PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Or Lynch? I think the debate is over.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Uhhh, Peterson is a monster!!!!. 228 yards rushing!!!!!!!!WOW.

He's not fragile either so expect him to just keep punishing teams on the ground. 12 YPC, unbelievable.

Illmatic15
10-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Ye, AP is a beast of a RB....but im happy with Marshawn to.......

G. Host
10-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Different offensive lines or do you think it has nothing to do with the line?

83evans
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Uhhh, Peterson is a monster!!!!. 228 yards rushing!!!!!!!!WOW.

He's not fragile either so expect him to just keep punishing teams on the ground. 12 YPC, unbelievable.

Stats are great but Lynch is a overall better RB. Peterson is explosive but can get tackled by 1 player. With Lynch he has to have 4 players just to bring him down. And Peterson has a run blocking line buffalo is mainly pass blocking.

Slim
10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Stats are great but Lynch is a overall better RB. Peterson is explosive but can get tackled by 1 player. With Lynch he has to have 4 players just to bring him down. And Peterson has a run blocking line buffalo is mainly pass blocking.

Peterson can not get tackled by one player my friend.

83evans
10-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Peterson can not get tackled by one player my friend.

Your right but he still doesnt have the fight that Lynch has.

Devin
10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I realize most of us are Bills fans........but PLEASE.

While I like Lynch and am happy to have him here, hes not even in the same class as Adrian "Blue Chip" Peterson. Peterson has a freak injury in college and all of a sudden here he was injury prone.

As I said dont get me wrong, I like Lynch, but he isnt even in the same class as Peterson.

Slim
10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I realize most of us are Bills fans........but PLEASE.

While I like Lynch and am happy to have him here, hes not even in the same class as Adrian "Blue Chip" Peterson. Peterson has a freak injury in college and all of a sudden here he was injury prone.

As I said dont get me wrong, I like Lynch, but he isnt even in the same class as Peterson.

Agreed, Peterson is running away with ROY. He's a top 5 back in the nfl.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-14-2007, 04:04 PM
He's not fragile either.
Don't bother, I was trying to convince people of this before the draft and nobody wanted to listen.

YardRat
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
He's as good as advertised, so far.

SquishDaFish
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Dude the rookies are only a few games in. Talk to me in 2-3 years. Thats when we will know

gr8slayer
10-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm sticking with my pre-draft opinion........... Lynch.

socalfan
10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
The only rap on Peterson was the injuries he suffered. So far so good. If he lasts the season, I think he will be ROY.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
People, you need to watch Peterson play. I didn't say I don't like Lynch but Peterson is another category.

The guy was unbelievable today. After this weekend he'll be the rushing leader with a bye. That's insane.

SquishDaFish
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Yes thats great he is great no doubt. But you cannot say whos better or the best. Talk to me in 2-3 seasons

Philagape
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I didn't know the debate continued after draft day. Not like we had a choice.

Saratoga Slim
10-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Both look like the real deal to me. I'm very happy with Lynch. Peterson definately has got more game-breaking ability, but Lynch has a bit more versatility. Who's the better back? Maybe Peterson, but who's the better back for what we're TRYING to do on offense? Perhaps Lynch.

Either way, no point in getting jealous. To get Peterson we would had had to give up at least our 2nd rounder. And frankly I'll take Lynch/Poz over just Peterson any day.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Peterson is freaking SICK!!!

Marshawn is good too what is the problem? It isn't like we had a chance to draft Peterson and drafted Marshawn instead.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Both look like the real deal to me. I'm very happy with Lynch. Peterson definately has got more game-breaking ability, but Lynch has a bit more versatility. Who's the better back? Maybe Peterson, but who's the better back for what we're TRYING to do on offense? Perhaps Lynch.

Either way, no point in getting jealous. To get Peterson we would had had to give up at least our 2nd rounder. And frankly I'll take Lynch/Poz over just Peterson any day.

