PDA

View Full Version : Let the panic begin

User Manuel
10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=220366&hubname=
The CFL, Argos are looking to buy an NFL team.
Just what we need here over the bye week.

gr8slayer
10-11-2007, 10:47 AM
It's looking more and more inevitable thanks to our greedy owner who refuses to sell a fraction of the team to someone who would keep them in Buffalo.

raphael120
10-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Here we go...

User Manuel
10-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Ok, here is a question. What if the CFL and Argos bought the team and decided to keep the name Buffalo Bills but moved it to St. Catharines after building a new stadium.. Would you still be a Bills fan?

I think I would.

raphael120
10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
They could call it "This is Buffalo's Team" and it wouldn't be anything that reflected the people or the town of Buffalo.

The only team that Buffalonians would support would be from the same place where buffalonians live.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok, here is a question. What if the CFL and Argos bought the team and decided to keep the name Buffalo Bills but moved it to St. Catharines after building a new stadium.. Would you still be a Bills fan?

I think I would.
No I would hope that everyone having anything to do with the team dies.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
It's looking more and more inevitable thanks to our greedy owner who refuses to sell a fraction of the team to someone who would keep them in Buffalo.

Name the local people who have interest in buying the Bills?

Are they even for sale?

What does Ralph Wilson will look like when he dies?

LtBillsFan66
10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
What if they made the stadium a floating barge and put it in the middle of the border line?

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
What if they made the stadium a floating barge and put it in the middle of the border line?
Maybe then.

Bufftp
10-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Now that it solid out of the box, damn creative thinking! :up:

DraftBoy
10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Do the Argos have the money to buy a team? Where the hell is Ticat he's the only one who follows the CFL.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Do the Argos have the money to buy a team? Where the hell is Ticat he's the only one who follows the CFL.
I am sure they do. Toronto is rich.

DraftBoy
10-11-2007, 11:16 AM
I am sure they do. Toronto is rich.

Team stays in the same media market, moves to a bigger audience market, and the NFL diversifies itself. Its a likely possibility.

Ultra Chimp 1
10-11-2007, 11:16 AM
It's a perfect time to sell, and a perfect time to buy - especially for a Canadian contingent.

Think of it. The Canadians dollar is at par or better. And the American dollar is nose diving.

I don't think however, the CFL/Argos bidding team could out spend the MSLE.

Toronto will evetually get the Bills and the winning party won't be the Argos/CFL team.

It will be MSLE.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Team stays in the same media market, moves to a bigger audience market, and the NFL diversifies itself. Its a likely possibility.
Then Again I hope they go to hell and DIE!

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
It's a perfect time to sell, and a perfect time to buy - especially for a Canadian contingent.

Think of it. The Canadians dollar is at par or better. And the American dollar is nose diving.

I don't think however, the CFL/Argos bidding team could out spend the MSLE.
This is a good point!

BlackMetalNinja
10-11-2007, 11:20 AM
They could call it "This is Buffalo's Team" and it wouldn't be anything that reflected the people or the town of Buffalo.

The only team that Buffalonians would support would be from the same place where buffalonians live.

Orchard Park?

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Orchard Park?
Yeah which is 5 minutes where I live in South BUFFALO.

imbondz
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
**** that ****

DraftBoy
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Then Again I hope they go to hell and DIE!

You need to get out more, way too much pent up aggression

chernobylwraiths
10-11-2007, 11:35 AM
I guess the people from the Argos better hire a hit man since Ralph ain't selling it.

People from the Buffalo area who have the means to buy the team:
Tom Golisano (already said that he might be interested and Ralph rebuffed)
Bob Rich Jr.
Jeremy Jacobs
Paul Snyder (yeah, I know)

Mr. Pink
10-11-2007, 12:04 PM
As long as Snyder isn't the majority owner, I have no problem with him tossing some money in as an investing partner to keep the team here.

