PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a victorious sports moment

OpIv37
10-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I picked up my friend- who's a Caps fan- to go to a party last night, and I had the Sabres game on XM. The Caps were winning 1-0.

In the 15 minutes we were in the car, the Sabres scored 4 times and it was 4-1 when we got to the party.

Ahhhhh..... so that's what winning feels like.

Wins are even sweeter when my team beats the local teams.

Mitchy moo
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I picked up my friend- who's a Caps fan- to go to a party last night, and I had the Sabres game on XM. The Caps were winning 1-0.

In the 15 minutes we were in the car, the Sabres scored 4 times and it was 4-1 when we got to the party.

Ahhhhh..... so that's what winning feels like.

Wins are even sweeter when my team beats the local teams.

Your the man OP, hold you head high!!

RockStar36
10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
You're a Sabres fan Op, you should be used to them winning.

Out of all my teams constantly sucking there is one team I can usually count on to pick me up.

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 08:10 AM
You're a Sabres fan Op, you should be used to them winning.

Out of all my teams constantly sucking there is one team I can usually count on to pick me up.

true, although my threshold for the Sabres is much higher than it is for the Bills. And last year, I went to the game against the Caps and we lost 7-4, despite being a superior team by every quantifiable measure.

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2007, 08:13 AM
true, although my threshold for the Sabres is much higher than it is for the Bills. And last year, I went to the game against the Caps and we lost 7-4, despite being a superior team by every quantifiable measure.

I'm hoping to go 2-0 again this year for both games I'm in attendance for.

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm hoping to go 2-0 again this year for both games I'm in attendance for.

they did win the 2nd one against the Caps last year in Connolly's return, so I'm 1-1.

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2007, 08:28 AM
they did win the 2nd one against the Caps last year in Connolly's return, so I'm 1-1.

The second win down here last year was a much better performance by the Sabres, but the first one might have been more fun just because it spoiled the banner raising party. Plus it's the one and only time I've seen a shootout in person.

Iehoshua
10-15-2007, 08:49 AM
And last year, I went to the game against the Caps and we lost 7-4, despite being a superior team by every quantifiable measure.
..and had a great conversation with a Caps fan sitting in front of you!

:rofl:

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 08:56 AM
..and had a great conversation with a Caps fan sitting in front of you!

:rofl:

that I did.... Lindy called my cell and told me to try to get the team fired up so I had to start some **** with the hometown fans.

DraftBoy
10-15-2007, 12:09 PM
We were 1-0 in the Sabres game I attended v. Thrashers, came back to win in a shootout