what he can to play better.

No matter who's passing him the ball.

Is it just me, or are the biggest egos on the field owned mostly by wide receivers?

DarbyTheDinosaur
10-10-2007, 06:08 AM
OF COURSE EVANS IS GOING TO SAY THAT!

Edwards spreads the ball around!
JP goes mainly to Evans!

You shut down Evans, you shut down JP!

Most players care about themselves first, then the team.
Evans is frustrated from the loss and for the fact he hardly touched the ball, again.

Evans, if you want it enough.. you will get the ball through effort. That long ball from Trent is an example that comes to mind.

From watching interviews with him, I never really got the sense that Evans was that arrogant...do you guys really think he has an agenda here other than trying to a win a football game? After two games of Trent, I don't think a clear starter stands out...they both have their ups and downs.

TE = conservative O with success on moving the ball...3 TD drives

JP = aggressive, big play potential O with little success...1 TD drive

To me, I like the fact that we've seen less 3 and outs with TE at the helm, but who's to say that a playcalling change hasn't had an effect on that?

Yasgur's Farm
10-10-2007, 06:33 AM

JP = aggressive, big play potential O with little success...1 TD drive Conservative gameplan with a conservative QB = FG's... Aggressive gameplan with a conservative QB = INT's.

Conservative gameplan with an aggressive QB = FG's... Aggressive gameplan with an aggressive QB = TD's.

The common denominator to no success is conservative gameplanning.

JP gets his job back... Hopefully the OC changes it up or the result will remain the same.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Y'all may have noticed i quoted what Jauron said, not what Lee Evans said.
It's quite noncommital, don't you think?

Thanks for clearing up the other SPAM thread.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 07:37 AM
OMG the vet threw the rookie under the BUS, Get rid of his arse now.

dannyek71
10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Lee is traded after this season for a 2nd round pick IMHO

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Evans just needs to shut up and play. I'm sure he's just as frustrated as everyone else, but it's not really his place to say who should, or shouldn't be the starting QB.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Lee is traded after this season for a 2nd round pick IMHO
to the Patriots

Wraith
10-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Wow. Five games into a chaotic season notable only for injuries and stupid coaching decisions and we've already turned on our first and second best players from last season.

It would be startling if it wasn't so true to form.

Inetpub
10-10-2007, 07:54 AM

Last time I checked, this is the NFL. JP hasnt shown crap in 4 years here to deserve a 2nd chance.

While your giving JP a 2nd chance, give one to Rob Johnson. I think RJ atleast moved the ball somewhat.

RockStar36
10-10-2007, 08:35 AM
From watching interviews with him, I never really got the sense that Evans was that arrogant...do you guys really think he has an agenda here other than trying to a win a football game? After two games of Trent, I don't think a clear starter stands out...they both have their ups and downs.

JP = aggressive, big play potential O with little success...1 TD drive

To me, I like the fact that we've seen less 3 and outs with TE at the helm, but who's to say that a playcalling change hasn't had an effect on that?

TE = conservative O, 1 passing TD and one rushing TD against a terrible team, 1 FG against a decent team .....2 TD drives

JP = agressigve, big play potential O with little success, 1 TD drive and 1 FG drive against decent teams.... 1 TD drive

Not much difference.

Inetpub
10-10-2007, 08:37 AM
TE = conservative O, 1 passing TD and one rushing TD against a terrible team, 1 FG against a decent team .....2 TD drives

JP = agressigve, big play potential O with little success, 1 TD drive and 1 FG drive against decent teams.... 1 TD drive

Not much difference.
Edwards = 2.5 games
JP = 4 years

thats almost a career gap

Gunzlingr
10-10-2007, 08:45 AM

Not much difference.

Exactly!

Neither is getting it done, so what is the harm in putting the vet back in? Of course the Edwards ****** Council continues to claims JP is the problem (tho TE isn't lighting it up, and we aren't winning with him either, and the JPD still claim JP isn't the problem despite the fact that he wasn't winning either. The lack of common sense around here is staggering.

