PDA

View Full Version : So If JP Shouldn't Lose His Job To Injury..What About Youboty?

raphael120
10-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I heard the agruement for JP that no one should be unseated of their starting position due to injury...

What about Youboty getting injured and Greer stepping in?

I think everyone can agree Greer is playing his ass off right now and agrueably is the BEST CB on this team. I think the coaches believe this too. Look who was covering TO and Moss. Greer. If McGee is the starter here...why isn't he good enough to cover these #1 WRs?

So what should we do? Bench Greer for McGee and Youboty to start?

I say we bench toast McGee and start Greer and Youboty. We know what we have in McGee. McGee has dropped 5 easy INT's so far this season, including two Monday night. We had players like Wilson, Crowell, and Digiorgio catching INT yet our first string CB couldn't catch a cold.

Youboty may develop into a better CB than McGee, so give him the start with Greer. Greer has shown why he should be starting in this league. Give him the nod.

Goobylal
10-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Greer should NOT lose his starting job. If anyone, McGee should go back to being the nickel CB, where he'd excel.

Elminster
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Mmmm. Greer is amazing. One wonders why we bothered signing that scrub Webster in the first place. Youboty was playing well too. Perhaps McGee should be demoted. In any case, Greer ought to stay on the field as much as possible. Virtually shutting down TO is no mean feat. And Wilson really stepped up too.

OpIv37
10-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Greer should NOT lose his starting job. If anyone, McGee should go back to being the nickel CB, where he'd excel.

Youboty and Greer as our starting CB's doesn't make you nervous at all?

I do agree that Greer has played well and earned the right to be on the field.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 01:39 PM

I do agree that Greer has played well and earned the right to be on the field.

You think?? :bandwagon

raphael120
10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I think Youboty can make just as many mistakes as veteran McGee does already. At least Youboty can learn from those mistakes and get better, while it seems like McGee is at a plateau.

shelby
10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
We definitely need to keep Greer as a starter.

i think Youbouty should be allowed to start as well.

Mahdi
10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I think Youboty can make just as many mistakes as veteran McGee does already. At least Youboty can learn from those mistakes and get better, while it seems like McGee is at a plateau.
Any combination of those 3 is fine by me. Im intrigued by Wilson as a starter. He brings nice size, speed and the hands of a WR. He might carve out a starting spot of his own by season's end. As if we werent one of the deepest teams in the NFL already, we might be heading into next year with a starter for a backup at most positions on D.

Goobylal
10-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Considering how nervous you were about McCargo and Walker...

I'd also like to see what Jerametrious Butler brings to the table as a nickel/dime DB.

Bruce is Loose
10-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Its different because a #2 QB never plays where as a CB or any other position has packages and rotations and can get in to play/prove themselves.
QB is so cut and dry. Choose just one (unless you are the Cards or a college team)

DynaPaul
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Different situation there. On the field there are 2 to 4 CB's on the field given what defense we have in there. On offense there is only 1 QB playing. If Greer and Youboty look like the best options then they should be on the field in our base defensive package.

Philagape
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I've said before McGee is not a Cover 2 CB. He has great athleticism and will make nice plays here and there but also will be caught out of position just as much if not more.
Greer has shown that not only can he make the play but seems to be in the right place at the right time.
Youboty hasn't been in there enough to stand out either way, but he was drafted for this D, unlike McGee.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Any combination of those 3 is fine by me. Im intrigued by Wilson as a starter. He brings nice size, speed and the hands of a WR. He might carve out a starting spot of his own by season's end. As if we werent one of the deepest teams in the NFL already, we might be heading into next year with a starter for a backup at most positions on D.

Oh I hope your right.:respect:

TaylorThePirate
10-11-2007, 09:28 PM
thats why mcgee is are starting cb cause he would of had 5 interceptions. it tells u something right? who cares if he coudnt catch them, still made the plays.

TigerJ
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Jauron says he doesn't buy into the philosophy that a starter shouldn't lose his starting position because of injury. I assume that applies to both QB and CB. The two positions are quite different. The backup QB is only ever going to play when the starter is injured or in garbage time at the end of a game with a lopsided score. A backup CB can get lots of playing time, whenever the offense uses multiple receiver sets, and to give the starter a breather. I think Greer certainly has earned a starting position, but I also think Youboty is starting to develop nicely. McGee does have some faults as a CB, but I don't necessarily think he's as bad as some make him out to be. I like the competition, and I think it bodes well for the secondary in the future.

djjimkelly
10-12-2007, 12:58 AM

its definately not gonna hurt us next year that we gonna have lots of experience on the bench.:goodpost:

Mahdi
10-12-2007, 07:56 AM
its definately not gonna hurt us next year that we gonna have lots of experience on the bench.:goodpost:
It also allows us to sacrifice players and not having to pay out big contracts when we have capable players behind them ala the Colts.

jamze132
10-12-2007, 08:23 AM
It's not going to hurt us to grab the best available CB in round 2-3 next year. Maybe even round 1 depending on where we pick and who is available.

Mahdi
10-12-2007, 08:30 AM
It's not going to hurt us to grab the best available CB in round 2-3 next year. Maybe even round 1 depending on where we pick and who is available.
Round 1 should either be DT or WR.

SquishDaFish
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Now a days you need 3-4 CBs on the field at once anyways. So he basically will be starting anyway.

raphael120
10-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Man, and Greer has been on our roster for how long now!? Good thing our 2 starters got injured or we would know nothing about him other than preseason. Now if only someone could be the "Greer" in the WR corps.