PDA

View Full Version : Be the 74,659th In Line!

Gunzlingr
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Let's say you went to Starbucks, ordered your double espresso mocha half-soy grande and didn't get it for 37 years. Might you be a tad... bitter? So tell me, why are the 47 people who got their Green Bay Packers season tickets this year so freaking happy? Some of them have been waiting since 1970! My God, that was the year the Beatles broke up.
"I remember I was a high school freshman," says Paul Yaeger, an Air Force fireman who got back from Baghdad a year ago. "Me and my buddies went to a game and had the best time. And we made a pact that day that we'd all put our names on the waiting list. We figured we'd have them by our senior year."
Maybe they meant senior years . Yaeger finally got his four tickets this spring, 33 seasons later. Tickled, he called up his old buddies to compare seats. On the other end, he heard only sheepish grunts. Uh, we never signed up, they admitted. Now the Pack is 4-1. Sucks to be you!
"I put my name on when I was 18," says Gary Larson, a custodian in New Franken, Wis. "I never dreamed it would be 37 years."

More... (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/rick_reilly/10/09/reilly1015/index.html)

LtFinFan66
10-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Dedication

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Them are true fans in Green Bay. Some say Buffalo has the greatest fans. Not even close. No matter what happens with the product on the field in GB the fans are always there and can't even get tickets if they want to.

Buffalo can be a good city when we are winning. When we are not then we have a lot of blackouts. Even last year when we were on a winning streak we couldn't sell the games out. Our glory comes from the SB years that carried over into the late 90's and early millenium. After that the well has run dry.

billsburgh
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
that's the way it is in pittsburgh. I think the waiting list for season tickets to the stleelers is at least 10 - 15 years. Most times, people pass them on in their will.