I would have given up a second after seeing the game today.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
i don't think there was a debate to begin with.the only knock on Peterson was his health issues.

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I like Lynch better and I'm sticking with it, if you need further explanation then read my user title.

Devin
10-14-2007, 09:23 PM
:rofl:

Ickybaluky
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Do you think teams aren't lined up to stop Peterson first? Think about it, they have either Tavaris Jackson or Kelly Holcomb at QB. Any team is playing 8-man fronts against the Vikings, yet Peterson is thriving.

And that says nothing for what he has done in the passing game. Do you realize Peterson is on pace for 30 catches and another 500 yards receiving?

It isn't putting Lynch down to say Peterson is going to be great. Lynch will make his own mark, and he looks like he will be a good player.

Jaybird
10-14-2007, 10:04 PM
we have lynch, lets be happy people. hes is a monster

gr8slayer
10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Do you think teams aren't lined up to stop Peterson first? Think about it, they have either Tavaris Jackson or Kelly Holcomb at QB. Any team is playing 8-man fronts against the Vikings, yet Peterson is thriving.

And that says nothing for what he has done in the passing game. Do you realize Peterson is on pace for 30 catches and another 500 yards receiving?

It isn't putting Lynch down to say Peterson is going to be great. Lynch will make his own mark, and he looks like he will be a good player.
Must be nice to have coaches that know how to utilize the talent. Our coaches are ruining potential all-stars in Evans and Lynch because they won't get them the ball like they should.

Ickybaluky
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Must be nice to have coaches that know how to utilize the talent. Our coaches are ruining potential all-stars in Evans and Lynch because they won't get them the ball like they should.

It is curious that Lynch is hardly used in the passing game, since that is a strength of his. He is most dangerous in the open field, so you figure they would throw him a screen every now and again.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2007, 10:11 PM
If you've ever watched Peterson and Lynch play at either this level or the college level, it's easy to see why Peterson was the first back taken in the draft. But hey, I wouldn't expect every Bills fan to be unbiased in this discussion...comes with being a fan.

NE39 made an excellent point, both backs have inept/inexperienced signal callers. So whoever plays Minnesota or us is gonna load up to stop the run and try to make a QB beat them. Peterson as of now is head and shoulders above Lynch.

streetkings01
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Caddillac also looked 10x better than Ronnie Brown in his rookie season also! Ronnie Brown sure looks like a beast now regardless of Caddies injury!

Mad Max
10-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Don't bother, I was trying to convince people of this before the draft and nobody wanted to listen.

Just be thankful that he was off the board before our slot. You KNOW our "braintrust" would have passed on him for some idiotic reason or the other.

Petersen is legit. If he stays healthy he's doing some serious damage in the league.

STAMPY
10-14-2007, 11:52 PM
PEDERSON IS A BEAST. He is already a top 5 RB in NFL. End of discussion. Lynch Will be great too. I have no problem with him

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Some people will just blindly support the Bills player to the end. Lynch is good but Peterson is GREAT. Lynch hasn't really done very much this year while Peterson has been explosive and just awsome at times.

And stop with the excuses about the OL. Like Minnesota is such a great team and has such a great offense. Peterson is just flat out better.

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 12:47 AM
And that says nothing for what he has done in the passing game. Do you realize Peterson is on pace for 30 catches and another 500 yards receiving?Is that good?? The only bright spot on my Fins, Ronnie Brown, already has 34 catches for 356 yards to go with his 526 rushing yards?? He is looking like he is having his break out year on a crap team. AP is looking real good though. Hopefully he stays healthy

Mitchy moo
10-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Looking st AP's history, that is going to be tough.

Michael82
10-15-2007, 05:35 AM
i don't think there was a debate to begin with.the only knock on Peterson was his health issues.
EXACTLY! :hi5:

Michael82
10-15-2007, 05:40 AM
There's one huge difference that is in favor of Adrian Peterson right now....

McKinnie - Hutchinson - Birk - Hicks - Cook

MUCH better than....

Peters - Dockery - Fowler - Butler - Walker

:ill:

Michael82
10-15-2007, 05:43 AM
BTW, I do love what Adrian Peterson has done. He's sick right now and if he stays healthy, then the Gayle Sayers comparisons will continue.

However, I also really like Lynch and feel that if he actually had some holes to run thru, he would be giving Peterson a run for his money right now. But have you seen the games? There is no blocking or holes whatsoever. :sigh:

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 07:28 AM

MUCH better than....

When we actually see Lynch get the same run blocking as Peterson gets it will be a whole new story. Lynch is tough enough to bring down even without a lot of space to use. Imagine what he'll do when the OL gels and they start getting him to the second level more consistently.

EDS
10-15-2007, 07:55 AM

MUCH better than....

How much to the Bills need to spend so that the offensive line is no longer an excuse?

HHURRICANE
10-15-2007, 08:15 AM
The "debate" I referenced in the thread was about the individual players (pre-draft) and the media who said Lynch was better suited for the NFL and would take the beating better.

Peterson looks like the best RB I have ever seen. His size, speed, catching ability, ohh and he returned a kick yesterday that set up the winning field goal.

He had something like 396 all prupose yards!!! I am a fan of the NFL and this is a great story.

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 08:53 AM
How much to the Bills need to spend so that the offensive line is no longer an excuse?
They have to spend TIME not money.

Wys Guy
10-15-2007, 09:10 AM

Which brings up another point entirely. Let's start canning people that spend oodles of money on fixing an OL yet fail at it. We don't even have decent pass protection.

Edwards, whose entire game thus far has been predicated on five-step drops and short passes getting thrown relatiively quickly, is averaging 3 sacks per game and taking a ton of heat when he isn't sacked. That's a pace of 48 sacks, which when considering the circumstances, is piss poor.

As to Peterson/Lynch, Peterson wasn't available when we drafted and Lynch appears to be a perfectly serviceable RB with hopes for top-10 status down the road. He's by no means our greatest issue.

In fact, he's being held up by our greatest issue(s), namely a personnel department that doesn't understand what to look for in players, particularly linemen, an OL coach whose greatest achievement to date is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes as to how utterly ineffective he is, and coaching that does not set anyone, much less Lynch, up to succeed or get the most from them.

Lynch appears to be no Peterson, but he's just fine for a team all other things being equal. Now, we need to start fixing that extensive list of "non-equal" things.

Kerr
10-15-2007, 09:19 AM
At this point Peterson gains yardage like Barry Sanders and Lynch gains yardage like Thurman Thomas.

Wys Guy
10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
At this point Peterson gains yardage like Barry Sanders and Lynch gains yardage like Thurman Thomas.

I disagree. Lynch gains yards like Antowain Smith. His ypc is 3.7 and he has a long run of 23. That's not exactly "Thurman-esque." It is very Antowain-esque however. At least in terms of bottom line production if not in style.

mchurchfie
10-15-2007, 09:34 AM
I disagree. Lynch gains yards like Antowain Smith. His ypc is 3.7 and he has a long run of 23. That's not exactly "Thurman-esque." It is very Antowain-esque however. At least in terms of bottom line production if not in style.
I agree. Lynch is more of a slasher type runner with breakaway speed, much like Smith. Thurman was more of a juker with fair but not great speed.

EDS
10-15-2007, 10:01 AM
They have to spend TIME not money.

You are right, the Bills should not expect a return on their $70+ million investment.

At any rate, since the Bills now have a veteran group with the exception of Butler, I think a 5 game get-to-know your neighbor plus a bye week worth of study time is enough TIME.

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 10:40 AM
You are right, the Bills should not expect a return on their $70+ million investment.