RockStar36
10-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Personally, I'd say give JP at least a few games to prove himself and win the job back.

Everyone that backs TE said that JP should get at least the first half of the season before losing his job, not the first two games.

And IMO, TE hasn't done anything to exactly win the job. I mean, his production in both games is something JP could've done easily.

Michael82
10-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Edwards = 2.5 games
JP = 4 years

it wasn't 4 years. 3, and he actually had even less than 3-years on the field thanks to crappy coaches.

Philagape
10-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Personally, I'd say give JP at least a few games to prove himself and win the job back.

Everyone that backs TE said that JP should get at least the first half of the season before losing his job, not the first two games.

That was before I saw Edwards play. He won me over with his poise and intelligence.

And IMO, TE hasn't done anything to exactly win the job. I mean, his production in both games is something JP could've done easily.

And vice versa. And don't forget Edwards' TD drive against the Pats.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Last time I checked, this is the NFL. JP hasnt shown crap in 4 years here to deserve a 2nd chance.

While your giving JP a 2nd chance, give one to Rob Johnson. I think RJ atleast moved the ball somewhat.
what a dumb post. RJ didn't want to be here. He couldn't wait to get out of buffalo. JP worked his arse off.

We could've drafted Rivers or Ben and they would have done squat under Moolarkey and the circumstances that JP was in.

Inetpub
10-10-2007, 09:15 AM
it wasn't 4 years. 3, and he actually had even less than 3-years on the field thanks to crappy coaches.

While we are deleting years from JP's career, lets just say hes a rookie. Its not too late to outperform another rookie. Considering hes IS IN HIS 4th YEAR.

Any more excuses? wait. I got one. The OL sucks and we have no recievers. our TE sucks too. I can add on many more that I hear by the minute.

One thing I will add, since Edwards has started at QB, We have been playing football and moving the ball.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I think the whole situation is lose/lose. No matter who goes out there we are screwed.

Like it or not we have a full blown QB controversy. i'd rather see them trade JP and get it over with.

Inetpub
10-10-2007, 09:18 AM
what a dumb post. RJ didn't want to be here. He couldn't wait to get out of buffalo. JP worked his arse off.

We could've drafted Rivers or Ben and they would have done squat under Moolarkey and the circumstances that JP was in.

Theres a difference between wanting to be there and performing. JP hasnt shown squat here. Atleast RJ won afew games. Trust me, I really dont give 2 hoots about RJ. He can go back to whatever hes doing for all I care.

As for your 2nd remark, thats circumstance doesnt exist. nothing supports your theory. I'll just mark that down as spam.

Ultra Chimp 1
10-10-2007, 09:24 AM
With the way he's played, I'd say Evan's job isn't safe either. Evans has been awful, and I mean awful this season.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 09:41 AM

Johnson played as bad if not better than JP. And he didn't get to start 27 games. Why did they give up on him so quick?

Dare I say JP has missed more games due to injury then the China Doll did?

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Theres a difference between wanting to be there and performing. JP hasnt shown squat here. Atleast RJ won afew games. Trust me, I really dont give 2 hoots about RJ. He can go back to whatever hes doing for all I care.

Actually JP and RJ I believe have both won 8 games as Bills starter. If I am correct JP now has 2 more losses as Bills starter than what RJ had.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 09:48 AM

As for your 2nd remark, thats circumstance doesnt exist. nothing supports your theory. I'll just mark that down as spam.
RJ had a better D. Helloo!!!

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Actually JP and RJ I believe have both won 8 games as Bills starter. If I am correct JP now has 2 more losses as Bills starter than what RJ had.
with a better D.

Why don't you start keeping track of Trents career. So far he has one win against a crappy team and Lost us a game.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Why don't you start keeping track of Trents career. So far he has one win against a crappy team and Lost us a game.

