• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Cowboys' Williams fined for horse-collar tackle on Lynch

For the second time this season, Dallas Cowboys strong safety Roy Williams has been fined by the league for a "horse-collar" tackle.

Once again, the refs blew it, and this time the league admitted it (not that it would have changed much, but you never know).
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: Cowboys' Williams fined for horse-collar tackle on Lynch

It happened on the drive where Edwards threw that INT...

At this point, so many things are coming out about this game, that I'd just rather not know about it at all. There are plenty of things I can find messed up about the game that the coaches did, let alone the ref factor...

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Ironically, one of the players injured by a Williams horse-collar tackle was then-Philadelphia wide receiver Terrell Owens

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mybills
        Ironically, one of the players injured by a Williams horse-collar tackle was then-Philadelphia wide receiver Terrell Owens

Yah, that is ironic.. Do you think that Roy Williams may have horse collared Lynch on purpose in order to send a message to Mr. O?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Once again, obvious to everyone after the fact when it doesn't matter. I get sick of this ****, week-in and week-out.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Roy Williams is a POS just like the rest of that organization. I have NEVER in my life cheered for the Pats, until this week. I pray to god that NE goes into Dallas and completely throttles them.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

It was a clear horse-collar. Dont know how or what they were thinking. And to make it worse it was the Horse-collar king himself. Unbelievable.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

When you suck as bad as Williams does at SS you have to play dirty and cheat.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

What good do these meaningless, after-the-fact fines do? Wilfork only got $12,500 for smashing his elbow into JP's knee.

Until the NFL regularly issues suspensions for dirty hits, slime like Williams and Wilfork will just write their checks and continue to hurt people.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

illegal tackles should be able to be reviewed and penalized
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Whaler53
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      What good do these meaningless, after-the-fact fines do? Wilfork only got $12,500 for smashing his elbow into JP's knee.

Until the NFL regularly issues suspensions for dirty hits, slime like Williams and Wilfork will just write their checks and continue to hurt people.

I partially agree with you. I still don't think that the Wilfork hit was really a dirty play (a late play yes, but not a dirty one) but I'm not gonna get into that again, we agree to disagree and I respect that. That's over and done with.

The thing with Williams is completely different. He used a tackling technique that he seriously injured somebody with, the league passed a rule outlawing that technique, and he goes on record saying that he will continue to use the horsecollar, and in fact does.

This has been going on with Williams for awhile now and something does need to be done about it.

Comment

• GoBenGo
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Once again, the refs blew it, and this time the league admitted it (not that it would have changed much, but you never know).
                        It amazes me how everyone, announcers included, saw the horse collar but the on field ref that it happened directly in front of. And Done by the cat who is the reason the rule exists.
                        I saw the game, you guys played a great 3 quarters. I was also very impressed by Edwards ! Great pressence, and composure in only his 2nd start. A lot of good positive stuff for the Bills to take from that game. But, that is not what you really want, you want to win. I see you guys doing even better next week! The Fans were awesome and are responsible for 90% of the positive energy that game had! Might want to rethink the Horrible Hankies!
                        All those white towels they gave out!! It looked like the whole stadium was SURRENDERING!!!!

GIMME FIVE!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GoBenGo
                          All those white towels they gave out!! It looked like the whole stadium was SURRENDERING!!!!
                          I was thinking it would look like that on TV too.

If we want to do towels...fine! Use red or blue ones. White ones look bad!

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

why not red, white and blue towels.
                            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

How about green weiners.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X