PDA

View Full Version : Miami or Cleveland today?

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 10:00 AM
If Miami loses to Cleveland today are they really a canidate for 0-16?!

I personally think that Miami isn't as bad as their record but 0-6 would be a brutal start and you have to believe it only get's worse as their schedule doesn't get any easier after today, excluding the Jets.

Miami Herald reported that players on the team aren't enamoured with Joey Porter and are upset about trading Wes Welker.

This isn't a fins bashing thread but just for discussion. I think Miami has to win today and I think they will. God help them if they don't.

I'm not even fired up for the Miami game because it's so uninspiring at this point considering the play of both teams.

BlackMetalNinja
10-14-2007, 10:07 AM
If Jamal Lewis were healthy, I think Cleveland would run all over them, but because of his injury, this game will be closer. Cleveland finds a way to win late.

mybills
10-14-2007, 10:11 AM
They put up a fight against NE, do you think they have to fight like that against Mia?
but hey...
Anything is possible in the NFL.

shelby
10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Go Cleveland!

The saving grace of being a Bills fan is that Miami sucks worse.:D

mybills
10-14-2007, 10:22 AM
it's not grace, it's a given. :snicker:

dolphan117
10-14-2007, 10:31 AM
0 and 6 would indeed be brutal...... But frankly I don't know what to say. We went into this season expecting our D to be pretty darn good and it just isn't. Our run D has been spotty and our secondary has went from playing decent to just awful.

The only good thing is that offensively we are doing much better then expected. Ronnie Brown actually leads the league in total yards. Dude is putting up downright ridiculous production, if you play in a keeper league take him because Cam is the guy that called the plays that helped make LT into LT and he looks to be getting nearly the same kind of production out of Ronnie. I know some will think I'm being a hopeless homer for comparing Ronnie to LT but check the stats, like I said he is leading the league in total yards.

Another good and kinda unexpected thing is that our offensive line actually isn't bad. Carey is doing a decent job at LT and our rookie center has been playing very well, ditto for our RG Rex and Shelton at RT has been decent, same at LG.

For this game its all about the D and Cleo. No one quite knows what Lemon is going to do and I honestly don't know quite what to expect from the D..... There is some talent there IMO but so far they sure haven't put it together. We should have a good day running the ball, I just don't know if it will be enough.

SABuffalo786
10-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Let's go Rust Belt!

Squish the Fish!

dolphan117
10-14-2007, 10:38 AM
We dont get a poll hurricane? :D:

LtFinFan66
10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
If Miami loses to Cleveland today are they really a canidate for 0-16?!

I personally think that Miami isn't as bad as their record but 0-6 would be a brutal start and you have to believe it only get's worse as their schedule doesn't get any easier after today, excluding the Jets.

Miami Herald reported that players on the team aren't enamoured with Joey Porter and are upset about trading Wes Welker.

This isn't a fins bashing thread but just for discussion. I think Miami has to win today and I think they will. God help them if they don't.

I'm not even fired up for the Miami game because it's so uninspiring at this point considering the play of both teams.We do still play the Bills twice and the Jets again

Novacane
10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
We do still play the Bills twice and the Jets again

Exactly! For some reason homers here think we're miles ahead of Miami. We suck just as bad as you guys do.

YardRat
10-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Go Browns!

Cleveland made the first drive look too easy, with the help of two killer penalties.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 12:17 PM
GO CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have Winslow in my fantasy league,so i hope he has a big day.

DraftBoy
10-14-2007, 12:34 PM

So thats 3 losses?

Novacane
10-14-2007, 12:45 PM
GO CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have Winslow in my fantasy league,so i hope he has a big day.

So do I and he was wide open on that last TD that Anderson ran in :mad:

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 12:54 PM
So do I and he was wide open on that last TD that Anderson ran in :mad:

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 01:00 PM

I have the Jet in there. I don't think the Bills will be as easy as our record indicates but spliiting is not unreasonable.

Novacane
10-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Miami looks terrible

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm going to watch the second half but I saw that Lemon was 3 of 9. Maybe time to throw Beck in there?!

Novacane
10-14-2007, 01:14 PM
This is the first time I've watched the phins this year. Maybe they could go 0-16. They look really really bad.

evol4276
10-14-2007, 01:15 PM
derek anderson is suprising the living hell outta me. started him instead of brady today and hes already gotten me 2 tds :)

Novacane
10-14-2007, 01:21 PM
derek anderson is suprising the living hell outta me. started him instead of brady today and hes already gotten me 2 tds :)

That was a crazy move but it's looking good so far :up:

evol4276
10-14-2007, 01:23 PM
That was a crazy move but it's looking good so far :up: haha yea i know but hey gotta make drastic moves sometime! theyre facing a worse d than NE is so i jus figured so. Brady'll throw 3 tds today neways tho so as long as Anderson puts close to it im happy

YardRat
10-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Is Beck active today? Might be a good spot to put him in to get some live action.

