PDA

View Full Version : Question from a Jets fan RE: Your QB situation

NoodlearmchadforMVP
10-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey guys, i have finally been able to face the facts since you guys man-handled us, and you did it with a pretty damn good QB in Edwards.

I really think that if Losman was the QB at the time the jets and bills played that the jets would win, and i think that they would have gotten their asses kicked by the cowbodys, personally i think that this Trent Edwards guy is pretty freakin good and should have the job until he proves it shouldnt be his.

Do you guys want JP to start this week? Or do you want Trent to start this week?

TacklingDummy
10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I want JP to start this week and then the following week against the Ravens I don't know what I want.

LtBillsFan66
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
We will not lose this week. That much is guaranteed.

We aren't going to the playoffs, so I don't mind JP coming back and proving why he should or shouldn't be the starter. I don't think it would be bad if Trent had some time to let his starts sink in and for him to work on what he has to. He's a smart guy, so I think he'd make the most of his time off.

NoodlearmchadforMVP
10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
billsfanone...this is the first time ever i believe that we have talked about a topic where we werent *****ing at eachother, btw congrats on that win against us...we're just pathetic. Im surprised that a lot of you guys are pulling for JP to be quite honest.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Hey guys, i have finally been able to face the facts since you guys man-handled us, and you did it with a pretty damn good QB in Edwards.

I really think that if Losman was the QB at the time the jets and bills played that the jets would win, and i think that they would have gotten their asses kicked by the cowbodys, personally i think that this Trent Edwards guy is pretty freakin good and should have the job until he proves it shouldnt be his.

I personally cannot see how anybody cannot recognize this as well. Trent out of the box is a better QB and runs this offense better, imagine him with a season or two under his belt.

Wraith
10-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Do you guys want JP to start this week? Or do you want Trent to start this week?

Wasn't Losman the quarterback when we beat you 31 - 13, in your house, when you were on the way to the playoffs?

LtBillsFan66
10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
billsfanone...this is the first time ever i believe that we have talked about a topic where we werent *****ing at eachother

That's half right. I don't think I ever "*****ed" at you.

mchurchfie
10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Wasn't Losman the quarterback when we beat you 31 - 13, in your house, when you were on the way to the playoffs?
That's back when we had the best RB in the League.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2007, 02:02 PM

The 3rd best RB in terms of yardage in the NFL this year, so far.

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
he still threw for 2 td's.

mchurchfie
10-11-2007, 02:08 PM
The 3rd best RB in terms of yardage in the NFL this year, so far.
I think that's more a byproduct of none of the RBs are doing very outstanding so far this year. Its respectable but its not like he is tearing up the league with his running right now.

NoodlearmchadforMVP
10-11-2007, 02:52 PM

even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Trent. Period.

DynaPaul
10-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm for Edwards getting the start after JP comes in and blows his absolute last chance at being the man here.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Outside of this forum there are very few people that think JP should see the field agaon.

If I weren't a Bills fan I wouldn't even be considering the argument.

Maybe I'm becoming dumber posting here because I'm not 100% sure who should start. I think it should be Edwards but JP somehow hasn't proved he sucks enough for me yet??!! How sad is that?

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Outside of this forum there are very few people that think JP should see the field agaon.

If I weren't a Bills fan I wouldn't even be considering the argument.

Maybe I'm becoming dumber posting here because I'm not 100% sure who should start. I think it should be Edwards but JP somehow hasn't proved he sucks enough for me yet??!! How sad is that?

Partial man crush, you'll get over it. Then you can console Justa on his full blown case.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I really think that if Losman was the QB at the time the jets and bills played that the jets would win, and i think that they would have gotten their asses kicked by the cowbodys

i agree but try telling that to the Lickers.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 06:29 PM
billsfanone...this is the first time ever i believe that we have talked about a topic where we werent *****ing at eachother, btw congrats on that win against us...we're just pathetic. Im surprised that a lot of you guys are pulling for JP to be quite honest.

the man crushes run rampant in here.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Partial man crush, you'll get over it. Then you can console Justa on his full blown case.

:roflmao:

prinycesa07
10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Edwards.

