PDA

View Full Version : Lindy benches Afinogenov in practice

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Wgrz's Adam Bengini reports that Lindy has benched Afinogenov in practice today because of his play in last night's game against the Thrashers. He is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow night when the Sabres take on the Capitals at the HSBC Arena

churchinski
10-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Ruff just does not see eye to eye with skill players.
If he had his way the entire team would be Gaustad and Paille clones

BTW I was told by one of these 'hockey experts' that one of the reasons Ruff opted to start last season with Paile over Stafford because Paille is a penatly killer

Paille was on the pk unit for 6 seconds vs the Thrashers

LOL hockey expert

83evans
10-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Wgrz's Adam Bengini reports that Lindy has benched Afinogenov in practice today because of his play in last night's game against the Thrashers. He is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow night when the Sabres take on the Capitals at the HSBC Arena

Well thats stupid. Why would you bench a player at practice. All that means is he wont be any less prepared tomarrow than he was yesturday.

qcsabresfan84
10-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Afinogenov is at the level where it's not going to hurt his game capabilities if he misses one practice. Lindy did this to send him a message just as he's done it before. I certainly trust Lindy's ability to get what he wants out of his skill players.

83evans
10-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Afinogenov is at the level where it's not going to hurt his game capabilities if he misses one practice. Lindy did this to send him a message just as he's done it before. I certainly trust Lindy's ability to get what he wants out of his skill players.

He does respond well to being benched. Remember during the playoffs he was benched and then the next game he had the game winning goal.

qcsabresfan84
10-13-2007, 09:13 PM
He does respond well to being benched. Remember during the playoffs he was benched and then the next game he had the game winning goal.
yup, and he did it again tonight rebounding with a goal and an assist after being benched.

gr8slayer
10-13-2007, 10:10 PM
He's number 61 right?

83evans
10-13-2007, 10:47 PM
He's number 61 right?

Is this a joke?

gr8slayer
10-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Is this a joke?
No.... I remember someone at the game telling me that Afinogenov is one of the best in the NHL when he has the puck. I find it odd that he's being benched if he truly is one of the best :idunno:

83evans
10-13-2007, 10:57 PM
No.... I remember someone at the game telling me that Afinogenov is one of the best in the NHL when he has the puck. I find it odd that he's being benched if he truly is one of the best :idunno:

He is the most exciting player in the NHL not one of the best. Lindy doesnt like him because he doesnt pass the puck and gets turnovers. He can make great plays sometimes but other times he can commit a horrible turnover.

gr8slayer
10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
He is the most exciting player in the NHL not one of the best. Lindy doesnt like him because he doesnt pass the puck and gets turnovers. He can make great plays sometimes but other times he can commit a horrible turnover.
Well I've only watched three Sabres games so far this season and I can honestly say he hasn't done anything special in my eyes (keep in mind I am ill-educated when it comes to hockey so you may see it differently.)

83evans
10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Well I've only watched three Sabres games so far this season and I can honestly say he hasn't done anything special in my eyes (keep in mind I am ill-educated when it comes to hockey so you may see it differently.)

This should help

http://video.google.com/url?docid=-1067057737605960684&esrc=sr9&ev=v&len=150&q=maxim%2Bafinogenov&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8TEMpCMqLBQ&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-1067057737605960684%26q%3Dmaxim%2Bafinogenov%26total%3D88%26start%3D0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D8&usg=AL29H20a2L1_JSuvv4IjuwPvlzhZPYtLbQ

http://video.google.com/url?docid=2944201098906805738&esrc=sr7&ev=v&len=141&q=maxim%2Bafinogenov&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKNvnTOenpeo&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D2944201098906805738%26q%3Dmaxim%2Bafinogenov%26total%3D88%26start%3D0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D6&usg=AL29H20FHzFogEU4fDedjdqlmSjZhmYOyA

http://video.google.com/url?docid=-191684286191203343&esrc=sr1&ev=v&len=48&q=maxim%2Bafinogenov&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_VcAKESMi_E&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-191684286191203343%26q%3Dmaxim%2Bafinogenov%26total%3D88%26start%3D0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D0&usg=AL29H23o0-4PrbCg8I8ta4vfrCsl8FnPQw

jamze132
10-14-2007, 05:34 AM
The bottom line is that Maxim tries to do too much and ends up srewing it up. He has the potential to be one of the best players in the league if he would stop being so selfish.

