Why has the defense gotten better even though we our more hurt than ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Why has the defense gotten better even though we our more hurt than ever??

Time of possession has changed drastically w/ TE in there:

Team Stat Comparison

1st Downs2414
    3rd down efficiency

9-153-13
    4th down efficiency

0-01-2
    Total Yards385229
    Passing309148
    Comp-Att

29-5023-31
    Yards per pass

Rushing7681
    Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties5-315-49
    Turnovers61
    Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession27:2932:31

Team Stat Comparison
    1st Downs2019
    3rd down efficiency

6-115-10
    4th down efficiency

1-11-1
    Total Yards346304
    Passing286218
    Comp-Att

32-3922-28
    Yards per pass

Rushing6086
    Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties9-656-38
    Turnovers22
    Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession27:4432:16

Team Stat Comparison
    1st Downs1227
    3rd down efficiency

4-114-10
    4th down efficiency

0-01-3
    Total Yards193485
    Passing83308
    Comp-Att

11-2123-29
    Yards per pass

Rushing110177
    Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties5-302-20
    Turnovers21
    Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession25:4134:19

Team Stat Comparison
    1st Downs1024
    3rd down efficiency

5-1311-16
    4th down efficiency

0-30-0
    Total Yards223420
    Passing121236
    Comp-Att

15-2521-34
    Yards per pass

Rushing102184
    Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties5-552-9
    Turnovers01
    Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession24:3335:27

Team Stat Comparison
    1st Downs2313
    3rd down efficiency

4-133-11
    4th down efficiency

2-21-1
    Total Yards470184
    Passing29972
    Comp-Att

23-3914-21
    Yards per pass

Rushing171112
    Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties3-315-40
    Turnovers11
    Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession33:1226:48
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Why has the defense gotten better even though we our more hurt than ever??

Do you think if we had another few minutes against Denver on the offense we would of won that game?? JP played healthy, the house was full and we couldn't stay on the field. That is the MAJOR reason why we lost. TE keeps us playing, even after 2 games he finds someone open and doesn't care who it is. There are no favorites, no supporters, just open people. There is no rush to Trent either, just annoyances.

Dallas ran guys at him all monday night, JP would of been on the sideline scrambling and Trent's in the pocket trying to deliver the ball to the open guy. Who is more likely to get a completion since we all like probability?

Face it folks, we have a new QB at the helm. We have a gamer that take his licks and makes passes cool and calm. 2 games folks and this guy looks like a 4 year vet, unreal.

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Because JP looks for the deep ball and misses open recievers.

And because Trent doesnt look for the deep ball and dumps it off usually, hence keeping the clock running but also not moving the ball very far down the field as a result of the short passes and dumpoffs.

Why can't we have a happy medium? If you put Trents brain in JPs body, I think we'd have one awesome QB.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by raphael120

And because Trent doesnt look for the deep ball and dumps it off usually, hence keeping the clock running but also not moving the ball very far down the field as a result of the short passes and dumpoffs.

Why can't we have a happy medium? If you put Trents brain in JPs body, I think we'd have one awesome QB.
        How about we get the coaches to get more aggressive to pass long / medium range more to keep the D honest? Thinking that Edwards can't throw a long ball is just being naive, real naive.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by raphael120

Trent admitted that he missed some of the deep shots.

Which is more likely? That JP wil develop a touch pass and be able to throw the checkdown or that Trent will gain confidence in throwing the ball deep?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

the D helped Trent by creating TO's skooby and what did the O do in return? Score 3 points. Time of possesion means nothing if you can only score 3 pts. Try again. skoobs. Dumb thread.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              the D helped Trent by creating TO's skooby and what did the O do in return? Score 3 points. Time of possesion means nothing if you can only score 3 pts. Try again. skoobs. Dumb thread.
              How much time did those turnovers put on the Time of Possession clocks, 20 seconds? Are you like just a complete JP homer that can't read this book, it sure looks like it.

What's funny here is the Homers are turning into realists and the realists into JP Homer's, it's unreal.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                How much time did those turnovers put on the Time of Possession clocks, 20 seconds? Are you like just a complete JP homer that can't read this book, it sure looks like it.

What's funny here is the Homers are turning into realists and the realists into JP Homer's, it's unreal.
                Adding to this, do you think that JP would of kept us out on the field anymore time than Trent did on those Turnovers??

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Skooby calling me a homer

Who's talking about JP? I guess you were when you started this thread in an attempt to make it look like the team is so much better with Trent as opposed to JP . Thought so.

Like I said, I like Trent but 3 points is 3 points. If you think scoring 3 points and losing the game makes the team so much better and I'm a homer, then you must have a manlove for Trent because 3 pts and losing the game is NOT better than winning time of possesion.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Adding to this, do you think that JP would of kept us out on the field anymore time than Trent did on those Turnovers??
                    I don't know what would've happened , but I do know 3 pts. is 3 pts inspite of having better TOP.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Skooby calling me a homer

Who's talking about JP? I guess you were when you started this thread in an attempt to make it look like the team is so much better with Trent as opposed to JP . Thought so.

Like I said, I like Trent but 3 points is 3 points. If you think scoring 3 points and losing the game makes the team so much better and I'm a homer, then you must have a manlove for Trent because 3 pts and losing the game is NOT better than winning time of possesion.
                      I suppose the man love for JP can explain his wonderful passing numbers? The guy has no idea how to manage a game or the field, is it really that hard too see?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

I don't know what would've happened , but I do know 3 pts. is 3 pts inspite of having better TOP.
                        True but the yardage JP has passing is still ~half the yard TE passing as well. What keeps us on the field more and gives us a better chance to score??

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Just ignore him. I'm not sure when he developed the JP crush but it's super obvious. I've yet to see an article that doesn't think Edwards is the better QB.

Personally, I would like to see JP develop and stay on the roster as a backup. Unfortunately, our coaching staff isn't innovative enough for that.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Just ignore him. I'm not sure when he developed the JP crush but it's super obvious. I've yet to see an article that doesn't think Edwards is the better QB.

Personally, I would like to see JP develop and stay on the roster as a backup. Unfortunately, our coaching staff isn't innovative enough for that.
                            Ok that's cool, as long as I am not the only one who's looking at it that way. He has been a avid supporter and really turned on the JP spin machine (which is spinning out).

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

When Trent was in on 3rd down, I would think, "okay we got this". And we often did.

When JP was in this season on 3rd down, I would think, "Please just one first down. For the D's sake." And we often didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X