PDA

View Full Version : Points At A Premium

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
"We weren't very good on third down and we weren't very good in the penalty area," said Fairchild. "We took ourselves out of some chances with penalties. When you do those things you're going to stall out."

No chit Sherlock

From coaches to players we have to come together and try to figure out a way to get the ball in our best players' hands," said Robert Royal. "That's obviously Marshawn Lynch and Lee Evans. It's frustrating knowing that we have the talent to do it. We've got every piece of the puzzle you need to be a productive offense. We've just got to try to find a way to get it done."
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5395
:tap:

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Evans however, isn't sure the offense took enough risks last week with respect to the vertical passing game.

"Sometimes you've got to take chances and we really didn't do that," said Evans. "There were opportunities, but we didn't take them. It was one of those games where even though we were moving the ball at times a little bit, we did things to check it down and keep it short and keep it running. We really didn't take a big chance. That was the difference."

And not being able to deliver points with big plays or otherwise is what has been so agonizing for the offensive players. They feel like they're letting their teammates down on the other side of ball.

"When you feel like you didn't do your part to win a game it's very frustrating," said Evans. "On the offensive side of the ball we haven't really done a whole lot. We got a win against the Jets which was good, but offensively we really haven't done a lot. We really haven't played consistently well enough to help our team win games. And that's the frustrating part because we can and we haven't."

Wow Evans is very vocal about the O. He's almost pointing fingers like his mentor Moulds. Let's get rid of him . Who's with me?

OpIv37
10-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, this is Evans' 3rd year and the first two weren't exactly stellar, yet he never ran his mouth before.... what does that tell you?

I'd get rid of Fairchild first.

raphael120
10-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I'd be pissed off if my boss was an ******* and was prohibiting me from doing my best work possible and knew that a 10 year old who is familiar with Madden could do better than Fairchild.