Am I the only one who still believes in Losman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

Am I the only one who still believes in Losman?

What's with all the hate?

Here's a guy that looked pretty good last year, and then got hit hard with some of the best defenses in the league, -actually, forget that statement. Losman got hit with the best defeneses in the league... Denver, Pitts, and then NE.
    Edwards played one average game against one of the league's worst defenses, then the week later, he puts up a measely 3 points when the defense gives him 6 turnovers.

While Edwards may turn out to be a good QB, -I dont think he has shown anything yet that indicates that he'll be better than Losman... not in the slightest bit. Throwing little 5-7 yard passes are not going to cut it in the NFL. We need a guy who can give us that big play...
    That pick he threw in the Jets game (intended for Evans)... Though yes, Evans should/could of have done a better job fighting for the ball, the ball looked like a lame duck in the air. Something tells me that if it was Losman who threw that deep pass, it would have gotten to Evans.

I say we give Losman another go... And remember, despite his high completion percentage, -there's a reason why Holcomb isnt here anymore.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Am I the only one who still believes in Losman?

I believe in him and Edwards. They both could be great QBs in this league. Just not with the current coaching staff. THEY SUCK

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Lossman
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Im still open to Losman succeeding in Buffalo for sure... I think ppl just want to see the same type of poise from him as Edwards showed. That combined with his big play ability and mobility would win anyone over.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I want both of them to stay in Buffalo. I don't look at stats, I look at players. They both have "poise" in the pocket. Too many people say JP had a confused look on his face, I said it was frustration about the coaching. Looks like more people are saying it's bad coaching. Edwards doesn't offer as much as JP, but that could be the coaching too. idunno.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

i like them both but its clearly jps job and hes going to get it back

btw can you please point me to edwards big play ability. small play ability, sure. and the short td pass to gaines was huge. but it was a one yard pass so even giving you that one in three games he has ... lessee, one. if you see a trend there id like it explained. thx

edit: oic i misinterpreted your stmt to edwards instead of losman never mind
            Last edited by Meathead; 10-09-2007, 07:44 PM.
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

I believe more in JP now, after seeing Trent do virtually nothing against the Pats and Cowboys (anyone could have won the Jets game). The problem is the OC. And a rookie QB isn't the answer.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Regardless of how successful each becomes, or fails to, I think Edwards will turn out to be the better of the two.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Points-wise, Trent did exactly as much against the Pats and Cowboys as JP did against the Broncos and Steelers. Except he looked better doing it.
                  I'd rather have a smart QB than an erratic one, no matter whose passes can go longer. Bledsoe had a cannon arm too, and look how that turned out.
                  We know JP's a one-trick pony, but I'd love to see Edwards with better weapons. We haven't seen all he's capable of. Let's get him ready for that now.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• im4bflo
                    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                    • Sep 2003

I agree with Lee Evans, it's still JP's job, and I can't wait to see him back.
                    Edwards can dink and dunk passes, but no points.
                    He didn't look any better than ordinary, and I think when JP gets back,
                    the O will start scoring more than they are now.
                    I like them both, but I'd rather have JP back right now.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Bledsoe had a cannon arm, cement shoes, and wore horse blinders.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Elminster
                        #1 Kelsay Fan
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mybills
                        What bearing does this have on Losman or Edwards?
                        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                          Losman inherited his blinders, and his feet aren't doing him much good.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Elminster
                            Originally posted by Philagape
                            Bledsoe had a cannon arm too, and look how that turned out.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Elminster
                              Some people here have a Madden love for a strong, big-play arm, but we should have learned from Dreadsoe that a big arm with no head will get us nowhere.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X