PDA

View Full Version : Watson from NE horse collared today like Lynch

jpdex12
10-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I caught a quick glimpse of the horse collar tackle by that pussy Williams today and I didn't catch if the referee threw a flag on the play.
Did anyone see if a flag was thrown? I am curious to know because the friggers didnt throw one in the Buffalo game, just a fine on Williams on the play. Expect to see another on him. Maybe a one game suspension will get the idiots attention before he ruins someone's career with a tackle like that. I'm sure TO remembers how it feels to get tackled by his now teammate...Williams.

Ickybaluky
10-14-2007, 10:08 PM
It wasn't a horse-collar and no flag was thrown. Williams didn't have the collar, he had his shoulder pads on either side. He did pull him back and land on his legs, like a horse collar. Watson was hurt on the play and missed the rest of the game, because Williams landed on his legs as he pulled him back.

However, there was nothing illegal about the tackle.

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't like Roy Williams, he gives Rodney Harrison a run for his money.

jpdex12
10-14-2007, 10:28 PM
It wasn't a horse-collar and no flag was thrown. Williams didn't have the collar, he had his shoulder pads on either side. He did pull him back and land on his legs, like a horse collar. Watson was hurt on the play and missed the rest of the game, because Williams landed on his legs as he pulled him back.

However, there was nothing illegal about the tackle.

Oh, thanks! I was watching part of the game and making dinner so I only caught part of it. It looked like a horse collar but I didn't catch his hands on his shoulders. When you see someone swinging in onto someone's legs like that it looks like a hc tackle...ya know?

Regardless, Williams always has a talent for landing on player's legs like that. I think that it's BS! If he put his head down and tackled someone you don't have to go high and bring them down like that.

Whaler53
10-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't like Roy Williams, he gives Rodney Harrison a run for his money.

Nah, he's worse than Rodney. HGH suspension aside, Rodney hits people hard, occasionally late. But not really anything too, too major.
Williams injured a guy with the horse collar. The league made the technique illegal, and Williams publicly stated that he would continue to use the technique regardless, basically saying "go ahead and fine me."

Williams blatently and wantonly breaks the rules on a regular basis. Rodney for the most part bends the rules as much as a particular offiating crew will allow it, but stays within the rules.

ajsdx
10-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Why does it seem like Williams is the only guy in the entire NFL that does this? I know the rule is called the Roy Williams Rule or whatever in honor of his tackling technique, but is he always so far behind the guy with the ball that he has to tackle them from behind and pull them back on their legs? Isn't the safety supposed to be in front of the ball?

Whaler53
10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Why does it seem like Williams is the only guy in the entire NFL that does this? I know the rule is called the Roy Williams Rule or whatever in honor of his tackling technique, but is he always so far behind the guy with the ball that he has to tackle them from behind and pull them back on their legs? Isn't the safety supposed to be in front of the ball?

Yeah, pretty much

Ickybaluky
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
It is an old tackling techinique, Williams is just good at it so he does it more than most. Bottom line is it isn't illegal. The theory is if you tackle a guys head the rest of him will follow. Not everyone can pull of a technique like that, Williams does it well.

Personally, I like Williams. He isn't great in coverage, but he has better range than people realize, can diagnose plays and hits hard. He had an off year last year, but he seems to have bounced back and is playing better now. He is in his 6th season, and he has a bunch of tackles, 6.5 sacks, 19 Ints, 8 forced fumbles and 53 passes defensed. That is pretty good. I'd take Adrian Wilson over him, but he is a top S.

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2007, 11:02 PM
He is a good player NE39 but he is just dirty.

jpdex12
10-15-2007, 12:24 AM
When you intentionally tackle a player in a manner that earns you a fine most every time you do it, then you are an a**hole and you deserve to have another player cutblock you and blow out your knee.

If Roy wants to keep this up even though it is illegal then I hope someone takes the initiative to take him out given the chance so idiots like him are taken away from the game.

There's no difference between a player like Roy that doesn't care if they hurt someone by tackling them this way and a player like Vince Wilfork that intentionally goes after someone's knee.

Football is a violent sport but I have no respect for anyone that plays like this.

Ingtar33
10-15-2007, 01:55 AM
he was burned all day long by marsha.

every play action fake drew him in to the line, and marsh would throw it over his head. it was embarrassing how well it worked.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 03:39 AM
IMO, any tackle from beind that results in the player being pulled back like that, (grabbing helmet, collar, should pad, etc,) should be illegal. The risk of injury is too great to allow a defensive player who probably already got burnt the opportunity to make a play. **** that ****.

evol4276
10-15-2007, 03:41 AM
so why is williams seemingly the only one who ever really draws this foul? anyone else notice this? (btw if someone else posted this, then sry lol i am jus posting n leaving haha)

Ickybaluky
10-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Bottom line is it was a legal tackle.

Tatonka
10-15-2007, 11:41 AM
it is legal to get prostitutes in some states too.. doesnt mean it is right.

BAM
10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
He's about as bad as Rodney Harrison sometimes.

Whaler53
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM
He's about as bad as Rodney Harrison sometimes.

Someone else said the same thing, so I'll just post my response to that here....

Nah, he's worse than Rodney. HGH suspension aside, Rodney hits people hard, occasionally late. But not really anything too, too major.
Williams injured a guy with the horse collar. The league made the technique illegal, and Williams publicly stated that he would continue to use the technique regardless, basically saying "go ahead and fine me."

Williams blatently and wantonly breaks the rules on a regular basis. Rodney for the most part bends the rules as much as a particular offiating crew will allow it, but stays within the rules.

jpdex12
10-15-2007, 08:18 PM
The thing is that wether you grab someone's shoulder pad collar or the outside of their shoulder pads when a defensive player swings their weight down onto the back of a players legs like this their is a significantly higher risk to an injury and that is why the horse collar tackle is illegal. It doens't matter what part of the top of the shoulder pads you grab to pull al player down like this it's the weigth dropping on their legs that will cause the injury.

The league needs to make any tackles in this form illegal. You can grab a collar and drag someone to the ground without having to drop your weight on their legs. It creates a fulcrum for the leg between the knee and the ankle to bend at and that is not a normal area where one's leg bends...it breaks.

And yes it is funny how this idiot Williams seems to be the only obvious one that keeps doing it. He's a POS for saying that he isn't going to stop doing it. He deserves to be singled out by an opposing player during a play and taken out. Eye for an eye!

MikeInRoch
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Rodney for the most part bends the rules as much as a particular offiating crew will allow it, but stays within the rules.

Ask Trent Green. Harrison ended a season for him before it began.

Ickybaluky
10-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Ask Trent Green. Harrison ended a season for him before it began.

Rodney catches a lot of crap for that hit, but he did nothing wrong. He wasn't flagged or fined for that play. He was blocked to the ground, and in trying to get to the QB he ended up rolling into the back of Green's knee. This was a full 6 years before the Carson Palmer/Kimo Von Oelhoffen play spurred the rule change on hitting QB low.

That is football. Sometimes guys are going to get hurt. It is a violent game.

MikeInRoch
10-16-2007, 10:54 PM
but he did nothing wrong

I might say that too if he played for my team. Most objective observers disagree.

Ickybaluky
10-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I might say that too if he played for my team. Most objective observers disagree.

Has nothing to do with that. Rodney has been a favorite of mine for years, because he plays the game physical and fast, the way it is supposed to be played.

I love S that play that way. It is the same way I currently feel about Adrian Wilson, or before about Ronnie Lott. If you play SS in the NFL and other players aren't complaining about you, you aren't playing it the right way.