At any rate, since the Bills now have a veteran group with the exception of Butler, I think a 5 game get-to-know your neighbor plus a bye week worth of study time is enough TIME.
5 games is enough time for an OL? It doesnt work that way in the NFL. The best lines are the ones that have been together for at least a full year + an offseason if not 2. See the Chiefs, Colts, Pats, Vikings, Skins(when they had Dockery) etc etc. There are not many OLs in the league that currently have as much talent as ours, we just need to give them time to know how to work together. Find out which plays they run best and so on. For example, the Colts best run play when they had Edgerrin was the stretch. Thats because they did it week in and week out for 3+ years and it was almost impossible to stop even when you knew it was coming and that is a product of knowing the player beside you and executing. Im sure we will get to that point. Another key aspect of every good run blocking OL is a good Center. Saturday, Nalen, Birk, Wiegman, Mawae, Kreutz, Meester, Hardwick etc. Melvin is good on the move but I think he might be the weal link on dive and gut plays.

Wraith
10-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Wasn't the debate about whether Adrian Peterson could stay healthy for a full season? I don't see how that could possibly be answered six weeks into the season.

EDS
10-15-2007, 11:29 AM
5 games is enough time for an OL? It doesnt work that way in the NFL. The best lines are the ones that have been together for at least a full year + an offseason if not 2. See the Chiefs, Colts, Pats, Vikings, Skins(when they had Dockery) etc etc. There are not many OLs in the league that currently have as much talent as ours, we just need to give them time to know how to work together. Find out which plays they run best and so on. For example, the Colts best run play when they had Edgerrin was the stretch. Thats because they did it week in and week out for 3+ years and it was almost impossible to stop even when you knew it was coming and that is a product of knowing the player beside you and executing. Im sure we will get to that point. Another key aspect of every good run blocking OL is a good Center. Saturday, Nalen, Birk, Wiegman, Mawae, Kreutz, Meester, Hardwick etc. Melvin is good on the move but I think he might be the weal link on dive and gut plays.

You realize that the left side of Indy's offensive line is essentially new this year?
You realize that KC has two new tackles?
You realize that San Diego won 14 games last year with a rookie left tackle?
How come Miami can run the ball?

These days continuity is the exception on offensive lines, not the rule.

Let's face it, the Bills line is not getting the job done. Fowler was a Levy signing, as were veterans Dockery, Walker and Whittle.

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
You realize that the left side of Indy's offensive line is essentially new this year?

Let's face it, the Bills line is not getting the job done. Fowler was a Levy signing, as were veterans Dockery, Walker and Whittle.
1) not a new left side. Only the LT is new. Lilja, Saturday, Scott and Diem have been together for 3+ years

2) I was referring to KCs line when they had Roaf, Watters, Wiegman Shilds.

3) If you have continuity with Dielman, Hardwick, Goff and Olivea 1 change at LT wont bring down the ship. Run Blocking has more to do with yer interior anyways.

Our interior has 2 new starters and a new starter at RT as well = no continuity.

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2007, 12:23 PM
BTW, I do love what Adrian Peterson has done. He's sick right now and if he stays healthy, then the Gayle Sayers comparisons will continue.

However, I also really like Lynch and feel that if he actually had some holes to run thru, he would be giving Peterson a run for his money right now. But have you seen the games? There is no blocking or holes whatsoever. :sigh:

Until we can spread defenses downfield then this will continue to happen. Whoever our starting QB is next week, if they can't hit the deep ball / intermediate routes then we are toast against a frightening Baltimore defense. Expect 8 in the box the whole game. :ill:

Kerr
10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Until we can spread defenses downfield then this will continue to happen. Whoever our starting QB is next week, if they can't hit the deep ball / intermediate routes then we are toast against a frightening Baltimore defense. Expect 8 in the box the whole game. :ill:

Sad, but true.
They'll need to use the pass to set up the run. I do hope they go a lot more deep in this game.