DraftBoy
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Snyder as majority owner would be a bad idea because why..? Im not as familiar with Buffalo rich and famous as Id like to be.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Same discussion going on in the Ralph Wilson thread

BoB Rich Jr shows on Forbes Billionaire list of 2007 at 1.5 Billion.
Tom Golisano Shows on Forbes Billionaire list of 2007 at 2.0 Billion
Jeremy Jacobs Shows on Forbes Billionaire list of 2007 at 1.5 Billion

FOR REFERENCE
Jerral(Jerry) Jones Shows on Forbes Billionaire list of 2007 at 1.5 Billion
Daniel Snyder isn't even on the list as a Billionaire.

MORE REFERENCE.
George Steinbrenner Shows on Forbes Billionaire list of 2007 at 1.3 Billion

This pretty much blows that whole No one in Buffalo could afford the team right out of the water!

Here is a link to Forbes website!

http://www.forbes.com/2007/09/19/ric...rich_land.html

Johnny Bugmenot
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I guess the people from the Argos better hire a hit man since Ralph ain't selling it.

Ralph isn't living much longer, either. Have you seen him lately? He's lost quite a few steps in 6 years...

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Who is Paul Snyder?

gr8slayer
10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Who is Paul Snyder?http://www.paulsnyder.net/ :idunno:

Mr. Pink
10-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Who is Paul Snyder?
Remember the Buffalo Braves? Paul Snyder was the owner.

Snyder has also owned other business invesments, he buys into and then sells to make a profit. Which there's nothing wrong with that from a personal standpoint, it's actually smart business but it kinda sucks to your fanbase.

He also was the original owner of Darien Lake.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Got it.

**** HIM

hammerbillsfan
10-11-2007, 12:45 PM

hey i do too

**** the Argos

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Where you board the ferry makes a difference then, lol.

djjimkelly
10-11-2007, 01:10 PM

I think I would.

area is already set aside near toronto air port for massive nfl stadium.

while im a massive bills fan and would LOVE to see them stay in buffalo forever. if they have to move let it be to toronto. the team would still be regional..

ONCE AGAIN I WANT THEM TO STAY IN BUFFALO BUT IF THEY HAVE TO MOVE LET IT BE TORONTO

User Manuel
10-11-2007, 01:12 PM
My worry wouldn't be someone being able to afford the team. We have people who could finance that. My worry is that the team wont generate enough revenue in Buffalo to pay off the debt load that a near $1 billion purchase would involve.

I think that is the sticking point to any deal involving the team staying. I think that is part of the reason Ralph doesn't want to leave the team to his wife/daughter. they would have to finance the debt load the inheritence tax would create which would create a serious burden on them.

Remember, those Billionaires are worth that much overall. It doesnt mean they have $1 billion in the bank.

joekurtz
10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm sure my response will draw a lot of heat, but better Toronto or a Canadian contingent than LA, San Antonio or some other city in the US.

I mean let's face it folks, not to be ghoulish, but ol' Ralph doesn't have much more time left. And, even if his ticker keeps him going for another decade, mentally he's got MAYBE another four or five years tops. That's if you believe he's still "all there" now. Which is debatable IMO.

So, since the selfish bastard refuses to even discuss a plan for the team following his inevitable demise, we can pretty much count on a free for all of bids for the team once he passes. With the team going to the highest bidder & the one who can offer the NFL the most amount of positive press & revenue. Which likely isn't Buffalo.

But, right across the border there's a place which would provide all of that & more to Ralph's survivors & to the increasingly international minded NFL.

Do I hope that the Bills go to Canada?

Hell no, I want them to stay right here where they belong. But, if it becomes inevitable that they're going to go elsewhere, then I'm all for Canada.

joekurtz
10-11-2007, 01:17 PM
area is already set aside near toronto air port for massive nfl stadium.

while im a massive bills fan and would LOVE to see them stay in buffalo forever. if they have to move let it be to toronto. the team would still be regional..

ONCE AGAIN I WANT THEM TO STAY IN BUFFALO BUT IF THEY HAVE TO MOVE LET IT BE TORONTO

Great minds think alike bro. :bandwagon

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm sure my response will draw a lot of heat, but better Toronto or a Canadian contingent than LA, San Antonio or some other city in the US.

