Edwards will start from now on, no more reasons for games....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Edwards will start from now on, no more reasons for games....

The NFL is a win now type league, waiting 4- 5 years for these kids to grow at a position is no longer a feasible idea. In this era of free agency, you get the initial 4-5 to train these kids on the cheap and the contract they got set up on lets them force you to either pay a ton or take their training elsewhere.

It makes no sense to wait these lengths of time for them to get "it". Look at these examples Brady, Big Ben, Palmer, Rivers, The Redskins Jason Campbell, we watch these guys perform nearly out of the gate. Brady stepped on the field and literally won NE a championship, do you think this was by accident? People walk around everyday possessing talents they never knew they had and it gets passed over. These guys are singled out because of their talents and are watched. They get trained by some of the best staff known and get taught how to learn, football.

These types used to come around once in a while but something is happening to the kids. They are getting smarter, faster. The college programs are getting so much better forced by a increasing pressure to perform and the TV revenue the schools earn are driving it even further home. It's a big business and they pay their kids with scholarships, a free education and a chance to be drafted. The schools know what's riding on the big bowl game, a fortune every year. They even pay NFL coach money type money now, it's an investment for enrollment and to make all the kids lifelong fans of the school and to be proud of where they came from. Then 50 years later, a few of those kids get old and drop a few more million in the schools bank. 10,000 students every year pass through, that = Millions in future donations, it will help keep the doors open for a long time. Ask the catholic church about training the young and making more kids.

I feel that Edwards has stepped out of the gate nearly in JP's shoes talent wise and with a much sharper mind. Do you really think the Bills incredible training staff made this kid a last split second releasing reading defenses schemes making quick adjustment genius? TE steps up a few feet to avoid pressure, not 20 yards. In the NFL there is no time to run 20 yards, 1 yard is just about enough time.

It's there mind that sets these types of people apart. The are scouted as pro's that are lacking the final touches on the talent. Bodies are molded with the mind into a final product and drafted. Talent is only as trainable as the mind that holds it, without the mind the body cannot follow. Plan on Trent never seeing the bench again, we have our future QB.
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 10-10-2007, 11:13 PM.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Edwards will start from now on, no more reasons for games....

Roethlisberger broke the curve outright, just to eliminate that rookie / 2nd year argument I see brewing.

Comment

• churchinski
      Senior Zoner
      • Sep 2007

I agree

I never bought into the BS that the QB position takes 4 or 5 years to learn .

Only an idiot is capable of believing BS like that.

This isn't rocket science it's football.

When a 4th year QB still hasn't 'gotten it' that should set off alarm bells.

As I say all you need to do is listen to some of the players that have had huge success playing QB in the NFL and you will quickly realise that you don't have a mountain to climb when it come to reading defenses and knowing where to throw and where not to throw the ball.

It's obvious that many of these former QBs aren't anywhere near swift enough to grasp anything complex.

So what should that tell you ?
      It should tell you that it's mutual back slapping and BS.

No intelligent adult needs 3 years of around the clock training to learn the game of football of all things.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
          Thank you.

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Skoobs, i have to disagree.

i think Jauron will start Losman after the bye week.

And yes, if i'm proven wrong, i'll publicly defer to churchinski's vastly superior knowledge.

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
              The NFL is a win now type league, waiting 4- 5 years for these kids to grow at a position is no longer a feasible idea. In this era of free agency, you get the initial 4-5 to train these kids on the cheap and the contract they got set up on lets them force you to either pay a ton or take their training elsewhere.

It makes no sense to wait these lengths of time for them to get "it". Look at these examples Brady, Big Ben, Palmer, Rivers, The Redskins Jason Campbell, we watch these guys perform nearly out of the gate. Brady stepped on the field and literally won NE a championship, do you think this was by accident? People walk around everyday possessing talents they never knew they had and it gets passed over. These guys are singled out because of their talents and are watched. They get trained by some of the best staff known and get taught how to learn, football.
              Losman had a great 2006 campaign, -and had 2 bad starts to the year. Edwards comes in, plays good against the Jets (whooppy!!!!), and he's now the unquestioned future of the Buffalo Bills? He's played 1 decent pro game, and then all of the sudden we forget what Losman did last year?