Devin
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Firstly im not sure where the debate about Adrian Petersons health has come into play. This is some sort of terrible snowball affect you people here have created. His last season at OU he dove into the endzone and broke his collarbone. It was a freak accident. The guy missed one game apart that.

He rushed for damn near 2000 yards as a true freshman.

Minnesota has a better line true, but they have ZERO talent at WR apart from a rookie who is getting no time. Not to mention a 2nd year QB who has been worse then Losman.

Adrian Peterson for all intensive purposes IS the entire Minnesota Vikings offense. And yet teams still cant gameplan him, if anything he plays stronger each week.

Sure you can "wait 2-3 years" to see whose better, but I assure you the answer will be the same. Adrian Peterson is the best pure RB to come out of college in a very long time.

You do realize in his first 6 games as a pro Peterson has had 100+ total yards in every game, and only not rushed for 100 or better one time. Thats seriously ridiculous. Not to mention dropping 233 and 3 TDs on the bears this week.

Lynch hasnt broken 100 total yards once. I know. I know......OL.....coaching.....etc and so forth.

As I said before I like Lynch, hes a solid ball player. But to even compare him to the same type of RB that Peterson is is a flat out joke.

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 12:32 PM

Miami has played: WAS, NY, HOU, CLE, OAK, DAL.

DAL and WAS are in the top 10 against the run. Brown had 33 yards and 32 yards in those games.

HOU, CLE, NY, OAK. are all 19 th against the run or lower with CLE, OAK and NY in the bottom 8 against the run. And that is where Ronnie got his yards.

Buffalo: NE, PIT, DEN, NY, DAL. NE is 5th PIT is 4th, DAL is 7th, only NY and DEN are in the bottom 8 and we ran on them too.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 12:58 PM

LOL

And the Redskins are missing their Pro Bowl LT, LT, LG, C...thats pretty much all their Oline starters out.

And it doesn't help that the coaches call run plays between the guard and the center, in which our center is argueably one of the smallest, mediocre linemen we have.

Ugh...all I know is coming out of the bye with another loss at home agains the Ravens, you can pretty much count the season over, and the Marv Experiment over. Though I doubt it will happen, no one has fire under their asses here anymore. This might as well be the Buffalo Bills Sunday Golf Outing Club.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm with wys on this. The OL isn't getting it done. WE're not opening up holes for Lynch. He's had to carry a few defenders on him even when he scored TD's.

User Manuel
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
IMHO Adrian Peterson is the best RB to be drafted since Barry Sanders.

I am very happy with Lynch as well. Unfortunately we never got into the situation where we had to choose between the two. The teams are actually amazingly similar. Min. got Tavaris Jackson and Kelly Holcomb and we hav eJP and Trent. They have no WR we have 1 star. Their line is somewhat better than ours.

I guess my point is this. just because Peterson is a monster doesn't mean Marshawn isn't outstanding too.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Five games doth not a career make.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
No doubt about it, Peterson is tearing it up right now! And so far, Lynch hasn't been. There are many variables and reasons as to why one does and one doesn't but I am perfectly fine with Lynch. He looks like a really good back, given the circumstances surrounding him.

On a side note, if we drafted Peterson, it would have required us to trade out second rounder and possibly another pick. So we would not have had Pos, and probably would not have gotten Edwards either. I will take Lynch and Pos over Peterson every day of the week.

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM

The Chiefs? Are you kidding me. Maybe a year or two ago but they just had two HOF lineman retire on them. Under these circumstances I don't consider this a valid excuse.

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 11:40 PM

DAL and WAS are in the top 10 against the run. Brown had 33 yards and 32 yards in those games.

HOU, CLE, NY, OAK. are all 19 th against the run or lower with CLE, OAK and NY in the bottom 8 against the run. And that is where Ronnie got his yards.

