• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I am conflicted with this Team

The coaches, especially the D devised a great game plan agaist Dallas. It was brilliant untill the end. I thoroughly enjoyed 59 minutes 40 seconds of the footbal game last monday.

An udermanned, injury depleted football team played with heart and passion. It was David versus Goliath.

Then in the last minutes utter and sheer stupidity. The coaches have complete and total "brai" failure. Typ0 likes to refer to JP as the mental midget. I think his ire is misdirected. The coaches durig game week are effective in devolping schemes, and preparing the players to play. Then on game day they de-evolve into mental midgets.

What I saw monday night shows me this young team has a future.....

... 'cept for the coaching. Thus I am conflicted.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: I am conflicted with this Team

No conflict here. I have a feeling there will be a few changes made during the bye. JP will start, and there will be (at least) a new OC. The players are gelling nicely, and the rest of the year should be enjoyable to watch.

Optimist out!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

What from our offense made you think they have a future? Was it the three points off of 6 turnovers, or the inability to really sustain any drive at all and give the D a break?
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

ML
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
        to be led by permanent ideals -
        that is what keeps a man patient
        when the world ignores him,
        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Lynch was a beast without much help from the line. That first 15+yards made me lol
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

I think we have a good young base too. I think Matv has righted the ship. Hopefully he makes next offseason as the run for the playoffs. Not "rebuild" more. Or else the team will be stuck in a cycle. The playcalling sucks though.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
              No conflict here. I have a feeling there will be a few changes made during the bye. JP will start, and there will be (at least) a new OC. The players are gelling nicely, and the rest of the year should be enjoyable to watch.

Optimist out!
              too late- if they were going to do it, they wouldn't have wasted 3 days.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

7 years isn't a cycle?
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                  7 years isn't a cycle?
                  It is.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Unfortunaltey, Fairchild will remain the OC. If they were going to fire him, they would have already done so to maximize the new guys time since we have the bye. Dick is really an ass.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                      Unfortunaltey, Fairchild will remain the OC. If they were going to fire him, they would have already done so to maximize the new guys time since we have the bye.
                      We'll see. Since when have they done anything right?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

The Keystone Cops will still be with us at the end of the year.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

As they should. Firing anyone now would do more harm than good or at the very least do no good at all.

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

You know Jauron has a past history of not letting go his underperforming coordinators...

Comment

Originally posted by Bufftp
                              The coaches, especially the D devised a great game plan agaist Dallas. It was brilliant untill the end. I thoroughly enjoyed 59 minutes 40 seconds of the footbal game last monday.

An udermanned, injury depleted football team played with heart and passion. It was David versus Goliath.

Then in the last minutes utter and sheer stupidity. The coaches have complete and total "brai" failure. Typ0 likes to refer to JP as the mental midget. I think his ire is misdirected. The coaches durig game week are effective in devolping schemes, and preparing the players to play. Then on game day they de-evolve into mental midgets.

What I saw monday night shows me this young team has a future.....

... 'cept for the coaching. Thus I am conflicted.
                              Here's what I don't understand buff, everyone says we played a good game defensively. But we logged no sacks, allowed 385 net yards, the Boys went 9-for-15 (60%) on 3rd down conversions, they ran 72 offensive plays, and scored 25 points all in a game where they turned the ball over 6 times all courtesy of Romo who clearly had an off night.

So how does that translate into a good defensive game plan or even performance? I mean first of all, if we allow that every week, we'll probably lose every one of our remaining games.

Second of all, I rewatched the game today on tape and saw very little pressure of Romo throughout the game. Even on the INTs there may have been pressure on one or two of them.

Let's face it, Romo just had a crap game all on his own. It happens. But let's not begin overstating how good we were on D.

For instance, let's suppose Romo hadn't thrown 5 INTs. Suppose he had only pitched one or two. How many yards would the Cowboys have had?

How many 1st downs beyond the 24 that they got?

How about 3rd down conversions?

How many points beyond the 25 that they got?

This game w/o a Romo implosion, largely uninduced, and if indeed induced, due far more to you guys, the 12th man that was there than the team itself, the Cowboys it seems to me would have had well over 500 net yards of offense, near or more than 30 1st downs, probably 40-some points, etc.

Of the six or seven drives where Romo didn't turn it over, they scored on all but two of them.

There was no garbage time. I just don't see how allowing all of that including 253 2nd half yards can be viewed as good.

I think we were lucky that either Romo was thrown off by the volume and intensity of the 12th man or that he simply didn't show up. Kelsay's play was an isolated defensive play as was Wilson's. McGee's KR/TD was in a vacuum as well. Other than those three plays, which were great no doubt as Kelsay's will probably be the most memorable in his career, but that's all they were, fortunate plays on great timing.

Wilson's catch most of the people here could have made in street clothes and sneakers if they had been where Wilson was and the nearest receiver was ~ 10 yards from him. Romo was under no particular pressure so try as we may, we just can't credit the D for generating that.

IMO anyone seeing "good defense" is merely deceiving themselves. Anytime any team allows those kinds of stats, it's not a good defensive game. I cringe at what we would have allowed had Romo shown up to play from the start.

Comment

Working...
                              X