PDA

View Full Version : What should happen to Williams after that horse collar play

83evans
10-10-2007, 09:18 PM
There was a facemask penalty, a horse collar, and a late hit and all they called was the facemask for 5 yds(I think). How did they get away with 3 viscious penalties.

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
The clock guy is in the refs pocket as well.

gr8slayer
10-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Newman and Williams will get fined. Newman for the blatant helmet to helmet and Williams for the patented horse collar.

The last buffalo fan
10-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't believe, that this **** still happens here!! :down:

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 11:35 PM
The clock guy is in the refs pocket as well.

Go to the 4:06 mark and see when TO first touched this ball, it was with :13 seconds left. Did he have to hit the ground to lose the ball, so do you give him the clock time when when he first touched the ball or when he loses it after going down and struggling?? He had the ball, he hits the ground and loses control and then he struggles. That did not all happen in the same second he originally touched the ball. It was imcomplete after losing it to the ground, sad but true.

According to Mike Pereira it was also the toughest call the had since video was reintroduced. They had to make sure that the cowboys could get up to the line in time to even spike the ball in case it was complete instead. They actually said they didn't want to give the cowboys another play and he was right, they wanted to give them 2 more plays.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80326e7d

mybills
10-11-2007, 07:08 AM
There was a facemask penalty, a horse collar, and a late hit and all they called was the facemask for 5 yds(I think). How did they get away with 3 viscious penalties.
Wasn't the facemask on Lynch? I thought he got the 1st down, but they backed up the Bills. I'll have to watch it again. :idunno: Even if it was on Lynch, it was a stiff arm, not a facemask.

DraftBoy
10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Go to the 4:06 mark and see when TO first touched this ball, it was with :13 seconds left. Did he have to hit the ground to lose the ball, so do you give him the clock time when when he first touched the ball or when he loses it after going down and struggling?? He had the ball, he hits the ground and loses control and then he struggles. That did not all happen in the same second he originally touched the ball. It was imcomplete after losing it to the ground, sad but true.

TO never fully possessed that pass so the pass was incomplete from the beginning you should know the the ground can not cause an fumble or an incompletion. If that is the case then what you are saying is that the refs blew the call on the review and should of called it a catch with the ball forced out by the ground. Again I still dont see anything about the clock screwing us and you are still searching for excuses instead of blaming the team.