PDA

View Full Version : I'm Losing My Enthusiasm.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm a certified homer and a card carrying optimist, but the Denver disgrace and the Dallas debacle have worn me down. Especially after 47+ years of witnessing similar gut wrenching defeats, including seven straight - and soon to be eight - seasons with no playoffs.

I've got this year and two more to go on my club seat contract, and if we're shut out of the postseason for the duration - making it ten straight playoffless seasons - I just might dump my tickets.

I never thought I would do that, but the cumulative effect of the losing and the accompanying frustration are making the drive too long, the celebrations too infrequent, and the rewards of being a serious season ticket holder too small.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
never for me. We had the late 80's and the 90's when the Pats had colts had the decade were having now. It's their time for now, eventually it'll be ours again.

Historian
10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I can't disagree with you Jan.

I'm awfully tired of watching these stiffs coach the team, with little or no hope of ever even making the playoffs.

Add to that the indignity of paying 25 bucks to park in a lot that they won't even open up until 5 hours before game time, I just assume watch from my sofa.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm not a season ticket holder but I feel your pain.

After the Dallas loss, 10 years of failure all caught up with me and hit me like a ton of bricks. During the game, I was more excited about football than I've been in years, but when it ended like that, I just flipped. It's been a decade since this team has won a big game. They were finally seconds from doing just that, but in typical Bills fashion, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and for the first time ever I started wondering if I still have the stomach to put up with this ****.

dannyek71
10-10-2007, 12:52 PM
The bills will win a few more games this year and give us hope. Then they will quickly squash them. See the prior half dozen seasons or so as reference.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I think when you are an uber homer you are only setting yourself up for more disappointment.

bills4every1
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
the sad thing is the only logical thing to do is fire our coaching staff and move on, dick jauron and steve fairchild are TERRIBLE. The thing thats really sad is its the same OLD thing ralph does NOT want to spend the $$$ for a winning proven coaching staff

This is what every 2 years lol I also am sick and tired of waiting its been well over 10 years since we have been good

raphael120
10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Has anyone else just kinda avoided all football since the game? It's like someone died. Tryin to keep your mind off things and just pretending it never happened but then...there it is, staring you in the face again.

Ugh...

I almost don't even want to watch another Bills game all season...it's going to be nothing compared to thiss last game, I'd rather not see it at all than watch them play like crap again. It's like breaking up with a girlfriend, the best way to do it is just cold turkey. Lingering just makes it worse in the end.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I guess it's a cumulative thing with me. Too many years, too many heartbreaking defeats, too little success, and now an endless rebuilding process.

I'm tired of "wait 'til next year." We used to be down for a while, then we'd come back to respectability and the playoffs. But a soon-to-be 8 year postseason drought - with no real end in sight, because realistically we're still more than one or two players away - is getting very difficult to swallow.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I guess it's a cumulative thing with me. Too many years, too many heartbreaking defeats, too little success, and now an endless rebuilding process.

I'm tired of "wait 'til next year." We used to be down for a while, then we'd come back to respectability and the playoffs. But a soon-to-be 8 year postseason drought - with no real end in sight, because realistically we're still more than one or two players away - is getting very difficult to swallow.
You sound like Op.

raphael120
10-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't know whats better...us getting blown out Monday, or what happened.

I kind of wish we did just get blown out....at least it was expected. I think it's more embarrassing to do well and **** up the way we did than just losing straight up.

The last buffalo fan
10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Hang in there, PLEASE!!!! :pray:

I know it is your money, it is your time, and it is your life. I can't blame you, really. I was spending at least $35 bucks a week, for several years (plus gasoline in a 15 minutes drive), just to watch my team at a bar, sorrounded of Pats , Colts, Giants and 49er's fans mainly laughing at me, because my sorry ass team. Now I just buy beer and food/snacks every two weeks, because my friend bought ticket NFL by himself, and is also paying for beer and food every two weeks. Also, this is now a 30 minutes drive, so please add gasoline to it. I really don't know if it is too much money, or it is not, but it worth every damn cent of my money spent, watching my beloved team, every ****ing Sunday during football season, and I really love it. :gobills:

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
You sound like Op.
Investing considerable time, money, and emotion in a chronically losing entity will do that.

