Edwards admits that he should have taken more shots downfield!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Edwards admits that he should have taken more shots downfield!!

Listen to his comments on buffalobills.com. Sounds like he was less upset about the pick and more upset about the throws he didn't try down field. Says it comes with experience and practice. Very professional.

After listening to him go and listen to the "yoda-master" after his first practice and tell me who you want leading the team.
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Edwards admits that he should have taken more shots downfield!!

At leats he recognizes it and it sounds like he is willing correct it.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

But I thought he only had a dink-and-dunk arm
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

A dink and dunk mindset, he has a good arm.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

What we have is dink-and-dunk receivers.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Edwards has an arm. He'll bomb it a few time vs Baltimore. I dont think it is right to take him out after marching the team down the field on the first drive vs NEW ENGLAND (of all teams), winning against the Jets and coming close to winning against undefeated Cowboys. It's just not right. JP had his time, now its Trent Time. The JP era is over, if he hasnt got "it" by now.. what the hell makes you lickers think he'll get "it" sometime soon??
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

I want a non-rookie Trent competing with JP for the starter's job. This year though, he goes back to the bench. Getting 3 points depite 4 turnovers (that weren't returned for TD's), not to mention that horrible INT, was enough to say he's got potential, but he's not there yet.

And the offense wants JP back in there. But as I said, next year is a different story.

Comment

• odin
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                What we have is dink-and-dunk receivers.
                ... except for our best receiver?

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by odin
                  ... except for our best receiver?
                  There's only one of him, so take him out and we're dinked and dunked.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• TrentEdwards2008
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Listen to his comments on buffalobills.com. Sounds like he was less upset about the pick and more upset about the throws he didn't try down field. Says it comes with experience and practice. Very professional.

After listening to him go and listen to the "yoda-master" after his first practice and tell me who you want leading the team.
                    Trent has a bigger arm that Losman....and i hope the coaching staff unleashes him the rest of the season so we can start blowing teams out!!!!

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

I'm fine with dinking and dunking to Reed, he's a player with that. But we need to get Evans downfield and Parrish into the intermediate zones.

Comment

• churchinski
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        I want a non-rookie Trent competing with JP for the starter's job. This year though, he goes back to the bench. Getting 3 points depite 4 turnovers (that weren't returned for TD's), not to mention that horrible INT, was enough to say he's got potential, but he's not there yet.

And the offense wants JP back in there. But as I said, next year is a different story.
                        I doubt that the offense as a whole wants Losman back in there over Edwards

Lee Evans doesn't speak for the whole offense.

But this doesn't suprise me at all, people fabricate BS like this all the time to manufacture support for their views.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I root for the laundry and could care less who's throwing the ball downfield to Evans. I don't care if it's Edwards, Losman or Nall.

Throw the freakin' ball downfield or get used to seeing 8,9 D players in the box every play.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                          X