PDA

View Full Version : 4 Very Winnable Games After The Bye

raphael120
10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Baltimore at home, Baltimore is overrated and their defense is showing its age.

We got Miami, which we should win, Cincy, which I have faith our defense will be ok and keep us in it, and we have the Jets again who are looking worse and worse.

The stipulation is that I think our defense is up to the task of these struggling offenses we face, what I'm worried about is our offense. If our offense can somehow get out of it's little stupor and start to play some ball, there is no reason why we should lose against some of the leagues worst defenses aside from Baltimore (and even they are ranked in the middle of the NFL).

4 game winning streak after the bye, it's very possible.

I'll take 5-4 at that point, then we got the Pats...then hellooooo .500. Hahaha.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2007, 02:56 PM
The reason that we won't be 5-4 is the same reason that we are not 3-2 right now.

raphael120
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
The reason that we won't be 5-4 is the same reason that we are not 3-2 right now.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

5-4 is the way for Jauron & Co. to keep their jobs.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Poor teams continually find new and innovative ways to lose. I don't think we've even scratched the surface on how to piss games away.

If we win 1 of the next 4, I'll be almost happy.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Poor teams continually find new and innovative ways to lose. I don't think we've even scratched the surface on how to piss games away.

Funny and true!!

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Funny and true!!
I've decided to employ a variety of bitter and cynical defense mechanisms, so that I'll never again get my hopes up too much. This team always rips my guts out when I do.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I've decided to employ a variety of bitter and cynical defense mechanisms, so that I'll never again get my hopes up too much. This team always rips my guts out when I do.

They used to say that keeps you healthy, in medivial times. The Bills went all medivial on us.

Oaf
10-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Didn't you say we'd be 4-12 this season? Where's this second wind coming from? :laugh:

Who knows what a loss like this will do to a team.

During our playoff run in '04 where we started 0-4, many people said that would not have happened had we not started 2-2 or 3-3. They said the team grew around those losses.

Who's to say that if we were 3-2 we'd drop an egg or three now rather than before? At least we got them out of the way.

Because of this team's youth we should be much better the last 8 games then the first 8.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Didn't you say we'd be 4-12 this season? Where's this second wind coming from? :laugh:

Who knows what a loss like this will do to a team.

During our playoff run in '04 where we started 0-4, many people said that would not have happened had we not started 2-2 or 3-3. They said the team grew around those losses.

Who's to say that if we were 3-2 we'd drop an egg or three now rather than before? At least we got them out of the way.

Because of this team's youth we should be much better the last 8 games then the first 8.

If not because of schedule alone we should as well (minus NE).

Saratoga Slim
10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Baltimore at home, Baltimore is overrated and their defense is showing its age.

We got Miami, which we should win, Cincy, which I have faith our defense will be ok and keep us in it, and we have the Jets again who are looking worse and worse.

The stipulation is that I think our defense is up to the task of these struggling offenses we face, what I'm worried about is our offense. If our offense can somehow get out of it's little stupor and start to play some ball, there is no reason why we should lose against some of the leagues worst defenses aside from Baltimore (and even they are ranked in the middle of the NFL).

4 game winning streak after the bye, it's very possible.

I'll take 5-4 at that point, then we got the Pats...then hellooooo .500. Hahaha.

What the hell, why not be optimistic?

Any chance we'll get Ellison back by Baltimore?

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
What the hell, why not be optimistic?

Any chance we'll get Ellison back by Baltimore?

Yep, there is a chance.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
They used to say that keeps you healthy, in medivial times. The Bills went all medivial on us.
This team just proves the old adage, "Expect the worse, then you won't be disappointed."

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:38 PM
This team just proves the old adage, "Expect the worse, then you won't be disappointed."

OP's & Mr. Cynical M.O., I'm starting to get it now.:bandwagon

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I've gone over to the dark side - and it feels pretty damned good.

I'm now free of the burden of any positive expectations.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I've gone over to the dark side - and it feels pretty damned good.

I'm now free of the burden of any positive expectations.

Do you now understand the power of the dark side????

raphael120
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM

Ah to revisit all those Homers vs. Realists posts.

Realists always win when it comes to the buffalo bills it seems.

Mitchy moo
10-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Ah to revisit all those Homers vs. Realists posts.

Realists always win when it comes to the buffalo bills it seems.

Not if their JP realists, that's their achilles heal.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Do you now understand the power of the dark side????
Yes. I feel almost Belichick-like, but without the success.

raphael120
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes. I feel almost Belichick-like, but without the success.
Your Super Spy Camera is in the mail!