PDA

View Full Version : Thousands remain for Mondays game vs. Toronto

JD
10-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Bye bye sell out streak :sadwalk:

I blame this all on the organisation. Nobody wants to pay $65 for 300 Lvl seats that are NOT center ice.

Idiots!

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2007, 11:39 AM
They are stillamongst the cheapest in the NHL.

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I blame in on the fact that they play so far away from me! Plus it's nationally televised.

Dude
10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I'd go if I lived closer. :(

OpIv37
10-12-2007, 12:33 PM

I blame this all on the organisation. Nobody wants to pay $65 for 300 Lvl seats that are NOT center ice.

Idiots!

Apparently no one cared for the last year+. Sorry, but you can't blame prices after almost 60 consecutive sellouts.

I blame it on the organization for not realizing that people may pay $65 to see Drury and Briere, but Stafford and Pominville don't quite have the same drawing power.

Meathead
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
wow still thats shocking

i might take my cripple ass down there and see if i can get a ticket cheap. whos wit me

Michael82
10-12-2007, 03:39 PM

Idiots!
$65? Where did u find that? Those must be the nose bleed. :ill:

My seats were $82 per ticket! :puke:

churchinski
10-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Apparently no one cared for the last year+. Sorry, but you can't blame prices after almost 60 consecutive sellouts.

I blame it on the organization for not realizing that people may pay $65 to see Drury and Briere, but Stafford and Pominville don't quite have the same drawing power.
very true

of course for someone as arrogant as Quinn in his reality Drury and Briere took money over a chance to play for a winner....in Larry's mind Larry is the winning forumla, not the players ...he has inferred that once they leave to play elsewhere they are no longer winners

Larry is the winning formula
The team wins because Larry is in the front office making brilliant moves

gr8slayer
10-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I paid $150 a piece for my tickets :idunno:

JD
10-13-2007, 12:32 PM
gr8 loves hockey now woohoo :hi5:

gr8slayer
10-13-2007, 01:43 PM
gr8 loves hockey now woohoo :hi5:
Hardly, but it's now number four on the my list of least significant sports in the U.S.A. surpassing soccer. I tried to watch a soccer game live and literally fell asleep, that Sabres game the other night was fun and that's an impressive facility.

In Buffalo I think it's pretty clear that the Sabres are #1 though.

Michael82
10-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Hardly, but it's now number four on the my list of least significant sports in the U.S.A. surpassing soccer. I tried to watch a soccer game live and literally fell asleep, that Sabres game the other night was fun and that's an impressive facility.

In Buffalo I think it's pretty clear that the Sabres are #1 though.
Sabres #1? Really? I still think that the Bills are #1 all around Buffalo and Western NY. :::

gr8slayer
10-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Sabres #1? Really? I still think that the Bills are #1 all around Buffalo and Western NY. :::
That's the opinion I came away with after talking to the locals.

Michael82
10-13-2007, 10:33 PM
That's the opinion I came away with after talking to the locals.
interesting. Because in my mind, it seems like we are going back to the old Buffalo mentality....

Sabres season begins after the football season ends.

:idunno:

There were a bunch of people disguised as blue seats on Thursday and a ton today. Maybe they are all home sick or something? :scratch:

gr8slayer
10-13-2007, 10:36 PM
interesting. Because in my mind, it seems like we are going back to the old Buffalo mentality....

Sabres season begins after the football season ends.

:idunno:

There were a bunch of people disguised as blue seats on Thursday and a ton today. Maybe they are all home sick or something? :scratch:
I'm not saying it's a known fact. I'm simply saying that it's the idea I came away with. You, being a local would know better than I.

JD
10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
What do you describe as a "ton", mikey? I was there, maybe a hundred seats tops that were empty. out of 18,000+ i am SURE there are at least 100 alcoholic season ticket holders who hangout at the bar for the game and get smashed off hard liquor/showed up late/something came up... etc

BillsFever21
10-14-2007, 12:53 AM
This is one of the reasons why the NHL is the worse in the league. First of all their game just isn't that popular except in certain areas. Second of all they charge that much money for a hockey game? You have to be kidding me. More then a football ticket to see 1 game out of an 82 game schedule that doesn't have a real big significance?

The NHL needs to rob their diehard fans out of their money because they don't have crap coming in from their television contract and need to make up for the lack of interest nationally. Seriously. You call VS a real station? MSG? Most networks don't even have them station or if they do nobody has really even heard of them. It's too bad that the diehard fans have to shell out all of their money so the NHL owners can make their money.

Maybe they have to charge so much because a real television station doesn't want to carry their games which in turn is because the NHL has lower ratings then the WSOP does.

I've been to a few Sabres games with the buddies for something to do. Not in the past couple years though. I know I paid about 35-40 bucks for my ticket and thought that was crazy for an NHL game.

hammerbillsfan
10-14-2007, 12:59 AM
They charge so much cause it's a Leafs game.
Stupid thing is they schedule it on a Monday night. :shakeno:

Michael82
10-14-2007, 12:59 AM
What do you describe as a "ton", mikey? I was there, maybe a hundred seats tops that were empty. out of 18,000+ i am SURE there are at least 100 alcoholic season ticket holders who hangout at the bar for the game and get smashed off hard liquor/showed up late/something came up... etc
100 seats? no way. There was at least 1000, IMO.

BTW, Lecter and I saw you hanging outside the parking garage as we walked to our cars.

BillsFever21
10-14-2007, 01:09 AM
They charge so much cause it's a Leafs game.
Stupid thing is they schedule it on a Monday night. :shakeno:

I don't care what game it is or who they are playing. $80+ for a ticket to an NHL game is absurd.

It's funny that people will pay $80+ to see an NHL game but then cry when the Bills tickets get raised but are still far cheaper then that.

Not only is the NHL a very unpopular sport to most people but their games don't have any real importance to them with an 82 game schedule. Not like the NFL when every game makes all the difference in the world.

The NHL have you poor diehards fans by the balls and are making all their money off of your select group because nobody else in America will give it the time or the day. The diehard fans shouldn't suffer over it.

Michael82
10-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't care what game it is or who they are playing. $80+ for a ticket to an NHL game is absurd.

It's funny that people will pay $80+ to see an NHL game but then cry when the Bills tickets get raised but are still far cheaper then that.

Not only is the NHL a very unpopular sport to most people but their games don't have any real importance to them with an 82 game schedule. Not like the NFL when every game makes all the difference in the world.

The NHL have you poor diehards fans by the balls and are making all their money off of your select group because nobody else in America will give it the time or the day. The diehard fans shouldn't suffer over it.
Great post! :bf1:

hammerbillsfan
10-14-2007, 10:43 AM
$80+ for a ticket to an NHL game is absurd.
Tell that to Leafs' fans. :yap:

Sabres are going to jack up the Leafs game every single time so get use to it. :$:

SABuffalo786
10-14-2007, 10:46 AM
It'll sell out, don't you worry.

Might be more Leaf fans there but it WILL sell out.

Leaf games always sold out during the bad old pre-lockout days. I'd be shocked if this one didn't.

Nighthawk
10-14-2007, 11:06 AM

Exactly. It has nothing to do with the prices, but it has everything to do with the perception that this organization is not doing everything they can to bring a Cup to Buffalo.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
i'll be watching the game on Versus.a few of the boys from Buffalo are coming over for a BBQ and a beer drinking festivities.got the Chiavetta's sauce for the wings. :hungry:

JD
10-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Order some LA Novas pizza now, and get it by game time Saburz :up: