PDA

View Full Version : Dead Coach Walking

Meathead
10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
holy cow this is happening faster than even i expected it

look at the national response. everybody and their brother feels the coaches blew this one. two mind boggling decisions that had nothing to do with the players - throwing downfield late when a fg would virtually clinch it, and dropping back in centerfield coverage when all you had to do was keep them in bounds to run out the clock

now consider evans, who is essentially calling out jauron by openly backing jp. it is especially damning the way evans did it, by saying 'J.P has played well given the circumstances he's had.' then just to be clear HE REPEATS IT! 'Given everything that's gone on, he's played well.'

i agree with evans but its the way hes come out and done it at this critical time. hes overtly challenging the bills coaching staff using the media. thats a major departure from team etiquette and a frontal assault. he does it in such a way that its hard to notice, but its there nonetheless

think about it, what exactly does 'given the circumstances' mean. what the hell else can it possibly mean?!? its a very subtle but very clear indictment of the offensive gameplanning. hes frustrated with the way they are running the offense - at the very least. its a gentle broadside hit

dick has lost the fans. it sounds very much like hes probably lost the team. hes clearly lost the offenses best player, at least for now

part of me feels sorry for both him and us. hes obviously a good guy. he obviously knows how to build a great atmosphere. he obviously knows how to pick personnell and make them work as a unit, at least on defense

but his achilles heel is gametime management. he just doesnt know how to make decisions that win games. his teams consistently make the critical mistakes at critical times, just enough of them to lose

hes another very good coordinator that just should not be a head coach. id even give him an assistant head coach title as a dc, but just never EVER let him make the final gameday calls. in fact id love to see him as the dc but we know thats not gonna happen. once you sack the hc hes got to go out the door

too bad but inevitable. you cant win games making boneheaded decisions at critical times and hope for the best

sorry dick. youre still here but youre a dead coaching walking

the only way you save your job here is to tear it up the rest of the way. you are going to have to make at least .500 to stem this tide. that means 7-4 or better from here on out. with scrubs on defense. and a moribund offense. and a team on the verge of collapse. and your own horrid game decision making

tough row buddy

good luck

raphael120
10-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd invite him over to have dinner with my family, shoot the crap, play some golf..but how I can feel ok with him being the coach of the Buffalo Bills unless we totally go balls to the wall the rest of the season...I'd have to say, sorry, Dick, it's been real, and it's been fun....but it aint been real fun.

Goobylal
10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm sure Evans feels frustrated at the pathetic play-calling on offense and is telling everyone that JP is NOT the problem, but Fairchild IS. Again with a different QB that everyone said had "poise," "a feel for the game," and "looked like a QB," the offense did jack squat.

Things HAVE to change on offense. Unfortunately I don't think Fairchild was ever qualified to be an OC in the first place, so the change that needs to happen is him being fired.

YardRat
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
The only bad call I place squarely on Jauron's shoulders from last night's game is the FG try before the half. The red zone pass and late game defense are on the coordinators.

You have to give the guy a little credit...The team was prepared, and ready, to play against a superior team on MNF.

mybills
10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Jauron has a defensive mind set. He has no clue about offenses.
This one's on Fairchild, because the defense was doing their job.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I heard people who were at the game saw what Trent looked like after they called that pass play that got INT'd. They said that he looked confused like "what?!"

Meathead
10-10-2007, 12:15 AM
good at most things. really good at some really important things. really bad at critical moments that lose games. its a terminal weakness

trapezeus
10-10-2007, 09:30 AM
meathead, good point about the evans quote. because when evans says, "given the circumstances he's had", he doesn't say it like there were injuries. i mean, losman was the only one to get hurt. everyone else was fine. The only circumstances he's had is poor run blocking, and poor play selection.

G. Host
10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
think about it, what exactly does 'given the circumstances' mean. what the hell else can it possibly mean?!?

Playing Denver's and Pittsburgh's defenses and then being hurt by a cheap shot against New England is what it means.

its a very subtle but very clear indictment of the offensive gameplanning. hes frustrated with the way they are running the offense - at the very least. its a gentle broadside hit

Anything else is up to reinterpretation and user's own inclinations.