Drev8
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I like the girlfriend analogy, because I've been thinking: is it time for me to break up with the Buffalo Bills? It's always hard to break up with someone you love, but at what point are they causing you too much pain to put up with any further? I know, I know, the Bills have daddy issues (Ralph Wilson), lots of family upheaval (multiple coaching changes over a short period of time), and suffer from depression (a perpetual atmosphere of losing and hopelessness).

But in the end, they're all just excuses! We keep giving in this relationship, and we get next to nothing back. Just heartache, disappointment, and bitterness.

Besides, there are so many other fish in the sea... (ok, not to imply I could ever cheer for the dolphins!)...

But seriously, is it time to break up?

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Add to that the indignity of paying 25 bucks to park in a lot that they won't even open up until 5 hours before game time, I just assume watch from my sofa.

That part is the NFL sticking their noses in it, but everything else here is how I feel.

Monday was the most depressing game I have ever gone to. It was just horrible leaving that game. So depressing. I was glad to have yesterday off so I could be miserable by myself at home.

It might be easier to kick myself in the balls before every game and not watch it.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Hang in there, PLEASE!!!! :pray:

I know it is your money, it is your time, and it is your life. I can't blame you, really. I was spending at least $35 bucks a week, for several years (plus gasoline in a 15 minutes drive), just to watch my team at a bar, sorrounded of Pats , Colts, Giants and 49er's fans mainly laughing at me, because my sorry ass team. Now I just buy beer and food/snacks every two weeks, because my friend bought ticket NFL by himself, and is also paying for beer and food every two weeks. Also, this is now a 30 minutes drive, so please add gasoline to it. I really don't know if it is too much money, or it is not, but it worth every damn cent of my money spent, watching my beloved team, every ****ing Sunday during football season, and I really love it. :gobills:
I'm not sure that I'm capable of hanging in there to the extent that I have for all of these years. I always say I'm not going to let the losses get to me, but I'm very competitive and they just kill me emotionally.

I've always said the Bills are like my kids - no matter how badly they screw up, I'll always love them. But if my kids disappointed me as much as the Bills, I might at least stop driving 12 hour each way, 8 to 10 times a year, to visit them.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Seriously though when the team looks like dog$#!t in preseason, please refrain from dismissing it as "only preseason." That's my main issue with the homers.

Philagape
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I don't know whats better...us getting blown out Monday, or what happened.

I kind of wish we did just get blown out....at least it was expected. I think it's more embarrassing to do well and **** up the way we did than just losing straight up.

The losses I hate the most are the ones we could have won. Ones that we let get away.

DynaPaul
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I feel all your pain. While I'll always be a Bills fan (unless they move) I am just not happy right now. Nor am I enthusiastic. I have 9th row tickets to the Baltimore game in 2 weeks and I'm not even hyped to be going. Right now I'm just worried that they'll get our hopes up for 3 plus quarters and then lay down at the last moment. Yes, I have been kind of avoiding football. Haven't read many articles about the collapse and haven't even fired up Madden on the Xbox 360. I think I may just indifferently watch the games now as if I'm watching some other team play.

bigbub2352
10-10-2007, 02:51 PM
I was a season ticket holder, and i go to a different away game every year, but i have to say the excuses and explanations of why we suck are strating to get repitous and old, Ralph in my opnion in the next offseason has to spend like crazy, and trade some dead weight, and stockpile more draft picks cause we have a solid unit of young core players, but our lack of leadership and coaching is what needs to change, it is time that we go out and get a real head coach and change up who evaluates our FA's most have not worked out since Marv, also i think the whole thing with Marv being GM was to sell tickets and he needs to step aside, we need to replace Fairchild and see what Fewell can do with some actual starters on D, but the nickel and dime **** has to go, Ralph is making a ton and i mean a ton this year, he needs to spend and get some depth and starters thru FA, Jan i feel ur pain

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 03:13 PM
never for me. We had the late 80's and the 90's when the Pats had colts had the decade were having now. It's their time for now, eventually it'll be ours again.
My problem is, I might be on the wrong side of the grass when that finally happens.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 03:14 PM
They have til next off-season. With all of the picks, etc. they had better make a big splash.