Buffalo: NE, PIT, DEN, NY, DAL. NE is 5th PIT is 4th, DAL is 7th, only NY and DEN are in the bottom 8 and we ran on them too.For Ronnie Brown, you have to take touches in those two lows games into consideration as well. Cam just realized the last 4 weeks what kind of back he has down there. It was widely published in the press

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Lynch will be a good back. Not sure why you guys are freaking out.

83evans
10-15-2007, 11:47 PM
If I had to choose between Lynch and Peterson, Id choose lynch. He has 10 times more power than AP and has more of a will to win. If we had AP on are team we would average 47 yards a game because he cant break tackles like lynch can. Lynch can be stopped 1 yard past the LOS and drag defenders for a 1st down.

LtFinFan66
10-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Lynch looks like he is more like Ronnie Brown. Always going forward and dragging guys for that extra yard

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 11:48 PM

Buffalo: NE, PIT, DEN, NY, DAL. NE is 5th PIT is 4th, DAL is 7th, only NY and DEN are in the bottom 8 and we ran on them too.

Ran on NY? Lynch had 23 carries for a 3.4 average that game. Against the same Jets team Ronnie Brown had 112 yards with a 4.9 average AND 6 receptions for another 99 yards.

Brown isn't even part of the subject though. It was about Peterson and Lynch. Peterson absolutely destroyed a good Chicago run defense and overall defense.

You can also blame the OL and whatever else but them long runs were ALL Peterson. It's not like he just had one huge hole that he ran straight through for a 60 yard TD run. He juked, changed direction, ran over and out ran half of the defenders between them plays. It was incredible.

Lynch has had him moments but hasn't showed anything towards an elite player so far or of what AP had done. It's still early. Lynch should be a solid back but as far as an elite back goes that will not happen.

Even take college into consideration and Peterson was just flat out better at that level too. He's just a better player. No excuses.

BillsFever21
10-15-2007, 11:55 PM
If I had to choose between Lynch and Peterson, Id choose lynch. He has 10 times more power than AP and has more of a will to win. If we had AP on are team we would average 47 yards a game because he cant break tackles like lynch can. Lynch can be stopped 1 yard past the LOS and drag defenders for a 1st down.

Can't break a tackle? I sure saw him break a couple yesterday. Anyway that doesn't matter when nobody can even get their hands on you to try and tackle you anyway.

I would rather have somebody explosive that can break the run off for 40 yards instead of somebody who can just run into the defender and drag him for 5 more yards. You can find lower round draft picks with power to do that on third down or whatever.

Football is about having playmakers and gamechangers. AP is and Lynch isn't. And where are these great hands and receiving ability we were supposed to see? Lynch hasn't provided any of that even with a QB who has done nothing but played it safe and checked down for the past 3 weeks. For those who say Peterson isn't the complete back because he can't catch he has busted off 3 or 4 huge plays in the passing game this year too.

Devin
10-16-2007, 12:10 AM

You are out your mind.

Have you even watched Peterson play? The guy just barrels through people. Rest assured if Peterson was there when we picked hed be in a Bills Uni.

As I said..........

Firstly im not sure where the debate about Adrian Petersons health has come into play. This is some sort of terrible snowball affect you people here have created. His last season at OU he dove into the endzone and broke his collarbone. It was a freak accident. The guy missed one game apart that.

He rushed for damn near 2000 yards as a true freshman.

Minnesota has a better line true, but they have ZERO talent at WR apart from a rookie who is getting no time. Not to mention a 2nd year QB who has been worse then Losman.

Adrian Peterson for all intensive purposes IS the entire Minnesota Vikings offense. And yet teams still cant gameplan him, if anything he plays stronger each week.

Sure you can "wait 2-3 years" to see whose better, but I assure you the answer will be the same. Adrian Peterson is the best pure RB to come out of college in a very long time.

You do realize in his first 6 games as a pro Peterson has had 100+ total yards in every game, and only not rushed for 100 or better one time. Thats seriously ridiculous. Not to mention dropping 233 and 3 TDs on the bears this week.

Lynch hasnt broken 100 total yards once. I know. I know......OL.....coaching.....etc and so forth.

As I said before I like Lynch, hes a solid ball player. But to even compare him to the same type of RB that Peterson is is a flat out joke.

And yes I quoted myself.

83evans
10-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Can't break a tackle? I sure saw him break a couple yesterday. Anyway that doesn't matter when nobody can even get their hands on you to try and tackle you anyway.

I would rather have somebody explosive that can break the run off for 40 yards instead of somebody who can just run into the defender and drag him for 5 more yards. You can find lower round draft picks with power to do that on third down or whatever.

Football is about having playmakers and gamechangers. AP is and Lynch isn't. And where are these great hands and receiving ability we were supposed to see? Lynch hasn't provided any of that even with a QB who has done nothing but played it safe and checked down for the past 3 weeks. For those who say Peterson isn't the complete back because he can't catch he has busted off 3 or 4 huge plays in the passing game this year too.

1st off I never said AP cant break tackles. 2nd AP wouldnt be fit for are offence because he is mainly about breaking a couple of arm tackles and running threw the hole. We dont have a hole for Lynch to run threw so he has to make up for it with pushing his legs. AP doesnt have that type of strength.

Devin
10-16-2007, 12:17 AM
:eek:

Oaf
10-16-2007, 12:30 AM
I would have given up a second after seeing the game today.
Oh easily. The man is in a class of his own.

Devin
10-16-2007, 12:34 AM
1st off I never said AP cant break tackles. 2nd AP wouldnt be fit for are offence because he is mainly about breaking a couple of arm tackles and running threw the hole. We dont have a hole for Lynch to run threw so he has to make up for it with pushing his legs. AP doesnt have that type of strength.

You clearly arent aware that not only is Peterson the bigger back (6-2, 218 to Lynches 5-11, 215) but he outperformed Lynch in almost every speed/agility drill at the combine.

Bigger. Stronger. Faster.

83evans
10-16-2007, 01:03 AM
You clearly arent aware that not only is Peterson the bigger back (6-2, 218 to Lynches 5-11, 215) but he outperformed Lynch in almost every speed/agility drill at the combine.

Bigger. Stronger. Faster.

Dude I didnt say anything about how big he is. And AP is not stronger than Lynch, one of the biggest understatements of the year.

Ickybaluky
10-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Lynch is a nice player and a completely different style than Peterson. However, Peterson is in another class talent-wise.

Bills fans should recognize his talent, because he is similar to O.J. Simpson.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Devin...quoting yourself is hot!

Mahdi
10-16-2007, 12:11 PM
The main difference I see between watching Lynch highlights and Peterson highlights is that Peterson is getting to the second level THEN showing his talent which is his speed and change of direction. Watch the Lynch highlights and the man always has to work through the first wave of defenders and rarely gets into the open spaces Peterson is getting to thanks to his line. Lynch will make guys look silly to when he gets them one on one in space with his jukes and stiff arms once the OL gets in gear. Until then its an unfair comparison.

Im not trying to say Lynch is better because honestly the way Peterson runs is just sick. Its like he's on skates just gliding by defenders. However I havent seen Lynch get a real opportunity to shine yet, he's just battling for yardage.

Mahdi
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Ok I just got done watching the Peterson highlights on NFL.com. If you guys get a chance pay attention to the holes Peterson runs through at the point of attack, they are massive. The minnesota OL is just moving the entire DL aside and then getting hats on the LBs. Pay close attention to the run at 2:30 of the video and you will see Birk destroy Urlacher before he gets a hand on Adrian. This OL might actually be the best in the NFL run blocking wise ala KC a few years ago. Now im not trying to take away credit from Adrian because what he does in the secondary is a thing of beauty, but have we honestly seen anything like that at all run blocking wise in Buffalo? I havent. Which is why I just feel that although Peterson is certainly amazing, its an unfair comparison for Lynch.