PDA

View Full Version : BBreview.com: Are the Bills better off without Losman?

The Answer
10-13-2007, 08:55 PM
http://buffalobillsreview.com/articles/2007/10/are-bills-better-off-without-losman.html

Saturday, October 13, 2007

<!-- Begin .post -->Are The Bills Better Off Without Losman?

With the NFL trade deadline fast approaching, some have suggested (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071010/SPORTS0101/710100324/-1/COLUMNS) (even starting right here with Your Truly of the Buffalo Bills Review) that the Bills should trade JP Losman while they still can. Losman is under contract with the Bills through the end of the 2008 season. That means this season is very likely his "contract" year. His play in 2007 will determine the value of his next contract with Buffalo—or if he is even offered one.

Is it just crazy talk to be suggesting the Bills dump a guy whom they have developed for four years now? This was to be his "breakout" season. He was injured on the first play of the third game this year, so we only saw him play in two games, but it would certainly not qualify as a "breakout season".

In an article following Trent Edwards first start, I echoed the sentiments of Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News when I declared that game the beginning of the Trent Edwards Era (http://buffalobillsreview.com/articles/2007/10/trent-edwards-era.html). Of course that is premature, but I saw in one game what I have been wanting to see for three years from Losman. I have never been a JP basher. If you had to label me, I would likely fall in the "JP Supporter" camp. I do see the upside of Losman.

But in all of two starts I have seen way more upside from Trent Edwards. Poise, confidence, composure, quick release, quick decision making, accuracy, arm strength... I'd say on all but the last one Edwards possesses at least a slight edge over Losman. The main difference between the two is Losman's 30-plus NFL games to Edwards three. But so far that difference only appears to matter on paper.

Benefits of a Trade
I know trades don't happen that often in the NFL. They are especially rare during the season. However, let's look at some positives of moving JP Losman right now......................................

~The Answer

SABURZFAN
10-13-2007, 08:57 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
10-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Let's get some value back out of him, lord knows it's a lost investment thus far.

jamze132
10-14-2007, 05:14 AM
Who is really going to trade for JP Losman? let's get real. And if someone did pony up for him, it would only cost a 6th rounder. Tom Brady can't be drafted again so the chances of us finding someone worth a crap in the 6th round is negligable.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Who is really going to trade for JP Losman? let's get real. And if someone did pony up for him, it would only cost a 6th rounder. Tom Brady can't be drafted again so the chances of us finding someone worth a crap in the 6th round is negligable.

Someone desperate for a quarterback. And there are plenty.