X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Losman vs. Edwards.

I figured I'd consolidate the JP vs. Edwards threads.

My take is that JP is simply on the wrong team. Trent is a better fit for what this team is trying to do. I use "trying" loosely of course.

JP has a big arm, but isn't super popular with his teammates. Did he even talk to any of his teammates during the game?

Trent is a rookie but has a big enough arm to get the ball downfield so lets kill that argument now.

We do have a QB controversy which is not good for this team.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Losman vs. Edwards.

I've made clear where I stand.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Sep 2005

I think the choice is clear. Edwards, in two games, is developmentally at the same stage Losman finds himself in almost thirty games.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Losman = more athletic, can scramble, can throw the long ball. Had trouble scoring points

Edwards = makes decisions quickly, nice quick release, check's down quickly and keeps the chains moving. Had trouble scoring points.

MMMM...maybe it doesn't matter who the QB is as much as its the people who call the plays that can't score points.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
          Losman = more athletic, can scramble, can throw the long ball. Had trouble scoring points

Edwards = makes decisions quickly, nice quick release, check's down quickly and keeps the chains moving. Had trouble scoring points.

MMMM...maybe it doesn't matter who the QB is as much as its the people who call the plays that can't score points.
          Maybe it's the lack of a running game.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            yeah, i'm wondering when the ML backlash will start. obviously we are all savy enough to know that the kid has no room to run. but it seems that not enough people are willing to call out mcnally.

I'm all for home grown talent. but prior to the bills he was at NYG. And they really struggled with an oline with him. we need a new oline coach in a hurry.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I just answered that in your other thread and it's related to the QB. I did miss the 4th quarter of the game on monday but I really liked what I saw from Edwards in the first three. I was pleased to see him throw that check down pass and get the ball out of there. As far as I'm concerned Lossman is just plain too slow in the head to get things done and that's what we've seen. People want to see that bomb like they are playing street football. I'm pretty happy with a guy who already, after a training camp and two games, is clearly getting the ball into the hands of the guys who are supposed to be moving it downfield.

I was disappointed in the Offenses lack of scoring ability. They should have kicked field goals when they didn't both of the last two weeks as well. Don't extend Lossman and go with Edwards please.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                yeah, i'm wondering when the ML backlash will start. obviously we are all savy enough to know that the kid has no room to run. but it seems that not enough people are willing to call out mcnally.

I'm all for home grown talent. but prior to the bills he was at NYG. And they really struggled with an oline with him. we need a new oline coach in a hurry.
                I don't think so. We need to have more success passing downfield with the rookie before there will be any running lanes.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Evans made it clear where he stands . His opinion trumps anyones at this point in time. He knows better than any fan.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Evans made it clear where he stands . His opinion trumps anyones at this point in time. He knows better than any fan.
                    Eric Moulds was called a cancer and many other things when he said something about the QB situation.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      Eric Moulds was called a cancer and many other things when he said something about the QB situation.
                      I wasn't one fo them who called him a cancer. As a matter of fact I agreed that JP wasn't ready then just as Trent isn't ready now which is why I want Jp to have another shot. Get it?
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

And teammates have never supported the wrong player before. They always turn out to be right.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• plundar
                          • Mar 2006

I think TE looks better and more comfortable in the pocket. He is a lot more accurate in the short passing game too. I like the both of them but right now I think TE is the better option. JP has not looked good at all.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                            And teammates have never supported the wrong player before. They always turn out to be right.
                            just like fans have never supported the wrong players before? I'm not saying Evans is right or wrong but I'll believe him before I believe you because he's closer to the situation and knows more facts than you and I do.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

just like fans have never supported the wrong players before? I'm not saying Evans is right or wrong but I'll believe him before I believe you because he's closer to the situation and knows more facts than you and I do.
                              I don't care who anyone believes. It's the end result that matters. That's what determines credibility, who turns out to be right or wrong.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X