• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Bills mum whether Losman will reclaim starting job from rookie

Losman said his knee feels fine and he should be ready once the Bills (1-4) return from their bye week to host Baltimore on Oct. 21.

But the question is whether he'll be given an opportunity to reclaim the job after rookie Trent Edwards was effective in going 1-1 in two starts, providing a semblance of rhythm to a sputtering offence.

Coach Dick Jauron wants to see how Losman performs in practice. And it didn't matter to Jauron that receiver Lee Evans publicly backed Losman a day earlier.

"I read that," Jauron said. "That's Lee's opinion. He's got a right to his opinion."

On Wednesday, Evans reiterated his belief that Losman deserves a second chance.

"Yeah, it's more principle than anything. I'm not taking anything away from Trent," Evans said. "But J.P. has done a lot to earn his starting position. ... He deserves it. And I don't think it would be warranted to leave him on the bench for the whole season."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Bills mum whether Losman will reclaim starting job from rookie

It's JP's job. If he stinks it up like he has most of the season, then it's time to hand it over to Trent for the rest of the season.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Chris Brown's blog yesterday was talking about all of JP's advantages- that pretty much guarantees it's Losman's job.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Chris Brown's blog yesterday was talking about all of JP's advantages- that pretty much guarantees it's Losman's job.
        That does not mean much.

Poz started the opener despite the "Guarentee" that DiGrigorio would start.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Its to their advantage to make Baltimore have to prepare for both QBs.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

I think it is the best course of action to start JP and see if he can get back to playing how he did at the end of last year. If he does then you have 2 good QBs and that gives uptions if not you go back to the rookie and he continues.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

If I were Jauron, I'd go with the 2 QB system that Whisenhunt used before Leinart got hurt. It could hide a lot of JP's weaknesses.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                If I were Jauron, I'd go with the 2 QB system that Whisenhunt used before Leinart got hurt. It could hide a lot of JP's weaknesses.
                Best way to hide JP's weakness is by putting him on the bench. The fact the bills are being so incognito about the whole things makes me believe the job is going to trent. Wouldn't most coaches or teams nip this thing early by saying "hes our starter when he's healthy," its all mum at one bills drive

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I think the QB matters very little when there is virtually no run blocking, and the passing game consists of dinks and dunks.

Edwards seems a little better in our current short passing game, however.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I think the QB matters very little when there is virtually no run blocking, and the passing game consists of dinks and dunks.

Edwards seems a little better in our current short passing game, however.
                    Good point. We have dink-and-dunk receivers, so might as well go with the guy who's got the better short game.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Voltron
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                      Best way to hide JP's weakness is by putting him on the bench. The fact the bills are being so incognito about the whole things makes me believe the job is going to trent. Wouldn't most coaches or teams nip this thing early by saying "hes our starter when he's healthy," its all mum at one bills drive
                      I think that Churchie is right. The reason they are being so quiet is to mess with Baltimore and make them prepare for both.
                      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                        Its to their advantage to make Baltimore have to prepare for both QBs.
                        I think they're mum on the OC replacement, too. He prolly took over already.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Don't be surprised to see Losman behind center. I won't be.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

I think its going to be Losman. we're not going anywhere this year, so might as well make damn sure that Losman is not the guy, and give him a couple more games of what was billed as his "make or break" season.

If he can't show something in the next two or three weeks, I'm all for putting Edwards in, and then deciding over the offseason whether Trent is our guy going forward, or if we should use our high draft pick next year on a QB.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                              I think its going to be Losman. we're not going anywhere this year, so might as well make damn sure that Losman is not the guy, and give him a couple more games of what was billed as his "make or break" season.

If he can't show something in the next two or three weeks, I'm all for putting Edwards in, and then deciding over the offseason whether Trent is our guy going forward, or if we should use our high draft pick next year on a QB.
                              If Trent comes in, we move down in the draft. You cannot have it both ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X