PDA

View Full Version : Why?

northernbillfan
10-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I'd like to know why everyone is so depressed around here.

We knew the Bills would be 1-4 at this point with the schedule they faced.

Is it the way they got to 1-4 that's depressing everyone? They didn't deserve to win the Broncos game, Pitt was another no show, they were destroyed by the mighty machine known as the Patriots and they failed to score enough offensive points on Monday night to hold off the powerful Cowgirls.

The only game they won was an easy day against the pathetic Jests.

We knew this as the season started. It is going to be a tough year. At least the games (save for the Patsies and Steelers) have been entertaining. We even see a glimmer of hope of what's to come in the future.

It's going to be a long season, let's not get too down on the team and each other and enjoy this year for what it's worth.

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
They are ranked #31 in O AND D.

They are an NFL team, not a practice squad. The excuse that they have a "tough schedule" is a losers mentality.

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Aren't we 1-4?

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Monday night was the most depressing game I have ever been too.

You don't lose games when you win the TO battle 6-1 and have a KO return for a touchdown and are leading by 8 with 25 seconds left in the game.

It was a punch in the stomach or kick to the nuts like I have never felt before.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM

We knew the Bills would be 1-5 at this point with the schedule they faced.

Is it the way they got to 1-5 that's depressing everyone? They didn't deserve to win the Broncos game, Pitt was another no show, they were destroyed by the mighty machine known as the Patriots and they failed to score enough offensive points on Monday night to hold off the powerful Cowgirls.

We knew this as the season started. It is going to be a tough year. At least the games (save for the Patsies and Steelers) have been entertaining. We even see a glimmer of hope of what's to come in the future.

It's going to be a long season, let's not get too down on the team and each other and enjoy this year for what it's worth.

I know you like to look ahead and we all appreciate it but we are 1-4.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Aren't we 1-4?

He's already counting the Ravens game as a loss.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 02:08 PM
We led 2 games for 59 minutes and 59 seconds, and lost them both. If that's not depressing, my name is Sigmund Freud.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 02:08 PM

You don't lose games when you win the TO battle 6-1 and have a KO return for a touchdown and are leading by 9 with 25 seconds left in the game.

It was a punch in the stomach or kick to the nuts like I have never felt before.

We lead by 8 and they scored 9, did they put something in the water up there or something?

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
We lead by 8 and they scored 9, did they put something in the water up there or something?

No, I just drink all of the time now.

camelcowboy
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM
because they can beat the ravens at home, then we go to the jets,dolphins, and play the bengals seasons not over. Winning against dallas would have been huge.

northernbillfan
10-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Aren't we 1-4?My bad. And no I wasn't looking ahead to the Baltimore game. I think they can win that one now, especially the way the Ravens have been playing.

More so due to the fact that I will be at that game and as a fan I am 0-2 for games I've attended at the Ralph. Loss to teh patsies in 87 and a loss to the Colts in '01.

DynaPaul
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm sick and tired of seeing "glimmers of hope" and "what could be". I wanna see actual results and wins. I'm not one to get high off of a "moral victory", I wanna see an ACTUAL victory. Enough of this trying to pick diamonds out of a pile of manure. As a Bills fan I'm not really happy right now.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM

I am totally with you there, it's the only way to stay sane if your a Bills fan. The irony in it all is we used to get drunk and tailgate for fun. Now we need to stay drunk just to even bare to realize that hope is fading yet again for us.

Sad times man, sad times.

shelby
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
i'm not depressed :nbf:!
My expectations are realistic, and i am able to detach myself emotionally if we lose.
i really enjoyed Monday night's game. Yes, we lost in the waning seconds, but the entire game was exciting, and i saw the Bills make some very good plays.
:gobills:

Jan Reimers
10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I know what you mean. With all of these gut-wrenching losses, they've had to put a second shift on at the Ketel 1 distillery, which is good for the Dutch economy, but bad for my liver.

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2007, 03:10 PM

You don't lose games when you win the TO battle 6-1 and have a KO return for a touchdown and are leading by 9 with 25 seconds left in the game.

Agreed. I still feel sad about this game.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 03:10 PM

We knew the Bills would be 1-4 at this point with the schedule they faced.

Is it the way they got to 1-4 that's depressing everyone? They didn't deserve to win the Broncos game, Pitt was another no show, they were destroyed by the mighty machine known as the Patriots and they failed to score enough offensive points on Monday night to hold off the powerful Cowgirls.

We dominated Dallas on D and ST but still found a way to lose. We lost two games that we lead for 59 minutes and 58 seconds. The O, which was supposed to be good, is horrendous. Our coaches are morons and that's something that can't be fixed without upsetting team chemistry, even if it's done in the off season.

Seriously- we were seconds away for the biggest Bills victory in maybe 10 years and we blew it. This team ALWAYS loses big games- they were finally about to win one, on national TV no less, and blew it at the last second.

That game was a microcosm for the last decade. For everything that goes right, 10 things go wrong. Man, that comeback game was great, but it seemed to have used up two decades of luck in one afternoon.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm sick and tired of seeing "glimmers of hope" and "what could be". I wanna see actual results and wins. I'm not one to get high off of a "moral victory", I wanna see an ACTUAL victory. Enough of this trying to pick diamonds out of a pile of manure. As a Bills fan I'm not really happy right now.

Now that is my type of fan!

:posrep:

Philagape
10-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Like I said in another thread, the worst losses are the wins that get away, and this was the worst of the worst. Pregame expectations don't factor for me.

northernbillfan
10-11-2007, 12:16 AM
I know it's sad, but we have something to look forward to. The team needs to make the right adjustments . The D was not expected to preform as well as it has especially in light of the injuries.

I still BILL-IEVE!

DraftBoy
10-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Im ready to rebuild again to be honest, blow this cluster**** up and start anew.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Im ready to rebuild again to be honest, blow this cluster**** up and start anew.

After 7 years of no playoffs, bs coaching, limited talent on the field...isn't it sad to come to the realization that what we have now isn't going to cut it either?

We need in no particular order, these are all new/replacements we need....

HC
OC
DC
QB
OG
C
WR or three
DT
LB or two
CB or two

Honestly I could see us win with a real HC, OC, DC and QB though. To be a championship caliber team we're gonna need most if not all of those components.

Hooray for 3-5 more years of growing pains, maybe we'll get it right this time.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 01:49 AM

i'm not depressed.

Throne Logic
10-11-2007, 01:51 AM
I enter each game these days with a substantial emotional shield in place. I'm quiet and stoic and may even outwardly appear detached. I have learned to protect myself from the pain.

This team is consistently adept at only one thing. Finding new and devious ways of cracking that well crafted emotional shield, wedging through that crack with the fickle fingers of hope, and then beating me into an emotional coma that lasts for days.

This team is my drug. I can't shake the habbit no matter how bad it may be for my health and well-being. I know I should stop watching - that I will be emotionally more stable for making that stand. But I won't. I just can't bring myself to miss a game. I know it will happen again. They'll do something to bring the spark of hope to this eternal darkness and I'll sit up in my chair again. I know they'll only rip my heart out in the end, too. But I just keep coming back and coming back again. Masacistic, really. Such is the way it is for this bedraggled Bills fan.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 01:52 AM

we have many new pieces that we could start with too. :up:

northernbillfan
10-11-2007, 01:59 AM
I enter each game these days with a substantial emotional shield in place. I'm quiet and stoic and may even outwardly appear detached. I have learned to protect myself from the pain.

This team is consistently adept at only one thing. Finding new and devious ways of cracking that well crafted emotional shield, wedging through that crack with the fickle fingers of hope, and then beating me into an emotional coma that lasts for days.

This team is my drug. I can't shake the habbit no matter how bad it may be for my health and well-being. I know I should stop watching - that I will be emotionally more stable for making that stand. But I won't. I just can't bring myself to miss a game. I know it will happen again. They'll do something to bring the spark of hope to this eternal darkness and I'll sit up in my chair again. I know they'll only rip my heart out in the end, too. But I just keep coming back and coming back again. Masacistic, really. Such is the way it is for this bedraggled Bills fan.Best post in this thread...:up:

northernbillfan
10-11-2007, 02:00 AM
i'm not depressed.:hi5:

Throne Logic
10-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Best post in this thread...:up:

I guess it's like golf, too. You suck all day long, but then hit that one single perfect stroke that just makes you yearn to do it again. Then you spend the next 45 rounds, burning through money and emotion trying to achieve that perfection just once more.

Clump reminded me of the Comeback game in another thread. Being in that stadium and experiencing that game with energy of 70,000 united strangers was the single most intensely emotional positive moment in my life to-date. That game was the perfect stroke that keeps me hanging on. It keeps me going through wide-rights, miracle throwbacks, dropped passes in the end zone, and last second field goals. Just to catch a glimpse of what I felt on that January afternoon.