If they cheap out than I'm finished with the Bills. No reason to waste my time on a team that is more interested in keeping the owner wealthy than winning for the fans.

Just remeber tha Ralph is in the top ten for money he pockets every season so the small market crap is pure BS.

The last buffalo fan
10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm very sorry for you guys, but no matter what happens, I'll always be a buffalo bills fan for life.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm very sorry for you guys, but no matter what happens, I'll always be a buffalo bills fan for life.

I'll be buried wearing Blue.

Historian
10-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I tire of the endless rebuilding, mainly because Ralph is too cheap to pay for top flight Coaching and Management talent.

Most of you young folks grew up with the Bills as a perrennial powerhouse.

That era, while wonderful, was the exception to the rule.

I first started watching the Bills in 1967, just as they began their decline from the AFL Championship years.

Rebuilding: 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, These years had some great players pass through here, but were hell to watch.

When we got the new stadium in 73, OJ started to dominate the league, yet we could only make the playoffs one year...1974. Think about that. In 73 OJ ran for 2003 yards, yet we still missed the playoffs, mainly because we could never get past Miami.

In 76, OJ had 1500 yards, and we still only won 2 games!

Rebuilding: 75, 76, 77, 78, 79. Finally a good team in 80, that gets knocked out of the playoffs on a fluke play, by a guy who hadnt caught a ball all year. In 81 we made the playoffs again, but blew it in the strike year of 1982. Knox quit due to Ralph's meddling, and failure to pay the players he wanted to build a team with.

Rebuilding: 83, 84, 85, 86. The USFL had all of our skill players, and Ralph didnt give a crap....period.

Finally we have some sustained success, from 87-2000, unfortunately, during that time, we fire a potential HOF GM, fire the only coach to never have a losing season here.

Rebuilding: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 ...

I can handle not winning all the time. I really can. What I can't handle is this stat:

335-370-8

The franchise all-time W/L record isn't even .500

That's the most telling statistic of all, IMO.

The saddest part is...I really don't even care anymore.

MikeInRoch
10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I literally had heart palpitations late during the game Monday night. There is a part of me that fears that continuing to watch this team will, quite literally, be the death of me.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 03:55 PM
I literally had heart palpitations late during the game Monday night. There is a part of me that fears that continuing to watch this team will, quite literally, be the death of me.

Of us all Mike, of us all.:candle:

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I tire of the endless rebuilding, mainly because Ralph is too cheap to pay for top flight Coaching and Management talent.

I first started watching the Bills in 1967, just as they began their decline from the AFL Championship years.

Rebuilding: 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, These years had some great players pass through here, but were hell to watch.

When we got the new stadium in 73, OJ started to dominate the league, yet we could only make the playoffs one year...1974. Think about that. In 73 OJ ran for 2003 yards, yet we still missed the playoffs, mainly because we could never get past Miami.

Rebuilding: 75, 76, 77, 78, 79. Finally a good team in 80, that gets knocked out of the playoffs on a fluke play, by a guy who hadnt caught a ball all year. In 81 we made the playoffs again, but blew it in the strike year of 1982. Knox quit due to Ralph's meddling, and failure to pay the players he wanted to build a team with.

Rebuilding: 83, 84, 85, 86. The USFL had all of our skill players, and Ralph didnt give a crap....period.

Finally we have some sustained success, from 87-2000, unfortunately, during that time, we fire a potential HOF GM, fire the only coach to never have a losing season here.

I can handle not winning all the time. I really can. What I can't handle is this stat:

335-370-8

Wow, all to powerful. It one of the reasons I blame RW on my other post for this mess as well. It all seems to stem from his ability to F-up a good thing when he has it. He gets cocky and the fans get F-with a bad product for ~8 years. Then we get better only to be F-ed again because he trying to think.

