X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hey
    • Mar 2003

How can you think that?

Why do bills fans think that just because they got takeo spikes and sam adams that you will will go to the superbowl?Or be a top 5 defense?You still need pass rushing defensive end's and for you'r corners to step up and get some interception's.Before you played the fins u had zero int's.By the way if you didn't notice I put periods on my sentences just to make you happy
    miami=superbowl
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Well we still swept you with our terrible D. Now watch and see what happens again and again! Go Bills!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

we can think that because we are optimistic and happy that we are making moves.. how can you think the fins are going to do even as good as last year.. all the other teams in the division made moves to improve, while you guys watch... watch with the same team that was not good enough for the last 5 years, and will be worse this year.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

Nice spacing in your typing there.

Stay away from open paint cans.

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          we can think that because we are optimistic and happy that we are making moves.. how can you think the fins are going to do even as good as last year.. all the other teams in the division made moves to improve, while you guys watch... watch with the same team that was not good enough for the last 5 years, and will be worse this year.
          SOOOO TRUE!

My question is when are your Fins going to Jump into FA???

How many weeks has it been?

How many signings you got??

What is the cap space you have after Ricky did so well and you STILL didn't make the playoffs?

A top running back and 2 CBs does not a team make!

Come on you guys use our toss away OL guys!!!!!!!!!!
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

just wait for all the fin fans to talk smack when and if they get over the hell Junior Seau. Too bad no matter who is on their team they still always fold come December.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

I'll field this question (nod to Don Rumsfeld) I've been meaning to do a preliminary review of our new front four... and this looks like as good a place as any to post one.

~~About a pass rushing end (or for that matter a pass rush at all)
              We have our starters at end pretty much penciled in for next year... they are Aaron Schobel and Marcus Jones.

Marcus Jones (before his injury riddled seasons) was a pro bowl pass rusher for the Tampa Bay Bucs... he had 13 sacks in his last full healthy year. The question that you should have asked is not who we'll start, but if he'll be as good as the Pro Bowler he was. If Jones returns to form we'll have a 10+ sack man providing a strong side rush we didn't have last season. As an added bonus, Jones is a big end who has played UT in passing situations and has racked up some good sacks from the inside rush. This flexibility will allow us to keep Jones on the field, and get our other FA pickup, McKenzie on the field to provide what should be a ferocious pass rush on 3rd or 4th and long situations.

Schobel, you guys know. But I get the sense that Miami fans tend to over look him. Remember that Schobel has been the only pass rushing threat the Bills have fielded the last two years, as Schobel has lead our team in sacks both his first two seasons. Playing entirely from the RE, against the best left tackles since his first game in the NFL Aaron Schobel has racked up more sacks his first two years (15) than did Jason Taylor (14)... furthermore both these men are outside rushers in an identical mold. When you consider the fact that Taylor was surrounded by far superior line talent than was Schobel (over the same period), you have to admit the future looks bright for the Bills pass rush.

Here is a little comparison between Schobel and Taylor (their first two years)
              Schobel 6.5 sacks in y1, 8.5sacks y2
              Taylor 5sacks in y1, 9sacks in y2

Furthermore Taylor's first two years were on a far superior front four (Bowens and Gardner) than Schobel's (Williams and nobody)

That is just with the DL, we also added Jeff Posey as our Strong Side Linebacker. Posey is a guy who racked up 8 sacks in only part time duty for the Houston Texans... he'll bring more speed and better up-field presence to our LB corps than we had with Newman. Posey also has successfully rushed the passer from the down lineman position, which will allow us to keep him on the field as a “DE” for long passing situations.

So you can see our pass rush should be substantially improved over last season's, assuming Jones returns to form, Posey contributes 6-8 sacks and Schobel doesn't take the step back Taylor did in his 3rd year (only 2.5 sacks). What you should be seeing is better performance out of our front four, and a better pass rush because, even a mediocre Sam Adams vastly improves upon what we had last year, and will soak up blockers.
              Last edited by Ingtar33; 03-26-2003, 12:10 AM.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

hell yeah ingtar.. thats the kind of football knowledge i love..

Hey (nice name).. how do you like those apples?

drew vs dolfelons.. 2-0
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LVGrown
                  Vegas Growed
                  • Jul 2002

Ingtar ... I think you need to go post that over at finheaven! I really wanna see some fish fan replys after that one! I can see it now ... Fish Fan - "it doesnt matter, the buffalo bills still finished DEAD LAST last season." That seems to be there defense for everything.

Erin

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla admin
                    • Jul 2002

Excellent post, Ingtar

originally posted by hey
                    By the way if you didn't notice I put periods on my sentences just to make you happy
                    Thank you!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                      Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                      • Aug 2002

Hey, Hey: (huh?)

Now you can start working on the advanced course material: commas and spacing.
                      Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

i remember not too long ago that there was this team that was talking Super Bowl when they acquired ricky williams.

what happened???

they failed to make the playoffs.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

Intgar, I wuv you!

I think the standard response from phish fans when responding to our revamped D is "Who cares, Ricky will still run all over them"

I still love the one post that said something like "Ricky ran over Takeo when we played the Bengals, Sam when we played the Raiders, and Posey when we played the Texans."

The a bills fan came back with, "Yeah, now put all 3 on the field at once"

Thats awesome!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Great reply Ing! I don't think Hey was ready for such a knowledgable response!

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

The two starting corners were also considered one of the best young tandoms in the league per ESPN. Without much of a pass rush last season it made it tough on the DB's. However, most of the opposing teams passing yard came against Chris Watson who's NOT a starting corner nor is he a cover guy. He was a nickel back the year before forced to play on the outside due to an injury. Teams were also able to run up the gut last season which they can't do now. Having the DB's make tackles downfield all game against power backs like Ricky Williams, Curtis Martin, Lamont Jordan, Antwain Smith doesn't help pass coverage either. Now, OL's can't just double team Pat Williams and send the other guard at the LB. The LB's will be able to run more freely and make tackles more easily. We already had London Fletcher who's very fast as well as a probowler now we also have the best weakside backer in the game. We need depth and a free safety. We didn't have 11 huge holes on D, there were 3 or 4 that were the cause of all our defensive problems. I think anyone who believes that 1 or 2 key guys can't make a difference doesn't understand football or sports in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X