• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Some postgame comments

-Dominant ST performance: 8-8 on the PK including 1:33 of 5-3, and they allowed some pathetically low number of shots, plus a shorty. 3 PP goals- the PP unit was making quick decisions and accurate passes, which prevented the D from rotating into position. It made a hell of a difference.

-Lydman sucks. The guy's good for at least two mental errors a game. One of Atlanta's few good scoring chances came when he tried to cut back in front of Miller with a Thrasher in his face. He also turned it over at the blue line.

-much to my surprise, Kotalik's return made a huge difference.

-Derrick Roy is no Briere or Drury but he just might be able to make up for some of the lost firepower.

-Having Connolly for the full season (fingers crossed) will help as well

-I have a feeling that some of the success was due to the fact that Atlanta blows, but **** it- for now, I'm just going to enjoy the annihilation.

-HDNet's coverage sucks. The video is fine but the announcers yap (at one point they spent like 10 min discussing the schedule and said nothing about the game), the clock didn't always start on the face off, and on some of the PP's they didn't even show the damn clock. Also, I think the announcers' hockey knowledge is lacking. The local guys in Buffalo do a much better job analyzing.

-Even though HDNet's coverage sucked, I'm glad I got to watch the game for once, especially in HD.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Some postgame comments

Connolly did a nice job of quarterbacking the PP
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• churchinski
      Senior Zoner
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
      -
      -Derrick Roy is no Briere or Drury but he just might be able to make up for some of the lost firepower.
      how is roy making up for lost firepower he was already part of the Sabres offense ?

so you can make up for what you lost with a player that was already on your roster and playing as a regular ?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by churchinski
        how is roy making up for lost firepower he was already part of the Sabres offense ?

so you can make up for what you lost with a player that was already on your roster and playing as a regular ?
        By scoring more than he did last year?

Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

church shut up

he is stepping into a bigger role, which is what he obviously meant. way to kill another thread, again.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

nice to have almost the whole week off to work on your game Lindy put the players through a rigourous practice leading up to this game tonight. By the way do you realize that we've only played 3 games while the rest of the league has played more games I hate The NHL and they're scheduling. Neale said something about this tonight in the broadcast.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Lydman doesn't suck... he's one of our top 2 defensemen, maybe 3rd behind Tallinder. You'd know that if you watched the whole season last year. He just didn't play real great last night, nor did he need to.

The defense as a whole was good last night, Atlanta had very few shots and practically no scoring chances.

Special Teams ruled, specifcally Timmy, Gaustad, and Kotalik. Campbell was also the man.

Even my wife noticed the HDNet broadcast sucked other than visually. Her comment was "How come I only hear the announcers and can't hardly hear anything from the ice, is that normal?"

We're on Vs. next week, so that's another HD game to watch as well, at least their announcers are slightly better.

I think the Sabres proved my point that the first 2 games were nothing to get bent out of shape over. It's going to take a little bit for guys to settle into their new roles, and I think we'll be fine once they do.

Comment

• pjw
                • Dec 2004

I think the best part of HDnet's broadcast was the couple of minutes when their commentary wasnt coming though during the powerplay. either that or they just didnt know what to say. It seemed like they were more interested in chatting about nonsense than calling the game. Got a 2 on 1 and they are talking about who is going to prauge for NEXT YEARS game. HELLO there is something going right now!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by pjw
                  I think the best part of HDnet's broadcast was the couple of minutes when their commentary wasnt coming though during the powerplay. either that or they just didnt know what to say. It seemed like they were more interested in chatting about nonsense than calling the game. Got a 2 on 1 and they are talking about who is going to prauge for NEXT YEARS game. HELLO there is something going right now!
                  Yes, the "sights and sounds" portion they did on a PP where they just shut up for almost a full 2 minutes was nice!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    Lydman doesn't suck... he's one of our top 2 defensemen, maybe 3rd behind Tallinder. You'd know that if you watched the whole season last year. He just didn't play real great last night, nor did he need to.

The defense as a whole was good last night, Atlanta had very few shots and practically no scoring chances.

Special Teams ruled, specifcally Timmy, Gaustad, and Kotalik. Campbell was also the man.

Even my wife noticed the HDNet broadcast sucked other than visually. Her comment was "How come I only hear the announcers and can't hardly hear anything from the ice, is that normal?"

We're on Vs. next week, so that's another HD game to watch as well, at least their announcers are slightly better.

I think the Sabres proved my point that the first 2 games were nothing to get bent out of shape over. It's going to take a little bit for guys to settle into their new roles, and I think we'll be fine once they do.
                    I didn't watch the whole season last year but I saw probably 30 games, plus heard a bunch more on the radio. Lydman seems good for 2+ mental errors a game. He gave up a goal in the opener with a stupid play at blue line and he had 2 stupid plays last night. You don't see guys like Tallinder and Campbell making those kinds of errors.

On the whole, though, the D played great. And hopefully the ST will gain confidence and build off of this.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

oh one thing I forgot- those "goaltender interference" calls were ridiculous. Maybe 1 of the 3 should have been called.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                      X