But damn we have 2 hot QBs :dance:

churchinski
10-11-2007, 09:33 PM

those of us with a brain want edwards to start

but there are a lot of 'lickers' too

JD
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Outside of this forum, most people I know are pulling for Edwards. I sent a text message to people in my phone who are avid Bills fans asking "When JP is healthy, would you rather have him start.. or Trent Edwards?"

Out of 145 Bills fans:

Edwards 103
JP 42

We discuss it during class too. JP looks uneasy in the pocket, while Trent looks poised, calm and confident. Losman has had his chance and failed to be a QB that could take us anywhere so it is time we give Trent the shot we gave JP.

In Trent we trust :up:

TigerJ
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Chris Brown the BuffaloBills.com makes the point that by starting Losman agains the Ravens, the Bills retain the option of then going to Edwards. Edwards is going to be a Bill for several years at least, the length of his rookie contract. If they start Edwards versus Baltimore, they have essetially made their decision and Losman is locked out of any possible future as the Bills QB. You only do that if you are absolutely sure. I can see Brown's point whether or not he's a shill for the Buffalo Bills. If I were to bet money on who finally ends up as Buffalos starting QB long term, I would lean toward Edwards, but I want the Bills to be sure of their decision. If that has to take a few games, we probably aren't going to the playoffs anyway. If we end up with a QB that is going to be a starter for the next decade and lead a productive offense, I suppose it's worth it to be sure.

mybills
10-12-2007, 06:38 AM
You're a jets fan, what do you know?

I want both of them on the roster. I don't care who the starter ends up being next year, but I want both of them. We always have an idiot for a backup, this time we had Edwards. If he starts next year, I hope JP restructures and backs him up. Like Trent, he's not an idiot, either. But I'll get groans for saying that, by the JP haters who want him gone now. Thanks for humoring them. :down: JP has to start against Baltimore for more reasons than just, "I can't stand him". :shakeno:

NoodlearmchadforMVP
10-12-2007, 09:05 AM
You're a jets fan, what do you know?

I want both of them on the roster. I don't care who the starter ends up being next year, but I want both of them. We always have an idiot for a backup, this time we had Edwards. If he starts next year, I hope JP restructures and backs him up. Like Trent, he's not an idiot, either. But I'll get groans for saying that, by the JP haters who want him gone now. Thanks for humoring them. :down: JP has to start against Baltimore for more reasons than just, "I can't stand him". :shakeno:

jesus christ, chill out man, just a simple question. Believe me, i know what im about to say is really, really stupid...but here goes:

I say you start trent edwards this weekend, and try to trade losman...now here me out. Look at all the teams that are looking for a capable qb. Now IMO losman doesnt count in that category for me, but the chiefs, vikings, bears, and some other teams need a qb. Im sure you can get a 3rd rounder for him. I have the same view with the jets, i think kellen clemens should start this week and we should try to unload chad on somebody, for something. neither the jets or bills are winning anything this year, you you might as well put your young guys in, allow for growing pains this year and get a return on your investment w/ a draft pick.

ok, there is my stupid view.

Mitchy moo
10-12-2007, 09:25 AM
jesus christ, chill out man, just a simple question. Believe me, i know what im about to say is really, really stupid...but here goes:

I say you start trent edwards this weekend, and try to trade losman...now here me out. Look at all the teams that are looking for a capable qb. Now IMO losman doesnt count in that category for me, but the chiefs, vikings, bears, and some other teams need a qb. Im sure you can get a 3rd rounder for him. I have the same view with the jets, i think kellen clemens should start this week and we should try to unload chad on somebody, for something. neither the jets or bills are winning anything this year, you you might as well put your young guys in, allow for growing pains this year and get a return on your investment w/ a draft pick.

ok, there is my stupid view.

JP killed Miami, one would think they might give a 2nd for him and maybe even a first. We drafted him pretty early years ago and I would like that pick back.

justasportsfan
10-12-2007, 09:30 AM
JP killed Miami, one would think they might give a 2nd for him and maybe even a first. We drafted him pretty early years ago and I would like that pick back.
get informed. They just drafted a qb. If your reasoning is that JP torched them, well JP struggled against the Pats. So why would they want to trade for him again? Sheez.

JD
10-14-2007, 04:40 AM
If for some reason they trade edwards i will never watch a bills game again. It is the unthinkable, so im sure marv could pull it off

mybills
10-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Who's more valuable, Trent or JP?