PDA

View Full Version : Edwards admits that he should have taken more shots downfield!!

HHURRICANE
10-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Listen to his comments on buffalobills.com. Sounds like he was less upset about the pick and more upset about the throws he didn't try down field. Says it comes with experience and practice. Very professional.

After listening to him go and listen to the "yoda-master" after his first practice and tell me who you want leading the team.

mchurchfie
10-10-2007, 05:58 PM
At leats he recognizes it and it sounds like he is willing correct it.:up:

Philagape
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM
But I thought he only had a dink-and-dunk arm :scratch:

mchurchfie
10-10-2007, 06:19 PM
A dink and dunk mindset, he has a good arm.:up:

Philagape
10-10-2007, 06:34 PM
What we have is dink-and-dunk receivers.

JD
10-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Edwards has an arm. He'll bomb it a few time vs Baltimore. I dont think it is right to take him out after marching the team down the field on the first drive vs NEW ENGLAND (of all teams), winning against the Jets and coming close to winning against undefeated Cowboys. It's just not right. JP had his time, now its Trent Time. The JP era is over, if he hasnt got "it" by now.. what the hell makes you lickers think he'll get "it" sometime soon??

Goobylal
10-10-2007, 06:46 PM
I want a non-rookie Trent competing with JP for the starter's job. This year though, he goes back to the bench. Getting 3 points depite 4 turnovers (that weren't returned for TD's), not to mention that horrible INT, was enough to say he's got potential, but he's not there yet.

And the offense wants JP back in there. But as I said, next year is a different story.

odin
10-10-2007, 09:39 PM
What we have is dink-and-dunk receivers.
... except for our best receiver?

Philagape
10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
... except for our best receiver?

There's only one of him, so take him out and we're dinked and dunked.

TrentEdwards2008
10-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Listen to his comments on buffalobills.com. Sounds like he was less upset about the pick and more upset about the throws he didn't try down field. Says it comes with experience and practice. Very professional.

After listening to him go and listen to the "yoda-master" after his first practice and tell me who you want leading the team.

Trent has a bigger arm that Losman....and i hope the coaching staff unleashes him the rest of the season so we can start blowing teams out!!!!

Oaf
10-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm fine with dinking and dunking to Reed, he's a player with that. But we need to get Evans downfield and Parrish into the intermediate zones.

churchinski
10-10-2007, 11:33 PM
I want a non-rookie Trent competing with JP for the starter's job. This year though, he goes back to the bench. Getting 3 points depite 4 turnovers (that weren't returned for TD's), not to mention that horrible INT, was enough to say he's got potential, but he's not there yet.

And the offense wants JP back in there. But as I said, next year is a different story.

I doubt that the offense as a whole wants Losman back in there over Edwards

Lee Evans doesn't speak for the whole offense.

But this doesn't suprise me at all, people fabricate BS like this all the time to manufacture support for their views.

Night Train
10-11-2007, 04:34 AM
I root for the laundry and could care less who's throwing the ball downfield to Evans. I don't care if it's Edwards, Losman or Nall.

Throw the freakin' ball downfield or get used to seeing 8,9 D players in the box every play.