PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Why?

northernbillfan
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Forked from: Why? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2153173)

I enter each game these days with a substantial emotional shield in place. I'm quiet and stoic and may even outwardly appear detached. I have learned to protect myself from the pain.

This team is consistently adept at only one thing. Finding new and devious ways of cracking that well crafted emotional shield, wedging through that crack with the fickle fingers of hope, and then beating me into an emotional coma that lasts for days.

This team is my drug. I can't shake the habbit no matter how bad it may be for my health and well-being. I know I should stop watching - that I will be emotionally more stable for making that stand. But I won't. I just can't bring myself to miss a game. I know it will happen again. They'll do something to bring the spark of hope to this eternal darkness and I'll sit up in my chair again. I know they'll only rip my heart out in the end, too. But I just keep coming back and coming back again. Masacistic, really. Such is the way it is for this bedraggled Bills fan.

How many of you feel this way? I guess when I originally started my "Why?" thread, this was the sentiment I was trying to convey.

Well stated Throne Logic, well stated.

Michael82
10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Forked from: Why? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2153173)

How many of you feel this way? I guess when I originally started my "Why?" thread, this was the sentiment I was trying to convey.

Well stated Throne Logic, well stated.
Wow, that is brilliantly stated. It's exactly how I feel.

:bf1:

BlackMetalNinja
10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Yup... you got it.

I can't count how many times Monday night, and really every week, Paul and I were watching the game, starting to get excited, then quickly saying, but it's Buffalo they'll break our hearts... yet we keep letting them get our hopes up in new and different ways.

OpIv37
10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Being a Bills fan is like having Battered Women's Syndrome. No matter how bad it gets, we keep coming back thinking that somehow everything will be fine- and sometimes it is for a while. But in the end, we just end up getting kicked down the basement stairs again.

shelby
10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
:wave:

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
:wave:
All too true!:respect: