Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Dick on the quarterbacks

J.P. or Trent? Bills starting QB a mystery for now

Sal Maiorana
    Staff writer

(October 10, 2007) — ORCHARD PARK — There will be no decision coming from Dick Jauron for at least eight days because the Buffalo Bills aren't playing this week.

All Jauron would say on Tuesday is that he's unsure whether Losman will be able to practice today before the Bills take a few days off.

"Don't know that yet," he said. "We're going to practice tomorrow so we'll see. Bud (Carpenter, the team trainer) said he was feeling better about his chances."

Still, Jauron liked what he saw from the team's rookie third-round draft choice.

"The word we've used all the time about him is that he has a really nice demeanor in the huddle and on the field," said Jauron. "He doesn't rattle, he stands in there, takes a hit and he delivers the ball. I thought he handled it really well. The atmosphere was really unique last night, so for players who are going to be nervous anyway playing on Monday night, and you had our fans, it was something, so I thought he did a real nice job."

The Bills did not attack downfield in the game as Edwards' longest completion was 23 yards and that came on a dump pass to Marshawn Lynch, but Jauron quickly defended the play-calling of offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild.

"Just because the ball doesn't go downfield doesn't mean it wasn't called," Jauron said. "Sometimes the first look is down the field and it's not there and the ball gets dumped off, or sometimes you call it and you get sacked when you're trying to go downfield. He took what was available to him. We called some shots in that game."

Edwards also defended the play-calling.

"I think there were plenty of shots that we needed to take downfield, but when we do call those, maybe they were playing a deep coverage or maybe their pass rush was getting to us and I didn't get the ball out of my hands and into the playmakers' hands and let them make guys miss and get positive yardage," he said.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Dick on the quarterbacks

There will be no decision coming from Dick Jauron

Much like gameday.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
      Will not tolerate vandalism.
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
      "Just because the ball doesn't go downfield doesn't mean it wasn't called," Jauron said. "Sometimes the first look is down the field and it's not there and the ball gets dumped off, or sometimes you call it and you get sacked when you're trying to go downfield.
      Very telling.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
        Very telling.
        About both QBs.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Trade deadline coming up with a bye. Marv's on the phone.

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
            Very telling.
            in 2 ways actually...did the reciever not get open? Did T Edwards not have cofidence in his arm? Does JP trust the recievers more to make a play? Do we need more weapons then L Evans?

Stay tuned
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by acehole
              in 2 ways actually...did the reciever not get open? Did T Edwards not have cofidence in his arm? Does JP trust the recievers more to make a play? Do we need more weapons then L Evans?

Stay tuned
              Holy cripers Batman.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                There will be no decision coming from Dick Jauron

Much like gameday.

And people think JP supporters use excuses? That's exactly what this looks like..

The Bills did not attack downfield in the game as Edwards' longest completion was 23 yards and that came on a dump pass to Marshawn Lynch, but Jauron quickly defended the play-calling of offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild.

"Just because the ball doesn't go downfield doesn't mean it wasn't called," Jauron said. "Sometimes the first look is down the field and it's not there and the ball gets dumped off, or sometimes you call it and you get sacked when you're trying to go downfield. He took what was available to him. We called some shots in that game."

more excuses. maybe this and maybe that.

Edwards also defended the play-calling.

"I think there were plenty of shots that we needed to take downfield, but when we do call those, maybe they were playing a deep coverage or maybe their pass rush was getting to us and I didn't get the ball out of my hands and into the playmakers' hands and let them make guys miss and get positive yardage," he said.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Elminster
                  #1 Kelsay Fan
                  • Oct 2006

I sense an impending locker-room revolt if things continue to go poorly.. Jauron has a problem that he won't admit to(an incompetent OC...what else is new?), and Edwards backs him up. Losman and Evans; however, don't appear to. I have my money on Losman and Evans, personally...
                  Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                  X