PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with are so called run blocking OL

83evans
10-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I thought they were supposed to be great run blockers but they arent good run blockers but there great pass blockers. Its still good that we got some upgrade though.

Patti120
10-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I still think they pull their whole game together at some point this season (meaning pass and run blocking). The pieces seem to be in place for this.

Yes am a total homer tonight!

Elminster
10-13-2007, 08:37 PM
It doesn't help the staff seems to like running Lynch behind Fowler, whose probably our weakest run-blocker...

YardRat
10-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Some pundit, maybe even a poster here, made note before training camp started that these guys may never become a dominant run-blocking unit because of their size. It's more difficult for bigger guys to get low and drive than stay upright and pass protect.

jamze132
10-14-2007, 05:17 AM
We run way too many plays right up the middle. And let's not forget anytime Duke preston is out there, we suck.

shelby
10-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Gaines as a blocking back would be effective.

Tatonka
10-14-2007, 08:34 AM
i think our biggest problem currently is that we have absolutely no deep threat.. we have taken ONE deep shot all season.. one.. at the end of the denver game.

teams dont respect that we will throw of their heads and they are crowding 8 in the box all the time because they dont need to keep anyone else deep to help.

Mitchy moo
10-14-2007, 08:45 AM

I think your right!

churchinski
10-14-2007, 01:33 PM

We have enough of those TEs that were supposed to be great blockers.

In exchange we don't have any that can catch and they don't really stand out as blockers.

If gaines can get open and catch the ball that's where i want to see him used.

This blocking TE garbage the Bills persued is just BS. These TEs have very little impact on run blocking or pass protection.