PDA

View Full Version : I'm rooting for Losman

Bling
10-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I hope he's still the QB come Nov 11th. There's only room for one up and coming QB of the future on the field when you guys travel down to Miami. :up:

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 11:35 AM
:laughter:

of course you are.

mybills
10-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Careful what you hope for, Blingy. :D

djjimkelly
10-14-2007, 12:05 PM
yeah becuz hes done so bad vs miami lol

YardRat
10-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Actually, last year was a 'split' for JP against the 'fins. Game 1-not so good. Game 2-pretty good.

Novacane
10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I hope he's still the QB come Nov 11th. There's only room for one up and coming QB of the future on the field when you guys travel down to Miami. :up:

Are you trying to say Lemon is an up and coming QB of the future? :roflmao: :lmao:

prinycesa07
10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Not like phins would have a chance either way.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Not like phins would have a chance either way.

they have a better shot at winning if we had Lossman at QB.

Bling
10-14-2007, 01:37 PM
yeah becuz hes done so bad vs miami lol

83 yards sure is something to brag about...

Bling
10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Are you trying to say Lemon is an up and coming QB of the future? :roflmao: :lmao:

John Beck vs. Trent Edwards would make an interesting story line, but...

justasportsfan
10-14-2007, 02:06 PM
what's JP's record against the fins? :D. The fins DBs stink. We need someone to take advantage of that.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
what's JP's record against the fins? :D. The fins DBs stink. We need someone to take advantage of that.

Edwards would do it with no problem.that's more than i can say for "Deer in the Headlights."

evol4276
10-14-2007, 02:13 PM
im rooting for whoever plays better and has a better upside for our team. unlike most here im open to liking both, which i do, and im npot gunna sit here and make an ass out of people who dont think the same as me and rip on Edwards or Losman 24-7. at the moment, I like Edwards. But I've always liked JP, so whoever the coaching staff turns their trust to I'm all for it. I jus like Edwards more cuz he is very consistant for his inexperience. Yea he has a lot of check-downs and hasn't thrown downfield a lot, but that I'm sure comes with time. Somehting we need to be happy for as Bills fans is that we have 2 VERY consistant qbs, whether u wanna accept it or not. and when i say consistant i mean with completions. more often than not so far theyre both over 60% completing passes and that makes me happier than if they were like 40%. getting the ball to the recievers is more important to me than connecting every single throw 20-30 yards down he field every play. the fact that they both know how to complete passes is a good thing. they just need to work better going more than 5 yards all the time and turning the ball over lol i dont really fault Edwards on the Dallas int btw. was a rookie mistake by a terrible game-losing call on primetime. before then remember, he completed i believe 23-29 against a "stout" Dallas secondary.

evol4276
10-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Edwards would do it with no problem.that's more than i can say for "Deer in the Headlights." theyre both deer in the headlights..

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 02:16 PM
theyre both deer in the headlights..

Lossman more so than Edwards.i'd rather put a true rookie in there with potential than someone who plays like a 4th year rookie and falling back into the same mistakes.

evol4276
10-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Lossman more so than Edwards.i'd rather put a true rookie in there with potential than someone who plays like a 4th year rookie and falling back into the same mistakes. im leaning that way. dont get me wrong ive always liked jp but how this kid has started out i like him. its not like he's even started with 3 of the easiest games either.. well 1 of em were, not the other 2. i think we shuld stick with him as much as i hate to say it, since we've started spreading the ball around more with him. now we need to get a happy medium between running n passing which is some of our offensive downfall. seems like we started out running all the time, now it seems like we're throwing a WHOLE lot more. Marshawn's getting the yards, we jus need to do a better job of mixing it up so we're not seemingly 1-dimensional so much

churchinski
10-14-2007, 04:14 PM
theyre both deer in the headlights..
wrong

losman is lost

evol4276
10-14-2007, 04:20 PM
wrong

losman is lost huh? im not wrong. theyve both been sacked by standing too long in the pocket. they even said on monday night last week that he does it too and that its something he needs to work on a lot. thats all i was saying

churchinski
10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
huh? im not wrong. theyve both been sacked by standing too long in the pocket. they even said on monday night last week that he does it too and that its something he needs to work on a lot. thats all i was saying
edwards isn't lost

losman is lost

this desire to lump these QBs together is like ....misery loves company

just because lossman failed it doesn't mean that edwards will be a bust too

gr8slayer
10-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Edwards and Losman both suck so far, I wouldn't worry about either one.

evol4276
10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
edwards isn't lost

losman is lost

this desire to lump these QBs together is like ....misery loves company

just because lossman failed it doesn't mean that edwards will be a bust too just because ur biased doesnt prove whether im right or wrong. also saying i said anything about him being a bust doesnt either. i said nothing more than he needs to work on getting the ball out faster or moving the pocket. u can keep making stuff up about what was said all u want but right there is what I actually said. it is not ripping on a single person either.

churchinski
10-14-2007, 04:43 PM
just because ur biased doesnt prove whether im right or wrong. also saying i said anything about him being a bust doesnt either. i said nothing more than he needs to work on getting the ball out faster or moving the pocket. u can keep making stuff up about what was said all u want but right there is what I actually said. it is not ripping on a single person either.oh there's no bias on my part
any objective person can see that Losman is a bust

SquishDaFish
10-14-2007, 04:45 PM
We can have the Water Boy play QB against the crap ass Dolphins and they wouldnt beat us. PHINS SUCK!!

