PDA

View Full Version : Where is our running game?

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Are we ever going to get 100 yards rushing?!

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Check out who is #3 in the NFL for rushing this year.

Typ0
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
we don't have a QB teams respect in the passing game so they just shut down the run which is where our running game is. Most teams are willing to give up a shot at a long bomb when Lossman is in there because the rest of the passing game is medicre at best. Edwards is just a rookie facing NFL defenses for the first time it's the nature of the beast with him.

bigbub2352
10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
The problem does not lie with Dockery and Peters, it is Fowler, Walker and Preston/Butler, peters and dockery are moving the pile it is backside pusuit and lack of push up the middle from Fowler that cause the line being stacked up all the time. Fowler is a terrible center and Walker is not much better than is ******* clone mike williams, they play soft and dumb, Preston should not have made the team and Butler is always hurt

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I think the OL is struggling in run blocking, particularly on the right side. On top of that, Lynch is showing his inexperience. He never uses the cutback lane and always hits the intended hole, whether it's filled or not. Going airborne on that short yardage play was a big mistake as well. Hopefully he'll learn and improve.

But Lynch and Evans REALLY need to step it up.

PECKERWOOD
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
The problem does not lie with Dockery and Peters, it is Fowler, Walker and Preston/Butler, peters and dockery are moving the pile it is backside pusuit and lack of push up the middle from Fowler that cause the line being stacked up all the time. Fowler is a terrible center and Walker is not much better than is ******* clone mike williams, they play soft and dumb, Preston should not have made the team and Butler is always hurt

I've noticed that too, Butler is always knicked up. Walker is solid player most of the time but on occasion he gets beat terribly by speedy pass rushers. We need depth at OL, no question.

don137
10-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Just ike Typo said as long as the pass does not get the respect the running game will suffer...Look at New England. Moroney and Morris are no better than average RBs yet they run well. Lynch is much better then those two but Buffalo's running game suffers because so many are in the box and the OL is outnumbered.

billser
10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
I think the running game is a team problem rather than Marshawn Lynch. Whether it be lack of OLINE, the playcalling, or lack of pass player that amounts to a bad run game, i certainly will consider all of those options before placing blame on Lynch

Mr. Pink
10-10-2007, 12:22 PM
The funny part is I was saying this last season and it remains the same this season....

We have no running game because...
A. we have no passing game...period
B. our lineman get pushed into the backfield.

You all wanted to run McGahee out on a rail, sadly Marshawn really looks no different. He gets to the second level and doesn't burn anyone. He dances in the backfield, because he has to, thanks to our lineman getting pushed back at the point of attack, and has no running lanes due to the defensive stacking the box because we have jack squat at the QB position to scare anyone.

McGahee's YPC last year 3.8 last year 4.5 this
Lynch's YPC 3.7

So if this crap continues for another couple seasons, is everyone going to turn on Marshawn and want to run him out of town too? Only to watch him succeed elsewhere.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
The funny part is I was saying this last season and it remains the same this season....

We have no running game because...
A. we have no passing game...period
B. our lineman get pushed into the backfield.

You all wanted to run McGahee out on a rail, sadly Marshawn really looks no different. He gets to the second level and doesn't burn anyone. He dances in the backfield, because he has to, thanks to our lineman getting pushed back at the point of attack, and has no running lanes due to the defensive stacking the box because we have jack squat at the QB position to scare anyone.

McGahee's YPC last year 3.8 last year 4.5 this
Lynch's YPC 3.7

So if this crap continues for another couple seasons, is everyone going to turn on Marshawn and want to run him out of town too? Only to watch him succeed elsewhere.

Lynch likes the woman at Applebee's so he should be better than Willis.