I mean let's face it folks, not to be ghoulish, but ol' Ralph doesn't have much more time left. And, even if his ticker keeps him going for another decade, mentally he's got MAYBE another four or five years tops. That's if you believe he's still "all there" now. Which is debatable IMO.

So, since the selfish bastard refuses to even discuss a plan for the team following his inevitable demise, we can pretty much count on a free for all of bids for the team once he passes. With the team going to the highest bidder & the one who can offer the NFL the most amount of positive press & revenue. Which likely isn't Buffalo.

But, right across the border there's a place which would provide all of that & more to Ralph's survivors & to the increasingly international minded NFL.

Do I hope that the Bills go to Canada?

Hell no, I want them to stay right here where they belong. But, if it becomes inevitable that they're going to go elsewhere, then I'm all for Canada.
I can understand where you are coming from but if they are moving I would rather have them far away as possible. I would hate them either way so why have them so close so I have to keep hearing about the traitor team.

Michael82
10-11-2007, 02:52 PM
**** the Argos! **** the CFL! **** Toronto! **** Canada! :mad:

Stay the hell away from our team!!! :mad: It's the BUFFALO Bills and not the Toronto Bills. Leave them alone!!!! :curse:

hammerbillsfan
10-11-2007, 02:58 PM
**** the CFL! **** Toronto! **** Canada! :mad:

jeez mike, was this really necessary? :shakeno:

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 03:03 PM
jeez mike, was this really necessary? :shakeno:
In this case yes.

hammerbillsfan
10-11-2007, 03:09 PM
In this case yes.

:rock:

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2007, 03:12 PM

:lol:

Would put a new meaning to the dink and "dunk" offense.

DynaPaul
10-11-2007, 03:17 PM
If the Bills had to move ANYWHERE then Toronto wouldn't be bad. It'd still be close to Buffalo and would keep the same fan base relatively. I actually could still be a fan in that scenario. Now, if they moved to LA then screw that. I'd have to find another team.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 03:19 PM
How can you seriously still be a fan if they moved to Toronto? That completely blows my mind! They would be my most HATED team. My only favorite team would be the team playing the Toronto team.

JD
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Think about it. With Buffalo slowly making a turn around, and land starting to be dug up on open land off Fuhrrman st.. just off Lake Erie. Billionaires and the state step in, to save the Bills; building a Stadium in down town Buffalo next to lake Erie.

I'm dreaming, I know. Wishful thinking at least :D

JD
10-11-2007, 03:24 PM
If the Bills had to move ANYWHERE then Toronto wouldn't be bad. It'd still be close to Buffalo and would keep the same fan base relatively. I actually could still be a fan in that scenario. Now, if they moved to LA then screw that. I'd have to find another team.
Really though? If they won the super bowl.. would you feel wierd?? Like, the celebration should be in Buffalo.. not toronto? **** I dont know if I could deal with that to be honest. Ugghh this sucks!

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Think about it. With Buffalo slowly making a turn around, and land starting to be dug up on open land off Fuhrrman st.. just off Lake Erie. Billionaires and the state step in, to save the Bills; building a Stadium in down town Buffalo next to lake Erie.

I'm dreaming, I know. Wishful thinking at least :D
:hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Really though? If they won the super bowl.. would you feel wierd?? Like, the celebration should be in Buffalo.. not toronto? **** I dont know if I could deal with that to be honest. Ugghh this sucks!
It would make me physically ILL. I don't think I could even handle it.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Why do you need a new stadium? You finally got your Bass Pro Fishing Shop. Very exciting!!

Instead of taking the kids to a football game you can take them indoor fishing.

Does anyone in Buffalo have any balls to fight the corruption and stupidity that exists there?

DynaPaul
10-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Yeah... I WOULD feel weird. But there's no way I could ever root for the Jets or Giants. I guess Toronto would be the best compromise should the team undoubtedly have to move. Call me odd I guess.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Why do you need a new stadium? You finally got your Bass Pro Fishing Shop. Very exciting!!

