PDA

View Full Version : LOSMAN AND OTHERS RETURN TO PRACTICE:

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:19 AM ET | Link

LOSMAN AND OTHERS RETURN TO PRACTICE: J.P. Losman and several other players that have been on the injury list were practicing today. Losman looked very limber moving around on the field. We'll have a full report in Bills Focus later today. Ryan Denney, Coy Wire and Ashton Youboty were all back practicing. Wire appeared to be a bit limited in his movement.

Not participating were Brad Butler, Robert Royal and Chris Kelsay. Michael Gaines was not in attendance. We hope to get an update from Dick Jauron after practice is over.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
QB controversy, here we come!

Night Train
10-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Here we go.

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
QB controversy, here we come! Wheres the controversy? when qb has played good the other hasn't i don't see how a controversy can exists.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
QB controversy, here we come!
Here we go.!

and here it is. :D

Wheres the controversy? when qb has played good the other hasn't i don't see how a controversy can exists.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Wheres the controversy? when qb has played good the other hasn't i don't see how a controversy can exists.

Edwards has better numbers but not better results. He's 1-2 with a victory over the Jets and Losman is 0-2 with losses to Pitt and Denver. If anything I'd lean towards Edwards because he was slightly better with a lot less experience, but there is a legit argument that his performance was not good enough to justify taking JP's starting job due to injury.

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Edwards has better numbers but not better results. He's 1-2 with a victory over the Jets and Losman is 0-2 with losses to Pitt and Denver. If anything I'd lean towards Edwards because he was slightly better with a lot less experience, but there is a legit argument that his performance was not good enough to justify taking JP's starting job due to injury.Lets not kid ourselves op this team is not going to break 8 wins no matter who is under center, but edwards has made the team better around him. He moves the chains and keeps the defense off the field. He takes advantage of players who have been a non factor under losman. Tight ends, running backs are now showing they aren't just one dimensional players. Josh Reed and Roscoe are properly being used. Unlike losman who only seems to use Evans. Edwards has played three games, two against the cowboys and patriots and the jets. He has been been impressive in most of the snaps he has taken. This kid deserves to run this offense, we need to see if he is the real deal before we have a top ten pick next year.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
:movie:

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Lets not kid ourselves op this team is not going to break 8 wins no matter who is under center, but edwards has made the team better around him. He moves the chains and keeps the defense off the field. He takes advantage of players who have been a non factor under losman. Tight ends, running backs are now showing they aren't just one dimensional players. Josh Reed and Roscoe are properly being used. Unlike losman who only seems to use Evans. Edwards has played three games, two against the cowboys and patriots and the jets. He has been been impressive in most of the snaps he has taken. This kid deserves to run this offense, we need to see if he is the real deal before we have a top ten pick next year.

good points and I don't disagree- I'm just saying there are enough fans, sportswriters and possbily coaches who do disagree to make a QB controversy.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
This kid deserves to run this offense, .
based on what? Jp deserves a shot as anyone on this team.

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
good points and I don't disagree- I'm just saying there are enough fans, sportswriters and possbily coaches who do disagree to make a QB controversy. If losman starts against the ravens i will bank that his supporters will pull a vanishing act when we get destroyed on the field and the offense can't move the chains.

Inetpub
10-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Edwards has better numbers but not better results. He's 1-2 with a victory over the Jets and Losman is 0-2 with losses to Pitt and Denver. If anything I'd lean towards Edwards because he was slightly better with a lot less experience, but there is a legit argument that his performance was not good enough to justify taking JP's starting job due to injury.

If you want to compare teams, Also note, Edwards lost to 5-0 teams. The Pats and The Cowboys. only other team that would complete the trifecta would be losing to the Colts.

Considering Edwards wasnt horrid vs the Cowboys and was good vs the Jets, I am waving JP bye bye now.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:06 PM
If losman starts against the ravens i will bank that his supporters will pull a vanishing act when we get destroyed on the field and the offense can't move the chains.
and if he plays well and we win the game, what's your option? :D

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
based on what? Jp deserves a shot as anyone on this team. He has had plenty of games including two this year to show if he can be a quality qb. Im still waiting on JP. A rookie qb has looked far better against quality competition then JP has ever looked.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:08 PM
He has had plenty of games including two this year to show if he can be a quality qb. Im still waiting on JP. A rookie qb has looked far better against quality competition then JP has ever looked.
that's already been said too.

