PDA

View Full Version : Losman vs. Edwards.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I figured I'd consolidate the JP vs. Edwards threads.

My take is that JP is simply on the wrong team. Trent is a better fit for what this team is trying to do. I use "trying" loosely of course.

JP has a big arm, but isn't super popular with his teammates. Did he even talk to any of his teammates during the game?

Trent is a rookie but has a big enough arm to get the ball downfield so lets kill that argument now.

We do have a QB controversy which is not good for this team.

Philagape
10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I've made clear where I stand.

Ultra Chimp 1
10-10-2007, 09:32 AM
I think the choice is clear. Edwards, in two games, is developmentally at the same stage Losman finds himself in almost thirty games.

trapezeus
10-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Losman = more athletic, can scramble, can throw the long ball. Had trouble scoring points

Edwards = makes decisions quickly, nice quick release, check's down quickly and keeps the chains moving. Had trouble scoring points.

MMMM...maybe it doesn't matter who the QB is as much as its the people who call the plays that can't score points.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Losman = more athletic, can scramble, can throw the long ball. Had trouble scoring points

Edwards = makes decisions quickly, nice quick release, check's down quickly and keeps the chains moving. Had trouble scoring points.

MMMM...maybe it doesn't matter who the QB is as much as its the people who call the plays that can't score points.

Maybe it's the lack of a running game.

trapezeus
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM

yeah, i'm wondering when the ML backlash will start. obviously we are all savy enough to know that the kid has no room to run. but it seems that not enough people are willing to call out mcnally.

I'm all for home grown talent. but prior to the bills he was at NYG. And they really struggled with an oline with him. we need a new oline coach in a hurry.

Typ0
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM

I just answered that in your other thread and it's related to the QB. I did miss the 4th quarter of the game on monday but I really liked what I saw from Edwards in the first three. I was pleased to see him throw that check down pass and get the ball out of there. As far as I'm concerned Lossman is just plain too slow in the head to get things done and that's what we've seen. People want to see that bomb like they are playing street football. I'm pretty happy with a guy who already, after a training camp and two games, is clearly getting the ball into the hands of the guys who are supposed to be moving it downfield.

I was disappointed in the Offenses lack of scoring ability. They should have kicked field goals when they didn't both of the last two weeks as well. Don't extend Lossman and go with Edwards please.

Typ0
10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
yeah, i'm wondering when the ML backlash will start. obviously we are all savy enough to know that the kid has no room to run. but it seems that not enough people are willing to call out mcnally.

I'm all for home grown talent. but prior to the bills he was at NYG. And they really struggled with an oline with him. we need a new oline coach in a hurry.

I don't think so. We need to have more success passing downfield with the rookie before there will be any running lanes.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Evans made it clear where he stands . His opinion trumps anyones at this point in time. He knows better than any fan.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Evans made it clear where he stands . His opinion trumps anyones at this point in time. He knows better than any fan.

Eric Moulds was called a cancer and many other things when he said something about the QB situation.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Eric Moulds was called a cancer and many other things when he said something about the QB situation.

I wasn't one fo them who called him a cancer. As a matter of fact I agreed that JP wasn't ready then just as Trent isn't ready now which is why I want Jp to have another shot. Get it?

Philagape
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM

And teammates have never supported the wrong player before. They always turn out to be right.

plundar
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I think TE looks better and more comfortable in the pocket. He is a lot more accurate in the short passing game too. I like the both of them but right now I think TE is the better option. JP has not looked good at all.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:37 AM
And teammates have never supported the wrong player before. They always turn out to be right.
just like fans have never supported the wrong players before? I'm not saying Evans is right or wrong but I'll believe him before I believe you because he's closer to the situation and knows more facts than you and I do.

Philagape
10-10-2007, 10:40 AM
just like fans have never supported the wrong players before? I'm not saying Evans is right or wrong but I'll believe him before I believe you because he's closer to the situation and knows more facts than you and I do.

I don't care who anyone believes. It's the end result that matters. That's what determines credibility, who turns out to be right or wrong.

Night Train
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
The Team is 1-4.

Defending either is comical.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 10:43 AM

When he catches up to Reed and Parrish in yards and receptions I'm might consider his opinion more important.

He's our #3 receiver right now.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't care who anyone believes..and here lies the problem. You don't care about what a player says but what you think is right . You have no credibility over these guys. It a sad fact you have to face.

Philagape
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
and here lies the problem. You don't care about what a player says but what you think is right . You have no credibility over these guys. It a sad fact you have to face.

