• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Definitive players

Marv wants character players on the team, players that can affect the outcome or help take control on the game. We have to have people that without a doubt accel at their respective position(s). There has been alot of changes because of injuries on our team and just because anyone person got injured that doesn't mean they should automatically get their jobs back. Nothing is set in stone at the NFL level accept eventual change. Players do not play forever, nor are they expected to.

Looking back throughout the history of the NFL, the most successful franchises on a long term basis had the depth necessary to move on without key players coming out of the mix. The players we're there, taught others how to play and moved on. Look back at San Fran and how they had Montana and Young at the same time. Montana could still play (as well he did) but Young was at a better place for them, a better fit at the time. We need players that fit our systems now and not try to get them to fit in the wrong place, that will bring a higher level of success and allow us to build for the future. Without us making changes to improve a losing line-up, you cannot obtain a winning line-up.

The moral of the story is we have players that can play now and others that maybe a little better or have more experience but do not fit our system. Keeping them here actually hurts us and them as well. Plan on some people taking a unexpected vacation from the team, sooner than you think.
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Definitive players

This team needs playmakers, not play followers on offense. The only playmaker I have seen so far, is Lynch when he wills himself into the endzone draging and pushing defenders with him. System players are great as long as the system works and no one figures it out. Playmakers make the system work for them.

Comment

• TaylorThePirate
      • Oct 2007

peanut butter and jelly

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by andyxc71
        This team needs playmakers, not play followers on offense. The only playmaker I have seen so far, is Lynch when he wills himself into the endzone draging and pushing defenders with him. System players are great as long as the system works and no one figures it out. Playmakers make the system work for them.

JP has shown to be a playmaker when the leesh is off how that has been is the other question.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
          I am the Man!
          • Mar 2004

Jabari Greer is a playmaker, yes he does get beat because of his lack of sick, but he always is around the ball. Hes going to be a starter for years to come!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I'll swap a little bit of character for talent at a few positions right about now.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
            X