churchinski
10-14-2007, 01:49 PM
wrong

more myth

after the playoffs they disclosed that he was hurt

churchinski
10-14-2007, 01:50 PM
yup, and he did it again tonight rebounding with a goal and an assist after being benched.

nope

wrong

he didn't play that game in the playoffs because he was hurt

churchinski
10-14-2007, 01:55 PM

yeah thats why the Sabres with as many skill players as we had were scoring so much vs Ottawa in the ECF

with the offense he had he couldn't even generate chances let alone goals

if as a coach you can't get the puck to the net with that group of players and your power play is a complete failure then what do you do after you lose players briere dumont and drury

yeah ruff really knows how to take advantage of the offensive skill on his team alright

83evans
10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
nope

wrong

he didn't play that game in the playoffs because he was hurt

Dude you are ****ing annoying. Wrong Wrong. You sound like Phenolapi from SNL.

churchinski
10-14-2007, 02:24 PM
well I don't watch SNL

but I do watch people pick up on myths and run with them like clockwork, they jump on every myth and theory put out by some 15 year old kid working for wgr ( at least they sound like 15 year olds)

this board is full of people that hear a sound bites and repeat them endlessly as if they are fact

it was revealed after the playoffs that afinegenov was hurt

and to say that ruff got the most out of his offense with 'moves' like that is laughable....which playoffs were these hockey experts watching ?

the offense came to a grinding halt under ruff's system of timed 30 second line changes

and the pp was a disaster too

what does that tell you.. it tells you that people don't think before they speak
1. one this garbage about afinegenov being motivated by ruff's benching was total myth , ruff himself said he DID NOT BENCH Max
It was some garbage fabricated by a writer
2. the offense was putrid despite the team being absolutely load with talent

these people go on repeating what they are told like parrots
it makes them feel like they know what they are talking about when all they are is birds...parrots

SpillerThrills
10-14-2007, 03:57 PM

guys you have to remember that anything churchinski says in gold and he is an all mighty god..... once everyone realizes this we will all be fine.....

sarcasm off

83evans
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
well I don't watch SNL

but I do watch people pick up on myths and run with them like clockwork, they jump on every myth and theory put out by some 15 year old kid working for wgr ( at least they sound like 15 year olds)

this board is full of people that hear a sound bites and repeat them endlessly as if they are fact

it was revealed after the playoffs that afinegenov was hurt

and to say that ruff got the most out of his offense with 'moves' like that is laughable....which playoffs were these hockey experts watching ?

the offense came to a grinding halt under ruff's system of timed 30 second line changes

and the pp was a disaster too

what does that tell you.. it tells you that people don't think before they speak
1. one this garbage about afinegenov being motivated by ruff's benching was total myth , ruff himself said he DID NOT BENCH Max
It was some garbage fabricated by a writer
2. the offense was putrid despite the team being absolutely load with talent

these people go on repeating what they are told like parrots
it makes them feel like they know what they are talking about when all they are is birds...parrots

1st off it wasnt a myth. It was in the news and RJ sayed it before and during the game.

churchinski
10-14-2007, 05:53 PM
1st off it wasnt a myth. It was in the news and RJ sayed it before and during the game.

it's not a myth huh ?

well directly from lindy ruff ...he said it never happened that way

he said afinegenov was playing soccer in the hallways near the lockerrooms with other players as a warmup

he was effin around and tried to do a backflip and landed in his head
ruff said that max didn't seem right and thought he might have a concussion and sat him

he also said he still isn't sure if max was right afterwards during the playoffs

and he said he didn't want to disclose the nature of his injury or how it happened while they were still in the playoffs

so there you have it

but I guess if RJ or anyone else hype's up a coaching move it's fact to you even if that same coach said it didn't happen that way

like i said ....gullible people who like to parrot what they hear in order to sound like they know something

what those people should do is get an original opinion belonging to themselves instead of just parroting what they hear

but that is beyond their capacity as parrots