Like I said, credibility is determined by who turns out to be right or wrong. I don't care what players say because players can be wrong. Coaches can be wrong. Fans can be wrong. Media can be wrong. Therefore I don't care what anyone says.

I state my opinion on a message board. And thanks for getting personal again. Keep it coming. :up:

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
When he catches up to Reed and Parris in yards and receptions I'm might consider his opinion more important.

He's our #3 receiver right now.

Is that Eavns fault or Fairchilds?

It doesn't take a genius to know that slot recievers will get more passes when Qb's can only throw short. Evans is made to go deep and Parrish and reed up the middle. Now it's even gonna get worse because of Trents inablility to go deep, he also throwing it to the rb and TE's. While it may control the clock it won't wein games especially against better teams.

So what do you suggest? Get rid of Evans?

RedEyE
10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm honestly tired of the QB controversies in Buffalo. I wish that we would get just one QB in BUffalo that came in and played so well that there wasn't any question as to who would the Bills need to be building around.

I have to tell you, Losman has taken much to long to develop. He shows obvious signs of greatness and even more signs of being less than adequate.

Trent does certainly have poise and his decision making has been fairly better than good, but does he really have what it takes to take this team to another division championship? Hard to say. The fact that he also requires some development leaves me thinking that we have yet another few years of inflated let down to look "forward" to.

Edwards reads his check downs well and makes great effort with his feet, but his decision making abilities and his ability to lead this team properly still lie in question.

Reviewing his stats at Stanford, in 31 starting games, Edwards made 36 TD passes but also threw 33 INTs. In 5 different games he threw 3 or more picks.

His completion percentage has been stellar through his college career, but his decisions to throw the mistake have come at most unopportune times.

The call to throw that pass on 3rd down was just wrong. I could see it coming the entire drive as Dallas mixed things up a bit, Trent showed the same exact signs of a deer in headlights as we've seen all to often in Losman.

My point?

My point is I want a diffinitive answer at QB. I want a guy to come in here that puts up such large numbers that there isn't any question that he should be removed from his starting role. Or at the very least he has to be able to show that he not only knows how to manage and lead the team, but that he knows how to win.

I say that depending on how things pan out through the season, if neither of these Buffalo QBs emerge into the spotlight, then the Bills have no choice but to use their 1st overall pick to get the right guy in here. Whether that is in a trade or in the draft, it makes no difference. Because if we are going to start "developing" and "rebuilding" all over again, I'd rather do it with a guy that has a lot more on the table then just a tremendous amount of potential.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
The Team is 1-4.

Defending either is comical.

Or irrelevant.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Is that Eavns fault or Fairchilds?

It doesn't take a genius to know that slot recievers will get more passes when Qb's can only throw short. Evans is made to go deep and Parrish and reed up the middle. Now it's even gonna get worse because of Trents inablility to go deep, he also throwing it to the rb and TE's. While it may control the clock it won't wein games especially against better teams.

So what do you suggest? Get rid of Evans?

Pretty sure it was his boy behind center the first 2 games. It's not like he helped him save his job.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Like I said, credibility is determined by who turns out to be right or wrong. I don't care what players say because players can be wrong. Coaches can be wrong. Fans can be wrong. Media can be wrong. Therefore I don't care what anyone says.

I state my opinion on a message board. [QUOTE=Philagape]I wasn't talking about the future but NOW. Right NOW your credibility is squat.

[QUOTE=Philagape]And thanks for getting personal again. Keep it coming. :up:

Still crying huh. When I say you, it's based on what YOU sposted . Not the person. I'll mkae it simpler for you to understand . Your posts the wreak nothing but :wail: about my posts . Your posts are :limp: . Your posts should grow a pair.

Better? :D

Night Train
10-10-2007, 10:54 AM
The quick outs to the WR's aren't working too well, with 8,9 in the box. You only run those plays when the DB's are playing off the line. It also takes away opportunities with the quick slants and skinny post patterns.

Someone forgot to send Fairchild the memo.

Philagape
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I wasn't talking about the future but NOW. Right NOW your credibility is squat.

Right now there's no such thing. The ONLY thing that determines credibility is who turns out to be right or wrong. Credibility isn't even an issue now.

Still crying huh. When I say you, it's based on what YOU sposted . Not the person. I'll mkae it simpler for you to understand . Your posts the wreak nothing but :wail: about my posts . Your posts are :limp: . Your posts should grow a pair.