Spend every dollar you have to get a SB winner in here before you die. You cannot take it with you and your family will survive on the $100's of millions you have left. They will not suffer, nor parish. I know many people who have made due with alot less.

imbondz
10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
something snapped deep in me the other night. hopefully it was caused by all the food I was eating out of nervousness.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 04:01 PM
something snapped deep in me the other night. hopefully it was caused by all the food I was eating out of nervousness.

I hope so.

Historian
10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow, all to powerful.

...and I didn't even mention the fact that we blew the Super Bowl the one year we were the best team in football.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
...and I didn't even mention the fact that we blew the Super Bowl the one year we were the best team in football.

I hate to say it but we got outcoached. You can thank the pregame-evening events for keeping the players out of sorts as well but we still should of won that game.

Norwood maybe the last word I say, kind of like rosebud during the happiest times of citizen kane on his deathbed.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh, I'll always be a Bills' fan, but maybe not one that spends $5,000 per year on tickets, a bunch on hotels, meals and Bills' merchandise, and puts 12,000-15,000 miles on his vehicles getting to the Ralph.

The product on the field no longer seems to be worth the cost - particularly the emotional cost when you want your team to succeed, but they continually tear your heart out.

DirecTV just seems like a better deal at this point.

jmb1099
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll tell you what did me in. Before the game started I told my wife we were going to get crushed and that's exactly what I believed going into the game. When we ran the first pick back I told myself not to get overly excited because everyone gets lucky once in a while. But then they intercepted another one. And the defense was stingy on the run, and Kelsay did his thing, and I slowly began to wonder, after all, anything is possible. Still i wasn't convinced, until Mcgee took it to the house. That did it, it was obviously either destiny, or cosmic irony that was going to let us win this game, it appeared we just couldn't lose. Then dallas began to march, but Romo fumbled, I billeved, I was sold, I was sucked in and I drank in the biggest breath of enthusiasm I have in a long time. And when Digiorgio intercepted that pass at the goal line I lost it. All logic was gone, all rational thought left my body. And that my friends is what made this loss so hard is that I was tricked into believing we were going to win and then to watch that belief crash and burn the way it did...I haven't felt that way in a long time...
I've had a few days to think about it and I remember when I did feel this way in years past. It was when Kelly was QB and we were playing the Browns. We had almost no time left on the clock and Kelly had led us to the Cleveland red zone. I don't remember all the details but I do remember the dropped pass in the endzone to end the game. That was the last time I was this deflated.
If I take any consolation in anything this past Monday, its that a group of no name defenders held the NFC's most potent offense in check for just about the entire game. I take some consolation in the fact that a rookie qb with just two starts under his belt was one pass away from doing what all the experts said was impossible. I saw mistakes that are correctable and a team that played with real passion for the first time in I don't know when. I hate the way we lost, I hate the way I feel, mostly because I'm obviously not ready to give up yet, and that might be even more maddening to me than running a reverse on 3rd and 1.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
I'll tell you what did me in. Before the game started I told my wife we were going to get crushed and that's exactly what I believed going into the game. When we ran the first pick back I told myself not to get overly excited because everyone gets lucky once in a while. But then they intercepted another one. And the defense was stingy on the run, and Kelsay did his thing, and I slowly began to wonder, after all, anything is possible. Still i wasn't convinced, until Mcgee took it to the house. That did it, it was obviously either destiny, or cosmic irony that was going to let us win this game, it appeared we just couldn't lose. Then dallas began to march, but Romo fumbled, I billeved, I was sold, I was sucked in and I drank in the biggest breath of enthusiasm I have in a long time. And when Digiorgio intercepted that pass at the goal line I lost it. All logic was gone, all rational thought left my body. And that my friends is what made this loss so hard is that I was tricked into believing we were going to win and then to watch that belief crash and burn the way it did...I haven't felt that way in a long time...
I've had a few days to think about it and I remember when I did feel this way in years past. It was when Kelly was QB and we were playing the Browns. We had almost no time left on the clock and Kelly had led us to the Cleveland red zone. I don't remember all the details but I do remember the dropped pass in the endzone to end the game. That was the last time I was this deflated.
If I take any consolation in anything this past Monday, its that a group of no name defenders held the NFC's most potent offense in check for just about the entire game. I take some consolation in the fact that a rookie qb with just two starts under his belt was one pass away from doing what all the experts said was impossible. I saw mistakes that are correctable and a team that played with real passion for the first time in I don't know when. I hate the way we lost, I hate the way I feel, mostly because I'm obviously not ready to give up yet, and that might be even more maddening to me than running a reverse on 3rd and 1.