Does anyone in Buffalo have any balls to fight the corruption and stupidity that exists there?
What does this have to do with anything?

http://www.buffalorising.com/story/canalside_the_new_plan#sca

The Bass Pro store itself will, like Plan #2, be owned by ECHDC and leased to Bass Pro. That’s why ECHDC is spending $35 million to build the structure to its’ specifications so that if Bass Pro fails, the building can be more easily reused. Interesting to note, the $600,000 a year lease will almost cover the cost outlaid by ECHDC for the building over the length of the 49-year lease. This is a much better deal that the previous two proposals.

Get it straight before you post Man.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah... I WOULD feel weird. But there's no way I could ever root for the Jets or Giants. I guess Toronto would be the best compromise should the team undoubtedly have to move. Call me odd I guess.
You are very ODD.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:14 PM

They have a group of geniuses there to just help the city manage it money better. Bring back Jimmy Griffin, get a 12 pack of beer and stay home.

Saratoga Slim
10-11-2007, 04:15 PM

I think I would.

Yes. I would not be happy about it, but if we can't find ownership to keep the team IN Buffalo, it's about the best case scenario.

Frankly, IF a Toronto ownership group bought in, it might be a smart move to put in St. Catherines so as to capitalize on both Toronto/Buffalo economic markets.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 04:18 PM
They have a group of geniuses there to just help the city manage it money better. Bring back Jimmy Griffin, get a 12 pack of beer and stay home.
The money isn't even coming from the city guys. It is state funding. Read my above post for christ sakes.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:20 PM
The money isn't even coming from the city guys. It is state funding. Read my above post for christ sakes.

My bad, good post above.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Yes. I would not be happy about it, but if we can't find ownership to keep the team IN Buffalo, it's about the best case scenario.

Frankly, IF a Toronto ownership group bought in, it might be a smart move to put in St. Catherines so as to capitalize on both Toronto/Buffalo economic markets.
I can't imagine many Buffalonians supporting that team.

JD
10-11-2007, 05:04 PM

Funny that you think its just about Bass Pro. It's a major development project including several other businesses near the waterfront. Stop by the "Buffalo Zone" sometime in the Twilight Zone board.

chernobylwraiths
10-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Remember the Buffalo Braves? Paul Snyder was the owner.

Snyder has also owned other business invesments, he buys into and then sells to make a profit. Which there's nothing wrong with that from a personal standpoint, it's actually smart business but it kinda sucks to your fanbase.

He also was the original owner of Darien Lake.

When he sold the team, I believe it was mostly because of John Y Browne that we got rid of it. I saw an interview with him and he said basically that attendance wasn't the problem with the Braves, it was concessions. He got NOTHING from the concessions for Braves games, the Sabres got it all and they weren't giving it up. He said he would have done the same thing if he were in the Sabres situation.

Stewie
10-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Exactly. Like Orchard Park.

BlackMetalNinja
10-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Exactly. Like Orchard Park.

I already said that and got shot down immediately...

Fletch
10-11-2007, 10:03 PM

I won't disagree with you, but put yourself in an investor's shoes too.

Why would you pay top dollar for a franchise that's lower than ever before and keep it in a region of a declining economy and one where the odds are great that you'd be moving he team in the near future anyway?

Even though this is the NFL an investor is still going to want to make a decent return on their investment. As Buffalonians we have to separate out our sentimental attachments when thinking about this team from a business perspective. Investors don't care about how rabid fans are. They care about whether or not they can sell seats. There are many arenas in all of pro sports that sell a ton of seats to people that are not huge fans at all but buy them as business investments. They do that in B-Lo too, but I think we have a lot more dedicated fans in B-Lo, but that doesn't always mean dollars. Especially the way things seem to be going this year. We might have another two or three games that don't end up being sold out.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2007, 11:48 PM
I already said that and got shot down immediately...
Right because Orchard park is 5 minutes from Buffalo where Toronto is almost2 hours.

Night Train
10-12-2007, 04:35 AM

I think I would.