JD
10-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Someone call PETA, the dolphins are getting SLAUGHTERED!

evol4276
10-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Is Beck active today? Might be a good spot to put him in to get some live action. no idea. i actually for the life of me could not remember who their other qb was for a while lol so whats the deal with Trent? is he out or just sidelined? Cuz if he's out they'd almost have to have Beck active one would think? i wuld say just take whats given and start the rookie and see what he has since he was what, a 2nd rounder?? might as well. As the Dolphs, what do you have to lose? and im not ripping on them either btw.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 02:18 PM
the dolphins are getting SLAUGHTERED!

:bf1:

Bling
10-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Miami only down by 3 now from 17 at the half.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Miami about to go down more..Cleveland on the move.

I guess this is DA's good week. He plays one week and looks terrible and then the next week, he looks great. Someone needs to teach this guy some consistency.

Go Browns!

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Two thoughts on this game:

1) Fairchild could learn something from Cameron. They continue to attempt
the deep ball which is softening up the D for Brown.

2) The fins O-line looked good today and Lemon has good pocket presence but he can't hit an open receiver if his life depended on it.

!Papacrunk!
10-14-2007, 03:37 PM
wrong forum

evol4276
10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Miami about to go down more..Cleveland on the move.

I guess this is DA's good week. He plays one week and looks terrible and then the next week, he looks great. Someone needs to teach this guy some consistency.

Go Browns! seems to be pretty good coming from what anybody expected from him, which im assuming wasnt much of anything. he still put numbers up against the patsies but.. well.. its the patsies. i think he actually put the most points up on them didnt he? i culd be wrong but either way u have a decent kid here at qb Fun. what are ur fans' outlook on him? are u liking him or are u guys jus hoping he screws up so jackass Quinn comes in? i havent heard any talk about them nd im very interested to know. you guys have a good offense for once and i love Braylon n Winslow!

churchinski
10-14-2007, 04:19 PM
why doesn't the QB from cleveland need 85 starts like Losman does

or is it 850 starts

all I know is that the lickers said that losman needed to play the full schedule last year

now they say he still doesn't have enough starts and we still need to get him in there to see what he is as a QB

in the meantime these other QB are simply playing and producing

those teams aren't just burning games as a prerequisite to see what the QB might be 5 years later

evol4276
10-14-2007, 04:30 PM
why doesn't the QB from cleveland need 85 starts like Losman does

or is it 850 starts

all I know is that the lickers said that losman needed to play the full schedule last year

now they say he still doesn't have enough starts and we still need to get him in there to see what he is as a QB

in the meantime these other QB are simply playing and producing

those teams aren't just burning games as a prerequisite to see what the QB might be 5 years later this WAS a cleveland/miami game thread but this needed to be brought up again?

shelby
10-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Good Lord, we are smacking the fish, not the Bills...stay on topic here, church.

Sorry to all you friendly fish fans, but that loss did my heart good.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 06:13 PM
wrong forum

Your in our division and we have a bye. Slow news week and I think people weren't bashing anybody, except Losman, in this thread.

MiamiFins854
10-14-2007, 06:17 PM
all i know is the miami defense is complete garbage, who would have thought they would lose puting up 31 in a game. unbelievable.

!Papacrunk!
10-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Your in our division and we have a bye. Slow news week and I think people weren't bashing anybody, except Losman, in this thread.

sorry, yet again this is the wrong forum. ask IM4BFLO. he's the one that whi....expressed his opinion about Miami related threads in the Bills forum so the NFL Forum was created. Actually I'm not sure why I'm posting here since I said that I wouldn't post in the main forum anymore. Before I completely go back on my word, this will be my last post in here (for those that give a hoot, lol.)

TigerJ
10-14-2007, 10:35 PM
It's really amazing to me that we can watch football year after year. We think we've got it pegged. "Miami is going to have a good defense but their offense is going to suck." Did anyone in the country predict the other way around?

Mitchy moo
10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
It's really amazing to me that we can watch football year after year. We think we've got it pegged. "Miami is going to have a good defense but their offense is going to suck." Did anyone in the country predict the other way around?

No. Lemon ball?

