PDA

View Full Version : Bills mum whether Losman will reclaim starting job from rookie

YardRat
10-11-2007, 06:06 AM
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hR-ZmpqX6oc-0HLWbVJ_WhN6urfg

Losman said his knee feels fine and he should be ready once the Bills (1-4) return from their bye week to host Baltimore on Oct. 21.

But the question is whether he'll be given an opportunity to reclaim the job after rookie Trent Edwards was effective in going 1-1 in two starts, providing a semblance of rhythm to a sputtering offence.

Coach Dick Jauron wants to see how Losman performs in practice. And it didn't matter to Jauron that receiver Lee Evans publicly backed Losman a day earlier.

"I read that," Jauron said. "That's Lee's opinion. He's got a right to his opinion."

On Wednesday, Evans reiterated his belief that Losman deserves a second chance.

"Yeah, it's more principle than anything. I'm not taking anything away from Trent," Evans said. "But J.P. has done a lot to earn his starting position. ... He deserves it. And I don't think it would be warranted to leave him on the bench for the whole season."

billsburgh
10-11-2007, 06:28 AM
It's JP's job. If he stinks it up like he has most of the season, then it's time to hand it over to Trent for the rest of the season.

OpIv37
10-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Chris Brown's blog yesterday was talking about all of JP's advantages- that pretty much guarantees it's Losman's job.

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Chris Brown's blog yesterday was talking about all of JP's advantages- that pretty much guarantees it's Losman's job.

That does not mean much.

Poz started the opener despite the "Guarentee" that DiGrigorio would start.

mchurchfie
10-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Its to their advantage to make Baltimore have to prepare for both QBs.

Mahdi
10-11-2007, 08:38 AM
I think it is the best course of action to start JP and see if he can get back to playing how he did at the end of last year. If he does then you have 2 good QBs and that gives uptions if not you go back to the rookie and he continues.

Forward_Lateral
10-11-2007, 08:52 AM
If I were Jauron, I'd go with the 2 QB system that Whisenhunt used before Leinart got hurt. It could hide a lot of JP's weaknesses.

camelcowboy
10-11-2007, 08:56 AM
If I were Jauron, I'd go with the 2 QB system that Whisenhunt used before Leinart got hurt. It could hide a lot of JP's weaknesses. Best way to hide JP's weakness is by putting him on the bench. The fact the bills are being so incognito about the whole things makes me believe the job is going to trent. Wouldn't most coaches or teams nip this thing early by saying "hes our starter when he's healthy," its all mum at one bills drive

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I think the QB matters very little when there is virtually no run blocking, and the passing game consists of dinks and dunks.

Edwards seems a little better in our current short passing game, however.

Philagape
10-11-2007, 09:21 AM
I think the QB matters very little when there is virtually no run blocking, and the passing game consists of dinks and dunks.

Edwards seems a little better in our current short passing game, however.

Good point. We have dink-and-dunk receivers, so might as well go with the guy who's got the better short game.

Voltron
10-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Best way to hide JP's weakness is by putting him on the bench. The fact the bills are being so incognito about the whole things makes me believe the job is going to trent. Wouldn't most coaches or teams nip this thing early by saying "hes our starter when he's healthy," its all mum at one bills drive I think that Churchie is right. The reason they are being so quiet is to mess with Baltimore and make them prepare for both.

mybills
10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Its to their advantage to make Baltimore have to prepare for both QBs.
I think they're mum on the OC replacement, too. He prolly took over already. :pray:

TacklingDummy
10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Don't be surprised to see Losman behind center. I won't be.

Saratoga Slim
10-11-2007, 12:46 PM
I think its going to be Losman. we're not going anywhere this year, so might as well make damn sure that Losman is not the guy, and give him a couple more games of what was billed as his "make or break" season.

If he can't show something in the next two or three weeks, I'm all for putting Edwards in, and then deciding over the offseason whether Trent is our guy going forward, or if we should use our high draft pick next year on a QB.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I think its going to be Losman. we're not going anywhere this year, so might as well make damn sure that Losman is not the guy, and give him a couple more games of what was billed as his "make or break" season.