It's already in my signature. Trent 1-1. Trent's 1 win coming against a crappy Jets team that was 10-6 last year that Losman beat for his only win against a team with a winning record.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
It's already in my signature. Trent 1-1. Trent's 1 win coming against a crappy Jets team that was 10-6 last year that Losman beat for his only win against a team with a winning record.

the jets are crappier this year than last year. ;)

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
So question for everyone..... Should we trade Evans because he's doing to Trent what Moulds did to JP?

JD
10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Edwards = 2.5 games
JP = 4 years

Haha EXACTLY :posrep:

How do you judge a rook after two and a half games??
Judging JP is all too easy, he has had time and failed miserably.

JD
10-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Mikey, why still the love for JP? Do you really feel more comfortable with him playing? His TD passes and INT are almost equal. How many sub par teams did he play??? You really have to get over this guy, he has had more than enough time to produce. Quit making excuses for a veteran quarterback while saying a ROOKIE, isnt as good. That is just stupid.

mybills
10-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Trent 1-1.
it's really 1-2.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
So question for everyone..... Should we trade Evans because he's doing to Trent what Moulds did to JP?
crickets chirping.

The last buffalo fan
10-10-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't care the record anymore, not after our Monday's meltdown. So, if you ask me, I'll give JP at least a few more games, if he can't move the chains or produces, let's switch to TEdwards the last 4 or 5 games of this season.

PECKERWOOD
10-10-2007, 11:45 AM
If Evans wants Losman to throw him the ball then he better start putting more effort forth on the field. I don't really care who starts, I just want the best player to start. We might as well play QB hot potato for the rest of the season so we can get an idea who will make the better QB.

Philagape
10-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Dick on Lee's comments, per AP:

"I read that," Jauron said. "That's Lee's opinion. He's got a right to his opinion."

SABURZFAN
10-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I like the fact that we've seen less 3 and outs with TE at the helm

don't confuse the Lickers with facts.they won't believe you anyways.

churchinski
10-11-2007, 04:55 AM

Yet another case of fabricated nonsense used by a person in an attempt to comfirm their own view.

Everyone that backs TE said that JP should get at least the first half of the season before losing his job, not the first two games
Since when ?

Who is everybody ?

HaHaHa

There are plenty of people that thought Losman was a bust before the season even started .
As far as this garbage that everyone thought Losman should have this or that many starts to prove himself again...I would like to know where you got that idea from ?...what you should have said is that every licker ( not everybody ) somehow believes that Losman deserves a set minimum number of starts.

Myself or any other rational human would never say that a QB deserves this or that many starts...as soon as a QB convinces me that he doesn't have what it takes he should get the hook with no preconceived timetable.

In fact the Bills can telephone or email me and I'll tell them when it's time to give the QB the hook.

RockStar36
10-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Yet another case of fabricated nonsense used by a person in an attempt to comfirm their own view.

Since when ?

Who is everybody ?

HaHaHa

There are plenty of people that thought Losman was a bust before the season even started .
As far as this garbage that everyone thought Losman should have this or that many starts to prove himself again...I would like to know where you got that idea from ?...what you should have said is that every licker ( not everybody ) somehow believes that Losman deserves a set minimum number of starts.

Myself or any other rational human would never say that a QB deserves this or that many starts...as soon as a QB convinces me that he doesn't have what it takes he should get the hook with no preconceived timetable.

In fact the Bills can telephone or email me and I'll tell them when it's time to give the QB the hook.

I was referring to the people with half a brain.

churchinski
10-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I was referring to the people with half a brain.

that's true the lickers have half a brain or less

BillsFever21
10-12-2007, 04:27 AM
While we are deleting years from JP's career, lets just say hes a rookie. Its not too late to outperform another rookie. Considering hes IS IN HIS 4th YEAR.

One thing I will add, since Edwards has started at QB, We have been playing football and moving the ball.

3 points after being set up at midfield about 5 times is called moving the ball? 9 points a game on the average is moving the ball?

Wow I would hate to see what it was like if we wern't moving the ball. Oh wait, you might see the Buffalo Bills over the past few weeks.