Will Leonhard get the starting FS position back from Wilson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

Will Leonhard get the starting FS position back from Wilson?

Is Leonhard enough of an upgrade at FS for Wilson to be benched? I know Wilson had a good game against Dallas, but will he remain the starter after Leonhard is healthy?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Will Leonhard get the starting FS position back from Wilson?

Wilson had 1 int returned for a TD. That doesn't make him an upgrade over Leonard who's had 2 int's already.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
      • Jul 2002

There had to be a reason why Leonhard was 2nd string and Wilson was third.
      Is it because Leonhard has played the position longer?

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

I made a thread about this earlier as well. I think Wilson should start. My logic is in the thread I made before and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Comment

• Elminster
          #1 Kelsay Fan
          • Oct 2006

Wilson played great against Dallas, especially considering how long he's been a safety. Imagine how good he could be with some experience! I say you play Wilson, because Leonhard is as good as he'll ever be....
          Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
            It's because Wilson is a wide receiver.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Let both guys compete for PT and see who steps up to claim the position.. your starting FS has to have a unique combination of ball-hawking tackling ability and coverage skills.

Which ever guy shows natural ability to play the position will be the starter at FS and the other will be your nickle back.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                Leonhard is a guy you root for, a try-hard player who came in undrafted and worked his way onto the team.

That said, it is hard to imagine he will be anything more than a backup in the NFL. He may be able to carve out a role as a backup/ST'er, but I can't see him projecting as a starter in anything but an emergency basis. He is a midget, and small S generally don't last as anything other than ST'ers. He just isn't big enough to hold up.

Even a guy like Bob Sanders, who is Leonhard's height but a lot bigger and more physical, gets hurt all the time. If the Bills coaches think Wilson has any sort of future as a S, he should play over Leonhard.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Both are ball hawks so you do not go with one. Keep the player fast and running.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Jauron had been trying to switch Wilson to safety ever since they were together in Detroit.

If he can continue to improve, it'd be a great bonus to the Bill's secondary to have a d-back that can catch the ball.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Wilson has great upside at SS, because he's a newbie. Leonhard is what he is. Wilson stays.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
                        I made a thread about this earlier as well. I think Wilson should start. My logic is in the thread I made before and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
                        You forgot your logic from another thread? It must not have been very good, eh?

I don't think it really matters who starts back there. Everyone is going to play about the same amount of time each week since our team is ravaged with injuries. And let's call a spade a spade... When people are arguing over Wilson and Leonhard to be the statrter, we are doomed anyways...

Comment

Working...
                        X