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:11 PM
and if he plays well and we win the game, what's your option? :Dopinion or option? If he plays well againts the Ravens then he should play out the season, but at the end of the year we have to make a decision whether to dump a huge amount of money into JP, or if we roll with edwards. It is a big decision and to be honest i have seen nothing in JP to make me feel like he should be the qb of the future.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:12 PM
opinion or option? If he plays well againts the Ravens then he should play out the season, but at the end of the year we have to make a decision whether to dump a huge amount of money into JP, or if we roll with edwards. It is a big decision and to be honest i have seen nothing in JP to make me feel like he should be the qb of the future.
so you agree that he deserves another shot then?

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:15 PM
that's already been said too. Maybe i should start pointing out all your opinions that have been posted already, oh wait i can pretty much predict any response comming from you because they all ring with the same theme.

imbondz
10-10-2007, 01:16 PM
and here it is. :D

:rofl:

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
so you agree that he deserves another shot then? No i still disagree but if he does see the field, which i don't think he will, then the bills need to stick with whoever plays after the bye. I don't want this back and forth crap all year.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
No i still disagree but if he does see the field, which i don't think he will, then the bills need to stick with whoever plays after the bye. I don't want this back and forth crap all year.
How can he play and prove he can beat the ravens if you won't let him play?

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
based on what? Jp deserves a shot as anyone on this team.

he's had around 30 of them.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
How can he play and prove he can beat the ravens if you won't let him play?

Rewind to week 17 last year.

Opps, that doesn't count. It was a meaningless game.

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
How can he play and prove he can beat the ravens if you won't let him play? Because genius its not my call its the coaches. If JP gets the call and plays well i'll reevaluate my position, but i don't he should or will get the call over edwards the rest of the year.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Rewind to week 17 last year.

Opps, that doesn't count. It was a meaningless game.
we played in week 17? :huh:

I get your point but lasy year is last year. we have a different team now. JP deserves a shot.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Yes, but it was meaningless (excuse) because JP played like crap and cost the Bills the game. So it doesn't count.

G. Host
10-10-2007, 01:37 PM

I get your point but lasy year is last year. we have a different team now. JP deserves a shot.

Week 17 is Game 16.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Because genius its not my call its the coaches. If JP gets the call and plays well i'll reevaluate my position, but i don't he should or will get the call over edwards the rest of the year.

I never said it was your call but you said
If he plays well againts the Ravens then he should play out the season, but at the end of the year we have to make a decision whether to dump a huge amount of money into JP, or if we roll with edwards. It is a big decision and to be honest i have seen nothing in JP to make me feel like he should be the qb of the future..

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:45 PM ET | Link

INJURY UPDATE: Michael Gaines was excused for family reasons today. Robert Royal and Chris Kelsay were given days off due to considerable soreness from the game. Brad Butler and Jim Leonhard also did not practice. Dick Jauron said Leonhard could be a little longer than some of the other injured players.

Ryan Denney came through practice well. Coy Wire is still experiencing pain, but felt he did okay. Both are targeting the Baltimore game for their return.

J.P. Losman looked good according to Dick Jauron. Offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild said he wants to see him in pads before they determine whether they need to make a decision at QB. The team is schedule to be in pads tomorrow. Trent Edwards took the first snaps during team work.

Ashton Youboty practiced, but wasn't at full speed.

John DiGiorgio had his arm in a cast more as a protective measure for a troublesome thumb, but practiced fully.

---

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I never said it was your call but you said

Gosh your smart, just to explain it to you i was answering your question remember? :rolleyes:

and if he plays well and we win the game, what's your option? :D

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Gosh your smart, just to explain it to you i was answering your question remember? :rolleyes:

You're. I guess we know who's the "genius" and not the sharpest one here :D

:jk:

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Trent Edwards took the first snaps during team work.

---

I prefer to read this statement the rest of the year.

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
You're. I guess we know who's the "genius" and not the sharpest one here :D

:jk: Ill take a draw my head still hurts from the bills game.

shelby
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
:up: i'm glad Denney, Youbouty, and Losman are back.
i doubt we'll see Coy Wire play this week:(

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 03:23 PM
:up: i'm glad Denney, Youbouty, and Losman are back.
i doubt we'll see Coy Wire play this week:(
Ellison is back. No need to rush Wire. Get him 100% and he and Ellison can rotate.... I think.