If he can't show something in the next two or three weeks, I'm all for putting Edwards in, and then deciding over the offseason whether Trent is our guy going forward, or if we should use our high draft pick next year on a QB.

If Trent comes in, we move down in the draft. You cannot have it both ways.

Elminster
10-11-2007, 01:35 PM
If I were Jauron, I'd be a hell of a lot more decisive about it either way. QB controveries are nothing to trifle with when you're losing...

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Don't be surprised to see Losman behind center. I won't be.
Neither will I.

YardRat
10-11-2007, 05:59 PM
My money's on Losman, also.

If the offense had managed to take some of the picks and turn them into points, it might be a different story, but Edwards didn't do enough against Dallas to make the decision unquestionable.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Best way to hide JP's weakness is by putting him on the bench.

:bf1:

TacklingDummy
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Why do some of you guys even back JP, he's ***king idiot.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 06:08 PM
"Yeah, it's more principle than anything. I'm not taking anything away from Trent," Evans said. "But J.P. has done a lot to earn his starting position. ... He deserves it. And I don't think it would be warranted to leave him on the bench for the whole season."

what has he done,Lee?8 wins in 3 years??

Evans wants him back because Lossman locks onto him.Edwards spreads the ball around to the OPEN receivers.

Meathead
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
this one is ez

its gonna be losman

the dream had a glorious chance and he got three points

hes been quite impressive for a rookie. repeat rookie. not so impressive if he wasnt

two clunkers to open a season with a new ol and a rookie rb does not erase a season of very good progress and solid performances down the stretch

stop the madness

camelcowboy
10-11-2007, 10:45 PM
this one is ez

its gonna be losman

the dream had a glorious chance and he got three points

hes been quite impressive for a rookie. repeat rookie. not so impressive if he wasnt

two clunkers to open a season with a new ol and a rookie rb does not erase a season of very good progress and solid performances down the stretch

stop the madnessHe's looked better then losman, its not even close

Mitchy moo
10-12-2007, 02:00 PM

So if someone is a rookie, repeat rookie, then their lack of experience is of concern for you, right?

It's the lack of progress that kills JP for me personally.

RockStar36
10-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Evans has had more production since TE started at QB so saying that Evans backs JP because he is the main receiver doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The point is, it isn't fair to lose your job to injury. Especially the nature of the injury.

And yes TE looked poised and what not, but he only put up 3 ****ing points against Dallas.

That is nothing to brag about.

You know, if Losman had a performance like that it would be in Dummy's signature about what a horrible performance it was. Amazing how that works.

Mitchy moo
10-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Evans has had more production since TE started at QB so saying that Evans backs JP because he is the main receiver doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The point is, it isn't fair to lose your job to injury. Especially the nature of the injury.

And yes TE looked poised and what not, but he only put up 3 ****ing points against Dallas.

That is nothing to brag about.

You know, if Losman had a performance like that it would be in Dummy's signature about what a horrible performance it was. Amazing how that works.

Looking at the passing yards stats and what have you, he really didn't cost us the game either. We also had better TOP, which is REAL important against big time offenses.

RockStar36
10-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Looking at the passing yards stats and what have you, he really didn't cost us the game either. We also had better TOP, which is REAL important against big time offenses.

I don't know Skoob. That interception in scoring range when they could have put the game away was kind of a big deal.

Mitchy moo
10-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't know Skoob. That interception in scoring range when they could have put the game away was kind of a big deal.

There was ~6:00 when he threw that, the boys scored 9 points in ~:20. What lead was safe at the 6:00, honestly? Could we have gotten blessed all night and not expect the Boys to actually make a few passes as well??

<TABLE class=tablehead id=playTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD noWrap>3rd and 8 at DAL 11</TD><TD>(6:21) (Shotgun) T.Edwards pass short left intended for L.Evans INTERCEPTED by T.Newman (D.Ware) at DAL 5. T.Newman to BUF 25 for 70 yards (L.Evans). FUMBLES (L.Evans),

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wraith
10-12-2007, 02:47 PM

Try looking at points.