Mr. Pink
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
seems to be pretty good coming from what anybody expected from him, which im assuming wasnt much of anything. he still put numbers up against the patsies but.. well.. its the patsies. i think he actually put the most points up on them didnt he? i culd be wrong but either way u have a decent kid here at qb Fun. what are ur fans' outlook on him? are u liking him or are u guys jus hoping he screws up so jackass Quinn comes in? i havent heard any talk about them nd im very interested to know. you guys have a good offense for once and i love Braylon n Winslow!

I hate to give an opinion on the Browns in the main forum now that there's a NFL zone forum, but since it was asked. I'll go with the flow.

DA played like absolute garbage in the first half vs the Pats...gift wrapping a couple picks and the endzone throw that Seau intercepted was absolutely brutal. He then came back in the second half and played well. Problem is his attrocious first half put the team in a 20 point hole to the best team in the league. And it was a gap that proved insurmountable. The Browns have come the closest to actually winning betting wise against the Pats, but that's not saying much when you still lose by 17. Spread was 16.5.

And therein lies the problem with DA. One week he comes out on fire, this week, cincy week....another he comes out flat and plays terrible for most of the game...see the Patriots game and the Raiders game. If DA plays well in either of those games they beat Oakland and give the Pats a run for it. DA has a cannon for an arm but his mental grasp on the game at times leaves a little to be desired. He takes chances which is good, but some of the chances he takes should be nixed.

On the plus side him and Braylon Edwards seem to have a strong chemisty with one another. When your star WR and a QB have chemistry it's a beautiful thing as evidenced by Braylons 3 TD grabs today.

However the consistency issues I think will curtail him from being a good to great QB in this league and will ultimately lead him to the bench before the end of the year or the start of next season for the Brady Quinn era. The Browns brought Dorsey back after Frye flopped to basically stand on the sidelines with Quinn and diagnose and break down schemes, coverages, packages and blitzes with Quinn. Dorsey has a huge mental understanding of the game but lacks the physical attributes.

I've never been a fan of Brady Quinn, I always thought he was overhyped and loved because of how the national media loves the irish. The fact he beat up on lesser college teams and disappeared against Ohio St, Michigan, LSU, etc illustrate that. I would love for DA to succeed. Whether or not he can become more consistent is a huge question mark. Then, what do they do with Quinn if DA does become more consistent? Only the rest of the season will tell.

evol4276
10-14-2007, 11:19 PM
I hate to give an opinion on the Browns in the main forum now that there's a NFL zone forum, but since it was asked. I'll go with the flow.

DA played like absolute garbage in the first half vs the Pats...gift wrapping a couple picks and the endzone throw that Seau intercepted was absolutely brutal. He then came back in the second half and played well. Problem is his attrocious first half put the team in a 20 point hole to the best team in the league. And it was a gap that proved insurmountable. The Browns have come the closest to actually winning betting wise against the Pats, but that's not saying much when you still lose by 17. Spread was 16.5.

And therein lies the problem with DA. One week he comes out on fire, this week, cincy week....another he comes out flat and plays terrible for most of the game...see the Patriots game and the Raiders game. If DA plays well in either of those games they beat Oakland and give the Pats a run for it. DA has a cannon for an arm but his mental grasp on the game at times leaves a little to be desired. He takes chances which is good, but some of the chances he takes should be nixed.

On the plus side him and Braylon Edwards seem to have a strong chemisty with one another. When your star WR and a QB have chemistry it's a beautiful thing as evidenced by Braylons 3 TD grabs today.

However the consistency issues I think will curtail him from being a good to great QB in this league and will ultimately lead him to the bench before the end of the year or the start of next season for the Brady Quinn era. The Browns brought Dorsey back after Frye flopped to basically stand on the sidelines with Quinn and diagnose and break down schemes, coverages, packages and blitzes with Quinn. Dorsey has a huge mental understanding of the game but lacks the physical attributes.

I've never been a fan of Brady Quinn, I always thought he was overhyped and loved because of how the national media loves the irish. The fact he beat up on lesser college teams and disappeared against Ohio St, Michigan, LSU, etc illustrate that. I would love for DA to succeed. Whether or not he can become more consistent is a huge question mark. Then, what do they do with Quinn if DA does become more consistent? Only the rest of the season will tell. well the thread itself shuld really be in the nfl zone neways but since it says miami or cleveland, i believe it fits :-P

Michael82
10-15-2007, 12:58 AM
:rofl: That is the dumbest decision EVER!

How the hell can you bench Brady? His stats are just sickening right now! :shocked:

evol4276
10-15-2007, 03:36 AM
:rofl: That is the dumbest decision EVER!