The second the Bills leave Western NY, I buy UB Bulls tickets and basically ignore Sunday.

Michael82
10-12-2007, 05:32 AM
The second the Bills leave Western NY, I buy UB Bulls tickets and basically ignore Sunday.
Great idea. :up:

YardRat
10-12-2007, 05:49 AM

The very definition of masichism.

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Right because Orchard park is 5 minutes from Buffalo where Toronto is almost2 hours.

Except what I replied to was the idea of putting them in St. Catherines, which is certainly not 2 hours from Buffalo. In fact from North Buffalo it's significantly less than that.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-12-2007, 08:14 AM

We'd know exactly who's to blame, then.

If they can win in Toronto but not Buffalo, then, well... Buffalo is the problem. So be it.

Night Train
10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Except what I replied to was the idea of putting them in St. Catherines, which is certainly not 2 hours from Buffalo. In fact from North Buffalo it's significantly less than that.

Ever sit at a Canada bridge crossing for 2-3 hours BMN ? It's commonplace here. Mapquest might say 30 minutes but with the hassle, it's far longer.

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Ever sit at a Canada bridge crossing for 2-3 hours BMN ? It's commonplace here. Mapquest might say 30 minutes but with the hassle, it's far longer.

Fair enough... And just so it's not mistaken, in no way, shape, or form do I want the team to move. I was trying to make a point about how the Bills aren't actually in Buffalo, but apparantly it wasn't a very good point.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
What would be the point of putting it in St Catherines? It is like 30 minutes from Buffalo and over an hour and 15 minutes to Toronto. It is a terrible Idea IMO. Its like putting it in a Buffalo Suburb but making us cross the border.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 11:56 AM
We'd know exactly who's to blame, then.

If they can win in Toronto but not Buffalo, then, well... Buffalo is the problem. So be it.
This answer does not go along with the question in any way. It would have to do with ownership and not the actual city BTW... :shakeno:

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I won't disagree with you, but put yourself in an investor's shoes too.

Why would you pay top dollar for a franchise that's lower than ever before and keep it in a region of a declining economy and one where the odds are great that you'd be moving he team in the near future anyway?

Even though this is the NFL an investor is still going to want to make a decent return on their investment. As Buffalonians we have to separate out our sentimental attachments when thinking about this team from a business perspective. Investors don't care about how rabid fans are. They care about whether or not they can sell seats. There are many arenas in all of pro sports that sell a ton of seats to people that are not huge fans at all but buy them as business investments. They do that in B-Lo too, but I think we have a lot more dedicated fans in B-Lo, but that doesn't always mean dollars. Especially the way things seem to be going this year. We might have another two or three games that don't end up being sold out.

I do completely understand this and it is why I am VERY worried the team will leave. At least the city is finally turning around but it may be too late! :(

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2007, 12:56 PM
What would be the point of putting it in St Catherines? It is like 30 minutes from Buffalo and over an hour and 15 minutes to Toronto. It is a terrible Idea IMO. Its like putting it in a Buffalo Suburb but making us cross the border.

Don't ask me, I'm not the one who suggested it!

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Don't ask me, I'm not the one who suggested it!
Oh Sorry BMN. :( WHO SUGGESTED THIS NONSENSE? I am asking YOU!

User Manuel
10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
I did. Actually, it was a theoretical.
The question was this:

If the team was bought, a stadium built in St. Catharines and the team kept the name Buffalo Bills. would you still be a fan?

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
The question was this:

If the team was bought, a stadium built in St. Catharines and the team kept the name Buffalo Bills. would you still be a fan?
NO

Voltron
10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Hell I am ready to Jump ship now :sadwalk: . If they were to move I would just have to follow another team.

joekurtz
10-12-2007, 02:46 PM
The question was this:

Hell yeah.

I'd have no problem with it actually since I live in Lackawanna just a few minutes from the stadium, can't afford to go to the games. So the NFL is a television sport to me regardless of where the games are played. So, the games will look just as good telecast from across the border as they do now ...

As for all the pissing & moaning & hating the team with a lifelong grudge should they move, to each their own. If some folks deside to take that route should the Bills go elsewhere, that's their perogative. But, I won't waste my energy on all that negativity.

Especially since the Bills moving would be an entirely different thing than the Colts, the Raiders & the Browns for instance. Those were an example of an owner jumping ship for a better financial deal & saying "f**k you!" to those cities. With the Bills, it would be a case of ol' Ralph being in the cold earth & the NFL auctioning off one of his assets to the highest bidder.

If it's an individual or a contingent from western New York, FABULOUS!
But, if it's not, then damn it, I'd rather have them wind up with our neighbors to the North rather than anywhere else.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Have fun with the Ontario Bills. Tickets to a Bills game are only 40 bucks man.

Billscusey
10-12-2007, 02:49 PM
No I would hope that everyone having anything to do with the team dies.

Sorry to say Thurm, but if that's the case, you should kill yourself now. This team practically belongs to Southern Ontario already. Without us, Buffalo doesn't have a team, in name or otherwise!

Billscusey
10-12-2007, 02:56 PM

What's wrong with that? We've been doing that for years, now it's your turn! And before you say "well you should have to if you want to see our team!" you know damn well that it's not YOUR team, it's OUR team. I defy any Buffalonian to say that this team does not absolutely NEED Toronto money to survive!

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Sorry to say Thurm, but if that's the case, you should kill yourself now. This team practically belongs to Southern Ontario already. Without us, Buffalo doesn't have a team, in name or otherwise!
Yeah I should probably Kill myself.. WTF are you talking about? :shakeno: IMO if they moved to Canada they are dead to me and I will no longer associate with the team. I don't truly wish death it was just a way of stating the intense hatred I will have for that team, those associated with it(Players, Fans, Canada in general, etc) and the NFL in general.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 03:00 PM
What's wrong with that? We've been doing that for years, now it's your turn! And before you say "well you should have to if you want to see our team!" you know damn well that it's not YOUR team, it's OUR team. I defy any Buffalonian to say that this team does not absolutely NEED Toronto money to survive!
STFU already. Don't tell me that if the team was in your city and was moved you wouldnt have objections to it. No one disputes the Canada fan base either.

Billscusey
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
**** the Argos! **** the CFL! **** Toronto! **** Canada! :mad:

Stay the hell away from our team!!! :mad: It's the BUFFALO Bills and not the Toronto Bills. Leave them alone!!!! :curse:

Dude, it's obvious that you're scared, but realize that IT IS THE TORONTO BILLS IN MANY WAYS!!! You better pray that we don't "stay the hell away" from your team, or your team won't be a team for much longer!

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
All I can tell you is that no one I know(which is a lot of people) would support the team if they moved there. There would certainly be some in Buffalo that would and truth be told I am sure Ontario by itself would be be able to support the team. If they move it I say just take them up to Toronto, F putting it in St Catherines and DIE!

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Dude, it's obvious that you're scared, but realize that IT IS THE TORONTO BILLS IN MANY WAYS!!! You better pray that we don't "stay the hell away" from your team, or your team won't be a team for much longer!
He means stay the hell away in regards to buying the team and moving them away. I think that was obvious....

joekurtz
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah I should probably Kill myself.. WTF are you talking about? :shakeno: IMO if they moved to Canada they are dead to me and I will no longer associate with the team. I don't truly wish death it was just a way of stating the intense hatred I will have for that team, those associated with it(Players, Fans, Canada in general, etc) and the NFL in general.

Like I said dude, that's totally cool if that's how you choose to respond to it should it happen. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of people whom would agree with you & take the same approach. I just wouldn't be one of 'em.

Maybe it's because I've got such strong English roots with my grandparents parents right off the boat just before the turn of the century, with much of the family settling in Canada & the rest in Buffalo. So, I have a strong kinship with Canadians & have often considered moving there.

So, having a strong part of my local identity in the Buffalo Bills moving to a place a short distance away to a place that I already have strong ties to just doesn't bother me. Like I said, it certainly beats the hell out of LA or San Antonio!