And while I'd probably jump on the bandwagon like the rest of you guys, we didnt draft a Big Ben, a Palmer, a Rivers, a Jason Campbell, an Eli Manning, a Vince Young, or another first round successful and provencollege quarterback to replace Losman. We got Trent Edwards.
              Sure it may not have been all Edwards' fault back in college, -but if he couldnt carry his team back then, -what makes you think he can carry the Bills?

Dont get me wrong... I have nothing against Edwards at all. But to anoint him after playing 1 good game is crazy.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kenny
                Losman had a great 2006 campaign, -and had 2 bad starts to the year. Edwards comes in, plays good against the Jets (whooppy!!!!), and he's now the unquestioned future of the Buffalo Bills? He's played 1 decent pro game, and then all of the sudden we forget what Losman did last year?

And while I'd probably jump on the bandwagon like the rest of you guys, we didnt draft a Big Ben, a Palmer, a Rivers, a Jason Campbell, an Eli Manning, a Vince Young, or another first round successful and provencollege quarterback to replace Losman. We got Trent Edwards.
                Sure it may not have been all Edwards' fault back in college, -but if he couldnt carry his team back then, -what makes you think he can carry the Bills?

Dont get me wrong... I have nothing against Edwards at all. But to anoint him after playing 1 good game is crazy.
                Trent's helped carry this horrible play calling so far and we should of won both games he was involved in as a starter.

Comment

• Kenny
                  • Aug 2004

Trent's helped carry this horrible play calling so far and we should of won both games he was involved in as a starter.
                  Carry the team?

While you're absolutely right we should have won that last game, -but Trent Edwards was part of the problem.
                  When the defense hands the ball back to you 6 times, and you only put 3 points on the board, and then turn the ball over at a critical point in the game, -you definately arent 'carrying' this team.

Of course the play calling was part of the problem, and yes Edwards is a rookie, so we expect things like this. But that does not hide the fact that he didnt help. And he certainly did not 'carry' the team last Monday.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                      Skoobs, i have to disagree.

i think Jauron will start Losman after the bye week.

And yes, if i'm proven wrong, i'll publicly defer to churchinski's vastly superior knowledge.
                      I agree. I think Losman starts.

Everyone has spent so much energy on a topic that I feel will work itself on it's own.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

yeah we should've won the Dallas game. Thanks to the D and ST we almost did. Thanks to the O we lost it. So give credit where credit is due. It wasn't because of Edwards that we almost beat Dallas. You're reaching as usual.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Buffatexas
                          • Aug 2002

If I am not mistaken Palmer and Rivers sat for a year (saw limited action) prior to starting

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Carry the team?

While you're absolutely right we should have won that last game, -but Trent Edwards was part of the problem.
                            When the defense hands the ball back to you 6 times, and you only put 3 points on the board, and then turn the ball over at a critical point in the game, -you definately arent 'carrying' this team.

Of course the play calling was part of the problem, and yes Edwards is a rookie, so we expect things like this. But that does not hide the fact that he didnt help. And he certainly did not 'carry' the team last Monday.

he didnt carry the team vs the jets either. im not hating on trent but for god sakes are people forgetting his TD pass was from 1 yard line on a 22 yard drive. that lynch gained every yard till the 4th and 1 it was a joke it had to be on 4th and 1

also in that jets game lynch broke a 13 yard run on a 3rd down and it was one damn tough run to score the first TD

the D has come to play and in spite of the offense has kept us in games

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

The qbs like T Einkmen and Steve Young and Jim Kelly for that mater would never have made it. Thay had less then stellar starts ...I think Troy einkmen was 2-12...so quit while you think you are ahead. With each post you really show how little you know. Did you ever see Seatles or TB playbook? It is like3 inches thick...with variable on each play. Takes time to read coverages and experience. We got the memo on edwards you think he is the next Tom Brady and will save us, You think JP isnt. What you dont understand is so much has to be in place to have a winning team....you you just look at the QB.Please talk about somthing else.

[quote=churchinski]I agree

I never bought into the BS that the QB position takes 4 or 5 years to learn .

Only an idiot is capable of believing BS like that.
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                              X