X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ratso
    • Nov 2005

Ralph Wilson-Are you kidding me?

This guy has been an idiot since day one and is only a few steps short of Wurtz and the guy that owns the Clippers as the worst team owner in history.

If he is so interested in keeping them here then he should do the right thing and get off his ass and figure it out before he dies. He takes the back door by letting the NFL figure it out.

Before we crown him Pope, remember this, he's been hoarding all of the revenue money and taking it back with him to Detroit. We bent over for him on the lease he could break at any moment, gave him a tax free practice facility and built him sky boxes he takes all the revenue from. He has never reinvested one dime he made off of the Bills fans back into this town. Period. At least Bass Pro has to give up the Sales tax money.

He was FORCED in putting a real team on the field because he was so cheap. Remember the years he wouldnt pay Cribbs, Knox, Smerlas, Shane Nelson and Fergy in the early 80's? I do. Finally someone hit him in the head when he hit rock bottom at 18,000 season ticket holders that the only way you make money is by putting a real team on the field. He had no choice because he was in an iron clad lease and the league would never let him move. (that was when the league had clout) and his team was losing money.

There are a million ways he could get this done without "taxing" his family. He will screw this town in a way that Al Davis would be proud.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Ralph Wilson-Are you kidding me?

Originally posted by ratso
    He will screw this town in a way that Al Davis would be proud.
    el oh el

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

And yet Bills fan have the lowest average ticket price.

Welcome back Pat, we missed you.

Comment

If he is so interested in keeping them here then he should do the right thing and get off his ass and figure it out before he dies. He takes the back door by letting the NFL figure it out.
        Good luck with that. Most of the owners want the team out of Buffalo. All roads go through them. Far too many people seem to think that Goodell has more authority than he does. Goodell owns nothing. The owners more or less own the league.

Enjoy the twilight years of your Bills.

Sad, oh so very sad.

Comment

• ratso
          • Nov 2005

Another brilliant marketing move! He doesnt have to drill people for tickets becasue he is the smallest market in the league and gets the biggest peice of the revenue sharing pie. Therefore, we have the best of both worlds, sellout crowds, a realtively low payroll right now and McCaskey, Davis and Jerry Jones giving him part of their take. I couldnt imagine a better scenario than that.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Another brilliant marketing move! He doesnt have to drill people for tickets becasue he is the smallest market in the league and gets the biggest peice of the revenue sharing pie. Therefore, we have the best of both worlds, sellout crowds, a realtively low payroll right now and McCaskey, Davis and Jerry Jones giving him part of their take. I couldnt imagine a better scenario than that.
            He could raise ticket prices $5 and hear Bills fans whine, cry, and ***** about it.

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              And yet Bills fan have the lowest average ticket price.
              And maybe we are getting what we pay for......
              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
              to be led by permanent ideals -
              that is what keeps a man patient
              when the world ignores him,
              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• ratso
                • Nov 2005

Exactly. Teams dont make it on the tickets, they make it on the beer commercials evryone watches and the DirectTV contract to show their games and ESPN paying 500 trillllllllion dollars for one game a week. The poor boys share in that as much as rich boys even if you dont win or haven't been on Monday Night Football in thirteen years.

This is also the exact reason why there is not revenue sharing in baseball. If I am Kansas City and I knew I would be subsdized by the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, and Cubs, what would give me any incentive to spend a dime for a winner?

I am not trying to bury him. I just think people in Buffalo should remember who they are dealing with. You could get jaded with an onwer like Galisano in the same town thinking everyone is interested in the good of the area and wants to give back to the community that helped him become a supermarket giant.

Comment

• ratso
                  • Nov 2005

Sorry, the community that helped him grow Paychex into one of the biggest companies in the world

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

I hate even talking about this because it depresses the hell out of me. Is there in any of your opinions at least a slight chance a local group could purchase the team and keep them here?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

**** YOU RALPH WILSON, YOU NO WINNING WASTE OF HUMAN LIFE. I ****ING HATE YOU AND CURSE THE GROUND YOU WALK ON AND THE AIR YOU BREATH. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FAILURE IN NFL OWNERSHIP HISTORY. GO **** YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF K9 EXCREMENT.

That is all.......

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

The way you guys act you don't deserve a team.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          The way you guys act you don't deserve a team.
                          SO because we are tired of getting ****ed by an owner who isn't serious about winning you fault us?

Satisfied with mediocrity......

Comment

• Romes
                            • Jul 2002

the people there Monday night deserve a team and they deserve a good one.
                            Originally posted by paladin warrior
                            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              SO because we are tired of getting ****ed by an owner who isn't serious about winning you fault us?
                              And what has Ralph Wilson done the past 10 years to say he is not trying to field a winner? How has Ralph ****ed you or anyone?

Give me a break. Ralph wants to win just as much, if not more than anyone else who loves the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X