Billscusey
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
STFU already. Don't tell me that if the team was in your city and was moved you wouldnt have objections to it. No one disputes the Canada fan base either.

Thurm, I know what you are saying, and I totally understand. I don't want the Bills to go anywhere either. I love headin' down to the B-LO. You guys are so friendly and welcoming, and I have had some of the best times of my life in the OP. But I think that there is a lot of fear here. The truth is, no one knows what is going to happen to this team, but it is becoming increasingly likely that the outcome isn't going to be positive, whatever it is. Teams change address all the time. That's a disheartening fact. But here, the Bills and their fans have a rare chance to be able to salvage part of their identity, which is something that most relocated teams don't get the opportunity to do. Part of the history of the Bills involves the cross-border relationship we all have. I, for one, would welcome all Buffalonians with open arms the same way you have all welcomed us for so long. Sure, the Bills wouldn't be quite the same if they moved to Toronto, but come on, it would have to be better than the team moving to L.A.!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Like I said dude, that's totally cool if that's how you choose to respond to it should it happen. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of people whom would agree with you & take the same approach. I just wouldn't be one of 'em.

Maybe it's because I've got such strong English roots with my grandparents parents right off the boat just before the turn of the century, with much of the family settling in Canada & the rest in Buffalo. So, I have a strong kinship with Canadians & have often considered moving there.

So, having a strong part of my local identity in the Buffalo Bills moving to a place a short distance away to a place that I already have strong ties to just doesn't bother me. Like I said, it certainly beats the hell out of LA or San Antonio!
We disagree but I see where you are coming from of course! Its not like I hate Canada or something either. Honestly Toronto is one of my favorite places. That isn't the point to me in this issue!

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Thurm, I know what you are saying, and I totally understand. I don't want the Bills to go anywhere either. I love headin' down to the B-LO. You guys are so friendly and welcoming, and I have had some of the best times of my life in the OP. But I think that there is a lot of fear here. The truth is, no one knows what is going to happen to this team, but it is becoming increasingly likely that the outcome isn't going to be positive, whatever it is. Teams change address all the time. That's a disheartening fact. But here, the Bills and their fans have a rare chance to be able to salvage part of their identity, which is something that most relocated teams don't get the opportunity to do. Part of the history of the Bills involves the cross-border relationship we all have. I, for one, would welcome all Buffalonians with open arms the same way you have all welcomed us for so long. Sure, the Bills wouldn't be quite the same if they moved to Toronto, but come on, it would have to be better than the team moving to L.A.!!

I see what you are saying but to me I would rather have them move to LA and just forget about them. It would be like your ex girlfriend who you loved with all your heart who just dumped you and moved in with the bigshot in the brand new house next door, and them saying oh hey Thurm why don't you come over for dinner 8 sundays a year to see how happy we are. **** THAT **** I can't stand it .

joekurtz
10-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I see what you are saying but to me I would rather have them move to LA and just forget about them. It would be like your ex girlfriend who you loved with all your heart who just dumped you and moved in with the bigshot in the brand new house next door, and them saying oh hey Thurm why don't you come over for dinner 8 sundays a year to see how happy we are. **** THAT **** I can't stand it .

I guess we'll just have to accept our differences & agree to disagree on this issue. Which, hopefully, won't BE an issue because someone local will be the eventual buyer when Wilson kicks off.

Actually, not to beat a dead horse, but this whole issue & the constant state of fear the grumpy, selfish old bastard seems to enjoy keeping the entire community of Bills fans in is Wilson's fault. I mean C'MON, his wealth & all his holdings & assets are probably more than enough for his survivors & their families to live comfortably on for generations. And he's worried about them having to pay taxes on just one of said assets?

I'm begining to believe that he doesn't want the Bills to remain in Buffalo after he dies. I think he wants his legacy to be that Buffalo had a team during his lifetime & that's it. POOF! Gone after he dies ...

Either that or he so steadfastly refuses to make arrangements for what will happen to the team upon his death because he's delusional & thinks he'll live forever. Who knows?

Anyhow, peace. :peace: