PDA

View Full Version : QB question

mybills
10-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Just curious..has Trent Edwards done any blocking or attempted blocking in the almost 3 games he's played in? I noticed that he ran after Newman when he got picked off, and that he tried to get to the ball when Newman lost it right after that, and I thought that was great! But I don't remember seeing him block. Lots of QB's can block..JP, even Bledsoe. Some QB's try to..Trent Green, but did anyone notice if Edwards does? :idunno:

LtBillsFan66
10-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Biggest non issue. Ever.

mybills
10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
If I'm curious about it, it's an issue. :D

btw, if anyone has seen him block, can you please find a pic or video of it? I would love to see this from him. :up:

OpIv37
10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
most coaches tell their QB's not to block because it's not worth the injury risk

mybills
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm gonna take this as a no. Not even in college.

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't try to find fault in that Mybills. I'm sure he would ,block,tackle, do whatever if he's asked to. The guy is a gamer. His college reviews seem to show that no matter how bad his team was in college, he always gave it 100%

mybills
10-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Don't try to find fault in that Mybills. I'm sure he would ,block,tackle, do whatever if he's asked to. The guy is a gamer. His college reviews seem to show that no matter how bad his team was in college, he always gave it 100%
How many times do I have to say I don't HATE him. I'm just curious if he's ever done it. I would like to see a pic or video of it, because I've seen QB's make some nice friggin' blocks before. Jeesh! I even complimented him on going after the ball, and somehow that turns into a controversy. :cynic:

DarbyTheDinosaur
10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
How many times do I have to say I don't HATE him. I'm just curious if he's ever done it. I would like to see a pic or video of it, because I've seen QB's make some nice friggin' blocks before. Jeesh! I even complimented him on going after the ball, and somehow that turns into a controversy. :cynic:

mybills...to answer your question, they only block I ever saw him make was on Lee Evans on the Newman INT return...it seemed to be ineffective.

:D

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I didn't say you hated him but starting athread about whether he can block makes me suspicious of your motive.

mybills
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I really do want both of them on the roster. :pray:

mybills...to answer your question, they only block I ever saw him make was on Lee Evans on the Newman INT return...it seemed to be ineffective.

:DThat's not funny.

well, yes it is, kinda. :sadwalk:

mybills
10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Remember that huge hit that Bledsoe made on someone?..I can't remember what game that was, but somebody made a video of it that played on a loop. As much as I didn't even like Bledsoe, I enjoyed watching that. I think someone even made one for JP's huge block..but again, can't remember which game. :idunno:

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:22 PM

Well, well a little TE love. Maybe your not as lost as many of us have thought.:candle:

Typ0
10-11-2007, 04:38 PM
you really come off as an incessent knit picker trying to find reason to downplay TE here mybills...if the best you can do is go after a QBs blocking ability I just have to chuckle.

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Well, well a little TE love. Maybe your not as lost as many of us have thought.:candle:
you're the one who can't read skoobs. If you look back in time, I've defended the TE pick more than anyone here . Ask OP.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
you're the one who can't read skoobs.

Obviously I can and did. You'll come around after we're hearing playoffs again at the end of this year. ESPN will hop all over the Vince young of 2007, TE. They love a good story and people buy it.

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Obviously I can and did. You'll come around after we're hearing playoffs again at the end of this year. ESPN will hop all over the Vince young of 2007, TE. They love a good story and people buy it.

My bad, You're the one who can't comprehend . I've loved the TE pick but if making sure whether playcalling or JP is the problem makes me a JP homer then so be it. You on the other hand have a mancrush for TE for now until it's time for you to flipflop.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:53 PM
My bad, You're the one who can't comprehend . I've loved the TE pick but if making sure whether playcalling or JP is the problem makes me a JP homer then so be it. You on the other hand have a mancrush for TE for now until it's time for you to flipflop.

You have fought everyone on here about JP having to be the starter, I mean everyone. You we're relentless yesterday, even others made references to it.
I watched all the games and have made my personal decision that the coaches believe in Edwards more. They never would of called a pass at the 11 yard line with JP, remember that Miami away debacle??

The coaches have given Trent more freedom than JP has enjoyed, that's trust. If the coaches trust in Edwards more, he will play. DJ or no one will come out and say who they like better or who the starter is until after the bye and the coaches don't have enough mind room for mind games so just assume it's TE.

