PDA

View Full Version : Donte Whitner blew the onside kick!!!!!

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 10:03 AM
I just watched the replay on ESPN. WTF!!!!! Donte watched the ball bounce by him expecting somebody else to get it?!

mybills
10-14-2007, 10:24 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/mybills/zero.jpg

churchinski
10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
I just watched the replay on ESPN. WTF!!!!! Donte watched the ball bounce by him expecting somebody else to get it?!

It doesn't suprise me

Whitner is not 1st round talent, definitely not a top 8 player

Illmatic15
10-14-2007, 01:45 PM
wha wha who cares and move on....

evol4276
10-14-2007, 01:54 PM
yea he pretty much just got okie-doked by the freakin ball.. i saw that on the replay and was like "uh..... wtf???" our special teams is the man.. no reason why that shulda been converted

jpdex12
10-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I asked myself the same question two days after the game when I could finally muster up the nerve to watch it. You could see him look quick to his left at the Cowboy player lunging for the ball and he just froze as if he were waiting for the ball to bounce out of the players pounce.

It is water under the bridge though. I'm sure next time Whitner will be jumping out of his shoes.

shawn
10-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Paul Hamilton interviewd Whitner after the game and asked Whitner about this play. Whitner said when the ball was kicked he suddenly cramped up.

Mitchy moo
10-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Paul Hamilton interviewd Whitner after the game and asked Whitner about this play. Whitner said when the ball was kicked he suddenly cramped up.

ouch.

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 01:45 AM
I can't believe it took this long for somebody to comment about it. I saw it the day after when reviewing the play. It was a pathetic display of effort by Whitner. He dives for that ball and it's covered by us and we win the game. He didn't show any heart at all while trying to cover that onside kick.

He hasn't came close to being worth his spot in the draft. With all the needs we had we go out and draft him when guys that are producing like Ngata, Sims and Wimbley were all on the board. How good would one of them guys look in our lineup right now?

I don't care about all of his tackles 10+ yards down the field. He hasn't been a game changer. Something that you should be when you're a safety drafted that high.

Mitchy moo
10-15-2007, 01:55 AM
When we needed him, he cramped..:oops:

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 02:01 AM
What a lame excuse. Just happened to get cramps when they kicked the ball. Just admit you sucked and you will be respected more.

churchinski
10-15-2007, 03:18 AM
I asked myself the same question two days after the game when I could finally muster up the nerve to watch it. You could see him look quick to his left at the Cowboy player lunging for the ball and he just froze as if he were waiting for the ball to bounce out of the players pounce.

It is water under the bridge though. I'm sure next time Whitner will be jumping out of his shoes.
what next time ?
he blew it

it's just like the playoff game against the Titans...there is no next time ... the opportunity is gone

churchinski
10-15-2007, 03:21 AM
his brain cramped up

wasn't he on the field on the play after the onsides kick ?
apparently that cramp came on sudendly and disappeared just as suddenly

jamze132
10-15-2007, 03:32 AM
Are going to re-hash Norwood's FG attempt next and try to find a penalty?

Give it a rest already, it's over, nothing can be done about it, we lost, move on!

Listen people, everyone knows Buffalo get's screwed on a regular basis and it hurts everytime it happens as much as the last time. So Whitner made a bonehead play, it won't be his last. And I bet Ed Reed makes a boneheaded again too. Did anyone see Champ Baily almost break his ankle when gates juked the crap out of him? Even the best players in the universe are going to make mistakes. Only the good players learn from them. So let's see who Whitner responds before we crucify him and blame the entire loss on his shoulders. **** the players, it's coaches fault we lost, plain and simple!

Who cares, we lost, let's not lose like that again and we will be a better team.

churchinski
10-15-2007, 03:44 AM
we don't need this...'let's see how he responds, that what's important' ... pollyanna crap

no one cares how he responds to it, save that for oprah

whitner is supposed to be a pro
he blew it

edited:TOS violation