How the hell can you bench Brady? His stats are just sickening right now! :shocked: ah he only got 1 more td than DA hahaha i deserve to lose now.. it still wasnt a bad move tho since between the 2 of my qbs i had 9 tds today hahaha

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 03:37 AM
Hell, Cleo Lemon had 4 td's:idunno:

Fantasy Football is a real crap shoot this year

evol4276
10-15-2007, 03:44 AM

Fantasy Football is a real crap shoot this year yea but he had turnovers tho. its all about playing the right people at the right time and i ALMOST pulled something ******ed off haha. didt hurt tho

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Only 2. Still up there with the top scorers today......better than freakin' Carson Palmer today :mad:

Historian
10-15-2007, 04:38 AM
:lolpoint: fish

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 05:23 AM
zip-it Fishtorian

Michael82
10-15-2007, 05:31 AM

Fantasy Football is a real crap shoot this year
tell me about it. one league where I missed the draft, I am 6-0. All my other leagues, I am either 2-4 or 1-5. :ill:

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 09:03 AM
wow. The fins didn't even disguise that they were running a qb sneak twice and got it. They even designed a qb draw for Lemon to score a TD. Why can't Farichild come up with something?

TacklingDummy
10-15-2007, 09:07 AM
wow. The fins didn't even disguise that they were running a qb sneak twice and got it. They even designed a qb draw for Lemon to score a TD. Why can't Farichild come up with something?
First you have to be near the goalline to do something like that.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 09:11 AM

Really? Cutler wasn't near the goaline when he rushed for that 4th down against us. Since when do qb's have to be near the goaline to steal for first downs?

DraftBoy
10-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Thread moved to appropriate forum

Gave it till Monday after lunch since it was a bye week

mybills
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
:rofl:

!Papacrunk!
10-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Cam is doing some good things with the offense, pretty good considering what he has to work with so far. It seems like he is really finding a way to put Brown in the best position to succeed.

As far as the defense......sigh. We usually have been able to rely on the D, but either age has finally crept up on them this year, or Saban was really able to squeeze out the best out of them with the right schemes etc. I can't really fault Capers, I think he's trying to do the best to juggle--older vets vs lack of talent/youth in other areas, basically trying to band aid some things together. Jason Allen (unless he does something to prove otherwise) has been a complete and utter bust. He can't even make plays on ST so I guess his best days were in college. The only thing is that it seems like Capers doesn't seem able to fully utilize Porter in this version of the 3-4. It also seems like Capers isn't using Taylor like JT was used last year. So either Capers is trying to simplify things or he's just plain getting outcoached.

My bottom line(s) is that I'm not one of those fans that want Wayne H to get rid of Cam and Co. because continuity is something that is sorely needed. The franchise has been a mess since Jimmy Johnson has left and these last some years are quite evident of that. That's why the team and fans really need to be patient until Cam and Co. can continue to make more moves and (unfortunately) give it some more time. Right now the team is obviously not that good. At least the offense is showing some ever so slow progress.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Sirrius said that "getting rid of Welker and essentially getting Ginn to replace him was ridiculous." They were referring to the fact that the D is going to need years to rebuild and keeping Welker as a receiver and returner and getting a defensive player made more sense.

Keyshawn and Parcells just said that this is the worst team in football. Ouch.

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
They didn't get Ginn to replace him. They got a second and a 7th for him. So either their starting center or their QB of the future and another guy who made the team

I disregard anything Meshawn says. They or the Rams are probably the worst though. I can't believe how far their D has fallen from last year

HHURRICANE
10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
They didn't get Ginn to replace him. They got a second and a 7th for him. So either their starting center or their QB of the future and another guy who made the team

I disregard anything Meshawn says. They or the Rams are probably the worst though. I can't believe how far their D has fallen from last year

The segment had the following "who's worse Rams or Dolphins?"

I watched the second of that game and I actually think Cam knows how to coach an offense. I was pretty impressed.

!Papacrunk!
10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Sirrius said that "getting rid of Welker and essentially getting Ginn to replace him was ridiculous." They were referring to the fact that the D is going to need years to rebuild and keeping Welker as a receiver and returner and getting a defensive player made more sense.

Keyshawn and Parcells just said that this is the worst team in football. Ouch.

like we had a choice in the Welker deal, it was either the poison pill treatment or take the 2nd round pick. Welker was great when he was here, but it is something that he's been elevated to god like status now that's he's in NE. It's partially sour grapes, but us Dolphins fans knew he was good before all of the others jumped on the band wagon.