PDA

View Full Version : Team Status For Next Year

billser
10-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I Got to thinking, and actually like this team going into next year!

While there were MANY questions coming into this year, i feel better about this team.

I love Whitney and KO as our safeties. I love the linebackers with Crowell, Ellison, and now think POZ is a player. DiGorgio aint looking too bad n i like the depth. Our corners are most surprising to me. Ive seen signs from Youboty, Greer is playing GREAT, and McGee is an average to good cb. It seems on the D side, we need to draft DLLLINNEE now, but at least its an obvious choice rather than going in with mannnyy needs.

On O, im hoping we can find an answer in Trent or JP, and im optimistic we will by seasons end. Lynch is an obvious answer at RB, i think hes a beast. The oline has been a surprise to me, I didnt know what to expect coming in...so the glaring weakness on our O is either a BIG PHYISCAL RECIEVER or TE

SO, I THINK WE'RE A D-LINER AND BIG RECIEVER AWAY in the draft from a good all around team next year..i like our team next year! watta u folks think

billser
10-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh, almost forgot....AND A NEW COACHING STAFF!!

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh, almost forgot....AND A NEW COACHING STAFF!!

Phew, I was just ready to snap and then you pulled it all together on one post, well done.

Romes
10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
I was gonna say...it depends who is coaching.

While the Bills aren't the most talented team, decent gameday decision making would make this team 3-2 instead of 1-4.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 11:37 AM
the D is looking better and Fewell might save his job.

The O still has a long way to go, especially if neither QB emerges this year. It's inexplicable given the attention paid to the O in the last two off-seasons: Reed (extended), Price, Dockery, Royal, Fowler, moving Peters, Butler, Pennington, drafting Lynch and Wright, A-Train, Edwards....

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 11:40 AM
the D is looking better and Fewell might save his job.

The O still has a long way to go, especially if neither QB emerges this year. It's inexplicable given the attention paid to the O in the last two off-seasons: Reed (extended), Price, Dockery, Royal, Fowler, moving Peters, Butler, Pennington, drafting Lynch and Wright, A-Train, Edwards....

Call it a lack of progression under JP, TD's haunting legacy.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Call it a lack of progression under JP, TD's haunting legacy.

it's not just JP though. Edwards only managed one good drive against the Pats and 3 points against Dallas. Really, JP's had two bad games and Edwards has had two bad ones and one decent one. While there is no doubt that JP has struggled, he's far from the only problem the offense has.

billser
10-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I think i started feeling better half way through the dallas game, i actually got realllll confident in our secondary. When they were showing the coverage dominating Owens, i realized we may have something here. To think we dont have Ko, and we came into the season with WEBSTER, it just made me feel good bout the team.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Good thread.

I now actually think that McCargo, Williams and Triplett are doing pretty well, although we could still use one more big DT. Our biggest D line need to me, however, is a pass rushing DE. Schobel has pretty much disappeared.

I also agree that a big 2nd WR is desperately needed. Royal and Gaines are playing well, but a pass catching TE would still be nice.

I'm not sold on our O line yet, however. Every time Lynch - who could be a great RB - goes into the line, there are a swarm of opposing players waiting for him. Our pass protection is decent, but even the vaunted duo of Peters and Dockery are not opening any running lanes. Don't know if it's coaching or personel.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 11:46 AM
it's not just JP though. Edwards only managed one good drive against the Pats and 3 points against Dallas. Really, JP's had two bad games and Edwards has had two bad ones and one decent one. While there is no doubt that JP has struggled, he's far from the only problem the offense has.

He completes like 20% less of his passes than trent, is that a difference make?

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm not sold on our O line yet, however. Every time Lynch - who could be a great RB - goes into the line, there are a swarm of opposing players waiting for him. Our pass protection is decent, but even the vaunted duo of Peters and Dockery are not opening any running lanes. Don't know if it's coaching or personel.

No ability to audible when the box is loaded will get you everytime.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Edwards has respectable numbers, but they don't translate into much offense. Three offensive points against the Cowboys?

billser
10-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Good thread.

I now actually think that McCargo, Williams and Triplett are doing pretty well, although we could still use one more big DT. Our biggest D line need to me, however, is a pass rushing DE. Schobel has pretty much disappeared.

I also agree that a big 2nd WR is desperately needed. Royal and Gaines are playing well, but a pass catching TE would still be nice.

i was thinking about this as well. I think the Oline will gel in one years time, i truly dont mind the players were have there. Also, i feel like we've played some tough run defenses. Lynch, given any room to work, will be a madman....but as of right now, ur right, he simply has no room to work with.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Just remember...things are always the darkest before the dawn...

After Monday and everything else about this organization I don't think it can get any darker.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 11:51 AM

no because it still only lead to 3 offensive points against Dallas and we still got blown out by NE. Completing more passes doesn't mean anything until it puts more points on the board.

I'm not trying to defend JP here- I'm just saying that the offense was equally inept with Trent and his 20% higher completion percentage as it was with JP, so obviously the problem goes beyond QB. It's completely illogical that Trent could have 20 point advantage in completion % yet the offense is equally as bad unless there is some other factor involved.

PECKERWOOD
10-10-2007, 11:55 AM
First, I would like to admit that I have an unhealthy man crush on Jabari Greer. McCargo has been a huge surprise to me personally this year, I like the guy he is starting material no doubt. I still wouldn't mind a Glenn Dorsey and added depth at: WR, WR, WR, CB, LB, OL, interior DL.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Edwards has respectable numbers, but they don't translate into much offense. Three offensive points against the Cowboys?

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Despite better numbers by Edwards than Losman, it hasn't turned into more offensive production (except against the Jets- a team with a weak D that Losman usually lights up).

So, obviously the O's problems go beyond QB.

djjimkelly
10-10-2007, 12:00 PM
JP is at 64% this year for the record please stick to facts skoobs u know i dont want to hack on you

:respect:

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Just remember...things are always the darkest before the dawn...

After Monday and everything else about this organization I don't think it can get any darker.
Oh, we'll find a way. . .

billser
10-10-2007, 12:01 PM
That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Despite better numbers by Edwards than Losman, it hasn't turned into more offensive production (except against the Jets- a team with a weak D that Losman usually lights up).

So, obviously the O's problems go beyond QB.

Not to defend either player, but Trent has been able to move the team and sustain drives (even in spite of the fact taht the running game has been lacking) Losman, on the other hand, hasnt been able to do that this year. It just always seems like the Bills are bound to kick FGs once they get inside the 20....the more i think of alllll the bills problems, the more evident is becomes that its alll on the coaching.

Oaf
10-10-2007, 12:37 PM
1. Offensive Coordinator
2. Defensive Coordinator
3. Big WR to go with Evans
4. DT to go with McCargo
5. OLB to push Ellison/Crowell
6. CB to push McGee/Youboty
7. RG to push Butler

= playoffs '08 baby!