Better? :D

That was better, yes. Lame back-tracking as usual, but that particular post was better. Except for the English. Calm down. Nice and easy.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Right now there's no such thing. The ONLY thing that determines credibility is who turns out to be right or wrong. Credibility isn't even an issue now. .okay. We'll take your opinion over Evans for the moment. NOT!

That was better, yes. Lame back-tracking as usual, but that particular post was better. Except for the English.

:up:

Philagape
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
okay. We'll take your opinion over Evans for the moment. NOT!

You can do whatever you want.

mybills
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
this...

I did miss the 4th quarter of the game on monday
is why you can't want this...

go with Edwards please.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Pretty sure it was his boy behind center the first 2 games. It's not like he helped him save his job.
interesting. The difference is that Jp didn't dink and dunk. When Trent tried to go deep he looked like Rob Johnson and lost the game.

I say it was the playcalling

ScottLawrence
10-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I wasn't one fo them who called him a cancer. As a matter of fact I agreed that JP wasn't ready then just as Trent isn't ready now which is why I want Jp to have another shot. Get it?

If Trent isn't ready then what does that make JP?

Trent has looked the same, if not better then Losman has this season and in his rookie year he knows how to stand in the pocket with poise, and is a hell of a lot better with pocket awarness then Losman is.

I'm not a fan of Steve Fairchild at all after these first 4 games this season, but I think its obvious Edwards looks like the smarter, more equipped quarterback for the job and will only get better as he is a rookie.....The same can't be said for Losman in his 4th year in the league still struggling to recognize a blitz.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
If Trent isn't ready then what does that make JP?.
A soldier who does what eh was told to do which is why the wrs were also calling for better playcalling? :idunno:

Trent has looked the same, if not better then Losman has this season and in his rookie year he knows how to stand in the pocket with poise, and is a hell of a lot better with pocket awarness then Losman is. .

He looked better because he benefited from Jp calling out the OC. We don't know what he can do had the playbook been opened up from day 1. Trent didn't look better when going for the deep ball did he? He looked like a duck getting sacked and even lost us the game.

I'm not a fan of Steve Fairchild at all after these first 4 games this season, but I think its obvious Edwards looks like the smarter, more equipped quarterback for the job and will only get better as he is a rookie.....The same can't be said for Losman in his 4th year in the league still struggling to recognize a blitz.

Like I said, I like edwrds but given the circumstances, I'd rather JP remove all doubt himself than going for what we think is the flavor of the month and end up doing the same thing we did when we released Henry for Willis or Flutie for RJ.

EDS
10-10-2007, 03:24 PM
If JP never got hurt then I think it would have been a mistake to switch to Edwards at any point prior to mid-season, the idea being when you bench Losman you know for certain he is not the guy.

Now that Edwards has had a shot, it is hard to want Losman back in there given how he struggles at everything but the deep bomb to Evans.

Right now the two are about even in terms of their poor play, just Edwards may have more long term potential.

Also, I think Evans comments of supporting Losman can be considered self-serving to a degree. When is his contract up? His stats will improve if Losman is back because they do have a good connection on deep passes and Losman tends to lock-in on Evans exclusively while Edwards has demonstrated more of a tendency to spread the ball around.

I admit that my patience with Losman has pretty much worn out. I just don't understand why he regressed this season. Sure the Steelers have a great defense but Denver's defense has proven to be only average. The Pats are right up there with the Steelers and Edwards seemingly handled them as well as Losman handled the Steelers, despite the fact Edwards came in on short notice and was making his first appearance in an NFL game (versus 25+ starts for Losman).

ScottLawrence
10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
A soldier who does what eh was told to do which is why the wrs were also calling for better playcalling? :idunno:

He looked better because he benefited from Jp calling out the OC. We don't know what he can do had the playbook been opened up from day 1. Trent didn't look better when going for the deep ball did he? He looked like a duck getting sacked and even lost us the game.

Like I said, I like edwrds but given the circumstances, I'd rather JP remove all doubt himself than going for what we think is the flavor of the month and end up doing the same thing we did when we released Henry for Willis or Flutie for RJ.

That entire post was bull ****.

Fairchild has been just as conservative these past two games as he was the first three.

Typ0
10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
this...

is why you can't want this...

you're kidding me right? 20 consecutive bad quarters from JP LoSSMan and you want to stick with him claiming he's a "rookie" despite it being his third season...and then you want to throw this kid under the bus in his second game for having a bad quarter. Talk about a joke.