PDA

View Full Version : New Assistant Coach?

scott51
10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I am not saying this is true or stating a fact. I was talking to my brother-in-law and he heard that Marv Levy has shown interest in bringing Jim Kelly in as a QB's coach or maybe even OC. I think this might be a good move, wondered what others would think and if anyone else has heard this rumor.

** Not sure where he heard this.

Slim
10-10-2007, 12:25 PM
where did he hear this rumor?

acehole
10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I am not saying this is true or stating a fact. I was talking to my brother-in-law and he heard that Marv Levy has shown interest in bringing Jim Kelly in as a QB's coach or maybe even OC. I think this might be a good move, wondered what others would think and if anyone else has heard this rumor.

Outstanding....Idea....

I would feel great to let him decide who to start as well.

While we are at is T Thomas for RB coach and A Read for WR coach.

Hot dam!

trapezeus
10-10-2007, 12:40 PM
there are only so many gimmicky things the FO can do to inspire the 90's teams. Jim Kelly is an untouchable. but if he comes into the coaching staff as an OC and is as bad as what we have, he's going to get some immediate lashback.

Jim Kelly has not been coaching on any level since retirment. i think it's a terrible idea despite his knowledge on how to pick defenses apart. the game has changed. has he? i don't know. but on the face of it, i'd hate to see Jimbo get sucked into this sinking ship.

G. Host
10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Jimbo in the past has been content to be the poster boy. He has said that he is not willing to put in the 60-80 hours or more coaches do each week during the season (sounds like some posters but except not being paid). It is really easy to criticize coaches after the fact and Jimbo knows it; it is not like he had not done some bone-headed things after the fact said I should not have done that.

Night Train
10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
AVP is already on the payroll as an assistant and knows the old Ted Marchibroda offense inside & out.

Kelly has said many times he doesn't have the time to coach. He'd be calling old friend AVP on the phone quite often anyhow with suggestions, I'm sure.

Gunzlingr
10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Has this been confirmed with the Bills' chef?

casdhf
10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Jim would make an aweful coach.

Now, owner has a nice ring to it.

djjimkelly
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Has this been confirmed with the Bills' chef?

lol i have to joke whats is the chef cooking

DynaPaul
10-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't think this rumor has much weight to it. Jim has always shunned coaching and is more liking the analyst, public figure, and charity thing he's done in the past.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
He looked happy on the sideline monday night, until the clock guy got confused.

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2007, 03:11 PM

Not sure if OC would be a great move but QBs coach for sure!!!

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh, I thought you meant a guy for game/clock management, or a brain surgeon to transplant one into Jauron.

YardRat
10-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Kelly doesn't want to coach, and he's been pretty adamant about it. He re-inforced the point on a local radio station just a couple of weeks ago.

DraftBoy
10-10-2007, 06:58 PM
How about brining in James Lofton who has been a successful assistant in the NFL and a former Bill, I think he works either with the Chargers or Raiders.

JD
10-10-2007, 07:01 PM
He doesnt HAVE to coach, why not just be on the sidelines for Edwards.

TigerJ
10-10-2007, 10:25 PM
While I like Kelly's philosophical approach to the game, I don't think he's paid much attention to Xs and Os over the past 15 years. Moreover I've seen nothing to indicate a change in his attitude toward coaching. In short, it would take a whole lot more than a rumor to really get me thinking about that.

Tatonka
10-10-2007, 10:34 PM
whats kelly going to do as a coach? tell the qb to call the plays?