That son of a *****, Ronnie Harmon!!!!!!

jmb1099
10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
i couldn't even type his name.

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Anybody else remember that POS blaming Kelly for the drop?

mybills
10-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Can I buy your season tix?

I'm sure Bills fans aren't the only fans that looked like this -> :jawdrop: while watching that game. Most of them now know our team doesn't suck, but that our coaches do. It's one thing to be bashed on scrub players, or superstar players that find a way to lose a S.B., but that game was 99% amazing because of our team, and nobody can bash our players for it. I'm even willing to bet that fans of Denver, Pitts and NE were all thinking they were lucky to play us before then.
I'm sure fans all over the place might pity us for having to put up with the garbage we've been told are coaches. The bright side is that these players are gelling quick...bad coaching or not, they've got what it takes, which none of us expected after all of the injuries. The coaching has been exposed on National television, and they can't get away with doing this again. There will be changes made, and that, plus our tough players will make the rest of this year a pleasure to watch.

Optimist out!

imbondz
10-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Can I buy your season tix?

way to kick a man while he's down Mybills

The last buffalo fan
10-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh, I'll always be a Bills' fan, but maybe not one that spends $5,000 per year on tickets, a bunch on hotels, meals and Bills' merchandise, and puts 12,000-15,000 miles on his vehicles getting to the Ralph.

The product on the field no longer seems to be worth the cost - particularly the emotional cost when you want your team to succeed, but they continually tear your heart out.

DirecTV just seems like a better deal at this point.

:hi5: Welcome to the club!!!!

YardRat
10-10-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm a certified homer and a card carrying optimist, but the Denver disgrace and the Dallas debacle have worn me down. Especially after 47+ years of witnessing similar gut wrenching defeats, including seven straight - and soon to be eight - seasons with no playoffs.

Here's to 47 more.....:beers:

Typ0
10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Don't do it Jan. Ralph Wilson is the problem and he's not going to be around much longer. Keep those good seats and wait and see what happens.

gr8slayer
10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I can't disagree with you Jan.

I'm awfully tired of watching these stiffs coach the team, with little or no hope of ever even making the playoffs.

Switch out "coach" with "owner" and I agree 100%

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 08:32 PM

I agree. You should stop going and just send me the check for $5,000 and I'll go through all the pain for you.I'll take one for the team. BTW, money order accepted or paypal :D

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I hear you Jan....this one really reminded me of how dangerous it is to "Billieve". As you know I'm pretty cynical when it comes to the potential of the Bills since Wade left so normally the losses don't hurt as much. But Monday's game slipped through a crack in my armor and had me billieving.

And then, as always, they crushed my spirit and sent me to bed miserable.

I'm going to remind myself again and again that this team will NEVER be good as long as Ralph doesn't hire a proper FO. (that includes Marv - love him - but to hire Dick showed he's not the guy)

churchinski
10-10-2007, 10:48 PM

I've got this year and two more to go on my club seat contract, and if we're shut out of the postseason for the duration - making it ten straight playoffless seasons - I just might dump my tickets.

I never thought I would do that, but the cumulative effect of the losing and the accompanying frustration are making the drive too long, the celebrations too infrequent, and the rewards of being a serious season ticket holder too small.

hah

I have a two letter answer for that ......TV

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 10:49 PM
hah

I have a two letter answer for that ......TV

DTV if your out of town.

churchinski
10-10-2007, 11:04 PM
DTV if your out of town.

I'd rather spend that money on some good pizza and beers , let the rest of the people pay for tickets and watch the game in the snow and the rain.

