PDA

View Full Version : Just met Jim Kelly!

FlyingDutchman
10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
I just had a chance to meet my boy-hood idol Jim Kelly. I work for a company called CGI Communications in Rochester and we are working with Jim on a project. I cant give away a ton of info, but we are working a realty television show involving athletes from all sports. It involves athletes both currently playing and who are retired. He has worked with my company before, but I just started working here about 3 months ago, so I dont know what has been done in the past. He was pressed for time, and I didnt want to act like some teenie bopper obsessed fan so I just shook his hand and said "hello Mr Kelly , its a pleasure," and went on my way. I believe this show will take off, and be successful. You heard it here first. Sorry theres no amazing point to this story, just thought it was cool and thought I would share.

Gunzlingr
10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Congrats. My buddy works security at Sturgis, and he got to meet Jimbo this year.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
cool. You should've told him Riech would've gotten us a sb :snicker:

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Are you going to wash that hand?

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I met him at Jim Kelly football camp in Rochester back in like 95 or 96. He was definitely arrogant, but he also took the time to meet with the fans and participate in the camp. He played touch football with us at the end of the day- I got in an argument with him cuz I thought I sacked him before he threw the ball and he said he got the pass off (needless to say, I lost that argument).

Overall I'd say he was a good guy.

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 01:16 PM
I got in an argument with him I believe you :D

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2007, 01:16 PM
I got in an argument with him..

:rofl:

Why am I not surprised?

imbondz
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I met him at Jim Kelly football camp in Rochester back in like 95 or 96. He was definitely arrogant, but he also took the time to meet with the fans and participate in the camp. He played touch football with us at the end of the day- I got in an argument with him cuz I thought I sacked him before he threw the ball and he said he got the pass off (needless to say, I lost that argument).

Overall I'd say he was a good guy.

are you kidding me. luckyyyyyyyyyy!!

BlackMetalNinja
10-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I just had a chance to meet my boy-hood idol Jim Kelly. I work for a company called CGI Communications in Rochester and we are working with Jim on a project. I cant give away a ton of info, but we are working a realty television show involving athletes from all sports. It involves athletes both currently playing and who are retired. He has worked with my company before, but I just started working here about 3 months ago, so I dont know what has been done in the past. He was pressed for time, and I didnt want to act like some teenie bopper obsessed fan so I just shook his hand and said "hello Mr Kelly , its a pleasure," and went on my way. I believe this show will take off, and be successful. You heard it here first. Sorry theres no amazing point to this story, just thought it was cool and thought I would share.

You work with Freeman???

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Op should officially name people he not gotten into an argument with.

DynaPaul
10-10-2007, 02:25 PM
cool. You should've told him Riech would've gotten us a sb :snicker:

Frank Reich was just here in the Albany area this past weekend giving a sermon at a church. I woulda gone but I'm not the religious type.

trapezeus
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Frank Reich was just here in the Albany area this past weekend giving a sermon at a church. I woulda gone but I'm not the religious type.

your screen name would suggest as much. :-)

shelby
10-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Sweet!

FlyingDutchman
10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
You work with Freeman???

no but i remember him posting something similar. i think what freemans company was doing had something to do with Hunters Hope. Jimmy as a couple business ventures and we're one of them. ill try to fill you guys in as much as im allowed to as this project goes forward.

BlackMetalNinja
10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
no but i remember him posting something similar. i think what freemans company was doing had something to do with Hunters Hope. Jimmy as a couple business ventures and we're one of them. ill try to fill you guys in as much as im allowed to as this project goes forward.

He texted me today that Jim Kelly was at his work place... And I'm almost positive it's CGI Communications that he works for....

The last buffalo fan
10-10-2007, 03:38 PM
:bf1: , congrats!!!

justasportsfan
10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I met Jim Kelly once.

FlyingDutchman
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
He texted me today that Jim Kelly was at his work place... And I'm almost positive it's CGI Communications that he works for....

really?? for some reason i thought freeman was from long island? text him back, and ask! that would be pretty cool if he did!

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I've met him several times and have about 30 autographed Balls, pictures, etc.

First time I met him was 1989 and I couldn't believe how big he was for QB.

BlackMetalNinja
10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
really?? for some reason i thought freeman was from long island? text him back, and ask! that would be pretty cool if he did!

He used to live on Long Island, he works in Rochester now though, travels all over shooting promotional videos for different towns around the country. I'm almost positive that CGI is also the name of his company. Surely you've seen his flaming red hair around!

bledslow
10-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Jim Kelly? Big deal,if it was Tom Brady,then i'd say WOW. Jim is a super bowl BUM who didn't come through in the big one.