PDA

View Full Version : Why would we change anything about the defense we had last week

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Besides the Prevent curl up and die D in the last few series that was called by the coaches, we had a great showing. I mean my god, we traumatized Romo all night and forced the QB into bad decisions. What more could you ask for then that??

Don't fix what isn't broken, right?

Bufftp
10-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't think that D will work against everybody, well for instance lets say marsha Brady.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't think that D will work against everybody, well for instance lets say marsha Brady.

Well what D has worked well against them yet??

justasportsfan
10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Who said we're changing the D anyways?

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Besides the Prevent curl up and die D in the last few series that was called by the coaches, we had a great showing. I mean my god, we traumatized Romo all night and forced the QB into bad decisions. What more could you ask for then that?
Perhaps, once in a great while, a little pressure on the QB?

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Perhaps, once in a great while, a little pressure on the QB?

If we're tipping balls and getting pick 6's (2) how much more do we want?? A little better plan at the end would of been nice but that wasn't the player's fault.

Mahdi
10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
I hope they use that Creep defense more often. The reason it was effective is because Dallas didnt want to run on it so the pass became predictable giving our speedy Defense a chance to make plays. It also made Romo worry about where pressure was coming from.

bigbub2352
10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Maybe cause when it truly mattered they walked down the feild 3 times and won the game, no pressure on the QB, soft zone coverage that allowed an 80yd drive, u gotta remember too that some of those INTs were just bad throws by Romo not the scheme fooling him, Wilson, Digorgio, Kelsay, Greer and Crowell picks were very good plays by the D, plus u gotta remember what the other 4 teams did to us that we played already we were ranked 32 in the league remember?

Patti120
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I hope they use that Creep defense more often. The reason it was effective is because Dallas didnt want to run on it so the pass became predictable giving our speedy Defense a chance to make plays. It also made Romo worry about where pressure was coming from.

I definitely like the creep D. I've seen NE run it with success too.

raphael120
10-11-2007, 02:32 PM
That defense works wonders for the Pittsburgh Steelers and it's why they are always a top 15 D. They have those complex looks and blitz schemes, you have no idea where the blitzer is coming from or if theyre even blizting at all. Cept for us, we have faster personnel which means we can go from faking a blitz to getting back in coverage so much faster than the Steelers. I remember the Steelers game vs. Indy where the Steelers D was knockin Manning on his ass all day long and he was so frustrated and Manning fell out of his element. It's what we did to Romo. If our defense could do as well in that scheme as we did then, even half as well as we did, and get our offense actually rolling, we could be a dangerous team. I shudder at the thought of how bad we wouldve beat the Cowboys if we had an offense that scored. 50-17 is a very conservative score.

Mahdi
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
That defense works wonders for the Pittsburgh Steelers and it's why they are always a top 15 D. They have those complex looks and blitz schemes, you have no idea where the blitzer is coming from or if theyre even blizting at all. Cept for us, we have faster personnel which means we can go from faking a blitz to getting back in coverage so much faster than the Steelers. I remember the Steelers game vs. Indy where the Steelers D was knockin Manning on his ass all day long and he was so frustrated and Manning fell out of his element. It's what we did to Romo. If our defense could do as well in that scheme as we did then, even half as well as we did, and get our offense actually rolling, we could be a dangerous team. I shudder at the thought of how bad we wouldve beat the Cowboys if we had an offense that scored. 50-17 is a very conservative score.
Ill be real mad if I dont see that defense used on a consistent basis. It stops the run and confuses the pass. Fewell better stick to his guns.

Patti120
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Ill be real mad if I dont see that defense used on a consistent basis. It stops the run and confuses the pass. Fewell better stick to his guns.

I agree. Even with a D that is completely healthy I can't imagine why we wouldn't run it. I would be pi$$ed if they throw it out the window.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
If we're tipping balls and getting pick 6's (2) how much more do we want?? A little better plan at the end would of been nice but that wasn't the player's fault.
Oh, an occasional sack would be nice.

Our DEs aren't playing badly - and Kelsay's tip and interception were great - but doesn't the job description for DEs still include sacks?

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh, an occasional sack would be nice.

Our DEs aren't playing badly - and Kelsay's tip and interception were great - but doesn't the job description for DEs still include sacks?

:respect: , Good point but turnovers and points from the D never hurt the old scoreboard.

Oaf
10-11-2007, 04:07 PM
I do agree that credit is deserved for the coaches for getting the team to stand up like they did against the Dboys. 6 turnovers when we've had like 4 all year wasn't a fluke, it was gameplanning.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I do agree that credit is deserved for the coaches for getting the team to stand up like they did against the Dboys. 6 turnovers when we've had like 4 all year wasn't a fluke, it was gameplanning.

Mix in working with the talent they had out there, with a great effort and we might win a few.

GarnOFreak
10-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Besides the Prevent curl up and die D in the last few series ....

The "curl up and die D" ?

That must have been what the Colts were playing against when their players would end their catches by plopping down and sitting 5 yards in front of defenders just to stay in bounds and run out the clock the other. That was hilarious, they got a shot of Peyton watching Reggie Wayne just kind of fall down to all fours in slow motion and you could see the thought, "what the hell is that?".

jamze132
10-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Besides the Prevent curl up and die D in the last few series that was called by the coaches, we had a great showing. I mean my god, we traumatized Romo all night and forced the QB into bad decisions. What more could you ask for then that??

Uh...guard the sidelines when there is less then 20 seconds left?

YardRat
10-12-2007, 05:24 AM
The defense is still giving up way too many third down conversions.

Mitchy moo
10-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Uh...guard the sidelines when there is less then 20 seconds left?

Top line addresses that small disclaimer. The D did there part to help us win that game and I would take that kind of performance gladly anyday.