Michael82
10-11-2007, 01:00 AM
I know that being a homer, I feel the same way myself. I'm so sick of the depressing Mondays where I just want to sleep the day away. I hate the awful walk to the car after yet another big game that the team blew at the last minute. I'm sick of all of it. I'm also sick of getting all pumped up every Friday or Saturday, only to be let down by the end of Sunday. It's getting harder than ever to be a bills fan lately. But maybe, just maybe if we stick thru...things will get better. That's all I can hope, because for now I can not imagine life without the Buffalo Bills in them. :ill: :(

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 01:29 AM

i would take a Time Out and think about this.i understand your frustration but you'll regret doing it.there are other options you have to keeping your tickets.my suggestion would be to pick out the games you want to go to and sell the other game tickets.when we make the playoffs again,you'll be sitting there at The Ralph like nothing happened. :up:

churchinski
10-11-2007, 04:45 AM
I know that being a homer, I feel the same way myself. I'm so sick of the depressing Mondays where I just want to sleep the day away. I hate the awful walk to the car after yet another big game that the team blew at the last minute. I'm sick of all of it. I'm also sick of getting all pumped up every Friday or Saturday, only to be let down by the end of Sunday. It's getting harder than ever to be a bills fan lately. But maybe, just maybe if we stick thru...things will get better. That's all I can hope, because for now I can not imagine life without the Buffalo Bills in them. :ill: :(
well that's over the top when you cannot imagine life without the Buffalo Bills

Historian
10-11-2007, 05:00 AM
Switch out "coach" with "owner" and I agree 100%

That too.

I've seen Wilson lie, threaten, and get rich off the people in this town.

He'll put an inferior product on the field, and then whine about how nobody shows up.

Thats what sickens me the most.

Typ0
10-11-2007, 05:07 AM

if you would adjust your optimism a little bit to the product they are putting on the field you just might find it a little less gut-wrenching. You're setting yourself up for getting your heart ripped out and that's exactly what's happening. It's funny that you have groaned at me a lot for being a little more realistic...and I'm sitting here pretty happy with the team right now. I'm very happy with defensive play I didn't think I was going to see. I'm happy to see a rookie QB on this team who shows real promise and an oline that can pass block so he's not getting killed by default.

I'm happy to feel the roster is improving. As I've said a hundred times, our schedule is brutal this year and that means a great deal more many seem to believe in the NFL. I'm happy to say if we had more of a cupcake schedule we might even be well on our way to learning how to win games as a squad.

Typ0
10-11-2007, 05:14 AM
That too.

I've seen Wilson lie, threaten, and get rich off the people in this town.

He'll put an inferior product on the field, and then whine about how nobody shows up.

Thats what sickens me the most.

he's an ignorant, incompetent, selfish *****...and we as fans should stand up and make a huge stink about it before he kicks the bucket so he can die with that on his mind instead of thinking about how he's preserved his legacy with the NFL. I have no problem with someone who is smart, protects themselves and achieves personal gains but in todays america you gain through social pragmatism and allowing the people with a stake in the business input. He's old school and thinks the idea is to screw everyone possible to get the most for yourself while making all your decisions in a box. He's been screwing WNY for years. He's incompetent and unwilling to negotiate a way to step down and truly preserve the future of the team in WNY. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a saint with some crazy unforseen stipulation in his will or directive to his family...but I really don't think that's going to be the case.

mybills
10-11-2007, 06:39 AM
way to kick a man while he's down Mybills
oops, forgot to put /sarcasm :snicker:

billsburgh
10-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Seriously though when the team looks like dog$#!t in preseason, please refrain from dismissing it as "only preseason." That's my main issue with the homers.
that's the way it's going to be with me from now on. I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

billsburgh
10-11-2007, 07:44 AM

335-370-8

WOW. That really puts everything in perspective. My first real memories of watching Bills football were the back to back 2-14 seasons and then the steady improvement in the late 80's. So I guess I got a little spoiled and expected nothing less than a team who was in the playoff hunt every year. I dont know if this is good or bad, but the losses hardly bother me at all like they used to. It's what I've come to expect in the last few years. It used to be a bills loss would bother me most of the week until the next game was here, but now I"ll be upset afterwards but the next morning I hardly think about it.

Tatonka
10-11-2007, 08:15 AM

:stfu:

your post is a ****ing douchebag.