TacklingDummy
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
We can have the Water Boy play QB against the crap ass Dolphins and they wouldnt beat us. PHINS SUCK!!

Adam Sandler looked more comfortable in the pocket then what JP does.

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Some of you guys are to much. I don't see how anyone has any room to rip on a team that you have ONE more win then and our 1-4 ourselves. We are a horrible team too. Nothing to brag about in our corner either.

Elminster
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Some of you guys are to much. I don't see how anyone has any room to rip on a team that you have ONE more win then and our 1-4 ourselves. We are a horrible team too. Nothing to brag about in our corner either.
Except being better than the 'Phish. That's ALWAYS something to be happy about. Well, actually not, because it's pretty much expected....:squish:
Of course, they may get back at us by stealing Glenn Dorsey.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Edwards would do it with no problem.that's more than i can say for "Deer in the Headlights."
that's a haters opinion. I have facts . JP owns the fish.

Wys Guy
10-15-2007, 09:53 AM
im leaning that way. dont get me wrong ive always liked jp but how this kid has started out i like him. its not like he's even started with 3 of the easiest games either.. well 1 of em were, not the other 2. i think we shuld stick with him as much as i hate to say it, since we've started spreading the ball around more with him. now we need to get a happy medium between running n passing which is some of our offensive downfall. seems like we started out running all the time, now it seems like we're throwing a WHOLE lot more. Marshawn's getting the yards, we jus need to do a better job of mixing it up so we're not seemingly 1-dimensional so much

Tip: Try using some paragraphs and punctuation.

Marshawn may be "getting the yards," but our rushing is relatively ineffective in controlling the game. He's averaging 3.7 ypc which is poor. He's "getting the yards" because he's 12th in the league in carries in spite of being 37th in yards-per-carry.

As to Losman, he's fighting an uphill battle now unless he begins connecting on his shorter passes with a completion percentage of at least 80% which he hasn't done.

90% of a QBs game is his short-medium game, not the deep game. A deep game is necessary so that a D doesn't cheat up. In fact, a great example of that, in spite of how unpopular this may be here, is Jim Kelly in his last couple of seasons. If you go and rewatch some of those games, DBs once receivers went much past 30-35 yards past the line-of-scrimmage, would merely let them go knowing that Kelly didn't even have the arm to deliver such a pass anymore.

He could barely throw 45 on the fly then and when you back out 10 yards for the pocket behind the line-of-scrimmage, it wasn't far. That's when we lost that element to our game. It was embarassing.

Either way, optimally a good QB needs both. Pennington is the modern day poster-boy for QBs that don't have a deep game but do have an excellent short-medium game. So barring some deeper elements to his game, at present, Edwards is another Pennington in the making w/o something more.

We'll see if that "something more," namely an ability to throw deep accurately, develops. If not, well, that wouldn't be a good sign. He should have that ability already if he has it. A deep arm is not something that a QB gets coached in, he either has it or he doesn't. So it's either latent or not there. We should find out soon. He can't be "babied" and coddled for too long.

mybills
10-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Our coaches seem to think he has a strong arm, just not as strong as JP's. Read my sig quote. :;

Wraith
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Tip: Try using some paragraphs and punctuation.

As to Losman, he's fighting an uphill battle now unless he begins connecting on his shorter passes with a completion percentage of at least 80% which he hasn't done.

Tip: Research a topic before talking out of your ass.

Last season, over a full season, Losman was THIRD in the league in completion percentage on passes thrown 1 to 10 yards. THIRD. He completed 74.02% of his passes in that zone. The leader, Jon Kitna, completed 74.39% of his passes. That's 0.39% difference. Losman was one completed pass in that zone away from being the BEST short passer by completion rate in the NFL last season.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Tip: Research a topic before talking out of your ass.

Last season, over a full season, Losman was THIRD in the league in completion percentage on passes thrown 1 to 10 yards. THIRD. He completed 74.02% of his passes in that zone. The leader, Jon Kitna, completed 74.39% of his passes. That's 0.39% difference. Losman was one completed pass in that zone away from being the BEST short passer by completion rate in the NFL last season.

TIP: wys is trying to take away JP's longest pass