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
You're the one trying to make excuses like you time of possesion thread and your most recent 'well maybe fairchild did this and that because we had the lead". You're back to being a homer while I'm calling a spade a spade.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm calling a spade a spade.

Your man card is out on JP justa, after yesterday it's all out.

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Your man card is out on JP justa, after yesterday it's all out.
coming from you..okay

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 06:31 PM
coming from you..okay

Lol.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Remember that huge hit that Bledsoe made on someone?..I can't remember what game that was, but somebody made a video of it that played on a loop. As much as I didn't even like Bledsoe, I enjoyed watching that. I think someone even made one for JP's huge block..but again, can't remember which game. :idunno:

the Bledsoe hit was against the Jets.i think it was Jason Ferguson.the Lossman block must have been forgotten and buried under all of the losses,over/underthrown passes,fumbles,and excuses.

LtBillsFan66
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Can Trent Green block?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQhsrpAZ_a8

Typ0
10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I can understand there are times you run a play where the QB can be helpful...and there are times when they are just so competitive they are going to throw a block...but do you really want your QB to be blocking?

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I can understand there are times you run a play where the QB can be helpful...and there are times when they are just so competitive they are going to throw a block...but do you really want your QB to be blocking?

not if there are millions of dollars tied up in him.i think the last thing the Colts brass needs to see is Peyton Manning throwing a block on a 300 lb monster.

mybills
10-12-2007, 06:26 AM
you really come off as an incessent knit picker trying to find reason to downplay TE here mybills...if the best you can do is go after a QBs blocking ability I just have to chuckle.
:rofl: Another one who can't ***** read. I'm NOT bashing him at all! I just asked a ***** question. If you don't know of him blocking anyone, then all you have to say is NO!
:rolleyes:

SAB, if you're sure it was the Jets game, thanks for answering. At least SOMEBODY did! Do you remember who made the video clip for their sig?

LtFinFan66
10-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Can Trent Green block?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQhsrpAZ_a8He sent that fat ass for a ride so it was pretty effective.....other than knocking himself the F out which will probably be good for the Fins in the long run

LtFinFan66
10-12-2007, 06:36 AM
The JP block in question is likely the one he laid on Zach Thomas

mybills
10-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Thanks, Lt! :up: That was prolly harder for you to answer, then for a Bills fan. :cynic:

..and like I said, Trent Green "tries" to. :ill:

LtFinFan66
10-12-2007, 06:42 AM
It was a hell of a block.....just not well excecuted by safety standards

mybills
10-12-2007, 06:47 AM
I agree. I do enjoy seeing a good clean one, though. :D

LtFinFan66
10-12-2007, 06:57 AM
It was completely legal per the NFL. Nuff said

mybills
10-12-2007, 07:02 AM
It was completely legal per the NFL. Nuff said

I hear ya. They're always right. I wish he didn't get hurt, though. :(

LtFinFan66
10-12-2007, 07:05 AM
They are right when they look at the hit afterwards and determine it was indeed legal.

The only good that may come out of it is that hopefully after the bye week, Beck gets to start so we can see what we have in him

Typ0
10-12-2007, 05:19 PM
:rofl: Another one who can't ***** read. I'm NOT bashing him at all! I just asked a ***** question. If you don't know of him blocking anyone, then all you have to say is NO!
:rolleyes:

SAB, if you're sure it was the Jets game, thanks for answering. At least SOMEBODY did! Do you remember who made the video clip for their sig?

when you basically say JP Blocks and TE doesn't it sure sounds like an extreemly petty stretching it bash. another word for it would be fishing.

mybills
10-12-2007, 06:03 PM
You JP haters are paranoid. :chuckle:
I mentioned Bledsoe and Trent GREEN too. :shakeno:

SABURZFAN
10-12-2007, 11:17 PM
The JP block in question is likely the one he laid on Zach Thomas

that's right.somebody had that block in their signature too.i can't remember who though.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2007, 11:18 PM

i can't remember who had that one in their signature either. :idunno:

mybills
10-14-2007, 09:30 AM
that's right.somebody had that block in their signature too.i can't remember who though.
I wish these people would come forward and post them again. :ill: