• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Why?

I'd like to know why everyone is so depressed around here.

We knew the Bills would be 1-4 at this point with the schedule they faced.

Is it the way they got to 1-4 that's depressing everyone? They didn't deserve to win the Broncos game, Pitt was another no show, they were destroyed by the mighty machine known as the Patriots and they failed to score enough offensive points on Monday night to hold off the powerful Cowgirls.

The only game they won was an easy day against the pathetic Jests.

We knew this as the season started. It is going to be a tough year. At least the games (save for the Patsies and Steelers) have been entertaining. We even see a glimmer of hope of what's to come in the future.

It's going to be a long season, let's not get too down on the team and each other and enjoy this year for what it's worth.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why?

They are ranked #31 in O AND D.

They are an NFL team, not a practice squad. The excuse that they have a "tough schedule" is a losers mentality.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Aren't we 1-4?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Monday night was the most depressing game I have ever been too.

You don't lose games when you win the TO battle 6-1 and have a KO return for a touchdown and are leading by 8 with 25 seconds left in the game.

It was a punch in the stomach or kick to the nuts like I have never felt before.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by northernbillfan
          I'd like to know why everyone is so depressed around here.

We knew the Bills would be 1-5 at this point with the schedule they faced.

Is it the way they got to 1-5 that's depressing everyone? They didn't deserve to win the Broncos game, Pitt was another no show, they were destroyed by the mighty machine known as the Patriots and they failed to score enough offensive points on Monday night to hold off the powerful Cowgirls.

The only game they won was an easy day against the pathetic Jests.

We knew this as the season started. It is going to be a tough year. At least the games (save for the Patsies and Steelers) have been entertaining. We even see a glimmer of hope of what's to come in the future.

It's going to be a long season, let's not get too down on the team and each other and enjoy this year for what it's worth.
          I know you like to look ahead and we all appreciate it but we are 1-4.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Aren't we 1-4?

He's already counting the Ravens game as a loss.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

We led 2 games for 59 minutes and 59 seconds, and lost them both. If that's not depressing, my name is Sigmund Freud.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                Monday night was the most depressing game I have ever been too.

You don't lose games when you win the TO battle 6-1 and have a KO return for a touchdown and are leading by 9 with 25 seconds left in the game.

It was a punch in the stomach or kick to the nuts like I have never felt before.
                We lead by 8 and they scored 9, did they put something in the water up there or something?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                  We lead by 8 and they scored 9, did they put something in the water up there or something?
                  No, I just drink all of the time now.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

because they can beat the ravens at home, then we go to the jets,dolphins, and play the bengals seasons not over. Winning against dallas would have been huge.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Aren't we 1-4?
                      My bad. And no I wasn't looking ahead to the Baltimore game. I think they can win that one now, especially the way the Ravens have been playing.

More so due to the fact that I will be at that game and as a fan I am 0-2 for games I've attended at the Ralph. Loss to teh patsies in 87 and a loss to the Colts in '01.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

I'm sick and tired of seeing "glimmers of hope" and "what could be". I wanna see actual results and wins. I'm not one to get high off of a "moral victory", I wanna see an ACTUAL victory. Enough of this trying to pick diamonds out of a pile of manure. As a Bills fan I'm not really happy right now.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

I am totally with you there, it's the only way to stay sane if your a Bills fan. The irony in it all is we used to get drunk and tailgate for fun. Now we need to stay drunk just to even bare to realize that hope is fading yet again for us.

Sad times man, sad times.

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla admin
                            • Jul 2002

i'm not depressed !
                            My expectations are realistic, and i am able to detach myself emotionally if we lose.
                            i really enjoyed Monday night's game. Yes, we lost in the waning seconds, but the entire game was exciting, and i saw the Bills make some very good plays.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

I know what you mean. With all of these gut-wrenching losses, they've had to put a second shift on at the Ketel 1 distillery, which is good for the Dutch economy, but bad for my liver.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X