• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Since Lindel signed for several hundred thousand less

Are we still ahead, or did we put ourselves back a few steps?

Hollis knew our system, and was capable of laying down the clutch kick. He may have been suspect at the kick off, but he was used to our line.

Lindell now comes in cold, without knowing our system. He is only 1 for 4, over 50 yards, and he missed 6 last season.

Comparing him to Mike Hollis, is like apples and oranges. And for what, $800,000, (didn't Hollis want to sign for 5 Mil?). I think we are now behind the eight ball with our kicking game.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

Lindell is 7 for 13 lifetime over 50 yards and is perfect in the fourth quarter.

I think lindell is gonna be solid too. Getting used to the line isnt a big deal at all. As long as he can kick the ball, I'll be happy

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

New team, new athmosphere. It took him some time to get adjusted before, and he even started this year out shakey, must have been the new unis.

We only had Hollis for one year, you should at least invest a couple of years in your kicker.

That's why Seattle dumped him. He was with the team for three years.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Great thought NBF. I feel that Lindell is a gamble at the contracted 4 year agreement. Unfortunately, kickers were quickly deminishing and Hollis had broken off talks with Buffalo. Still, I would have tried to sign Rian for only 1 or 2 years at best. His statistics in 2001 were poor, yeven though he showed promise in 2002. The only question is how much do you pay for potential?

Good news is that he is young and if his abilities pan out he will help keep Buffalo winning for years to come.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

I don't know if the system is much of an issue with kickers. He does have to get used to a new holder and snapper on FGs and XPs but other than that, his major adjustment would be to the winds at the Ralph.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Throne Logic
            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
            • Aug 2002

What system? He's a kicker. Line up, kick the ball as far as you can (hopefully in the direction you aimed in).

He's apparently kicked in adverse weather in the past. Although, off-hand, I cannot remember where he said that was.
            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Buffarama
              Football-Sport of the Gods
              • Jul 2002

Yeah what kind of system does a kicker need to learn. Extend leg back, and move forward as fast as possible. Kick ball, straight, left, right. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

It's one of the few things I can do well in Maddon 200x, so how difficult can it be?
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Kickers have to learn a systeM!?!?:) Go Bills!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

there were question marks about hollis when we brought him in last year.i hope we have the same success with lindell.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

yeah.. he is a kicker.. i think he should be able to learn the playbook for kickers in training camp, dont you? all 6 pages.

kick left
                      kick right
                      kick center
                      onside kick right
                      onside kick left
                      homerun throwback (you know that is in the playbook now)

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                        • Jul 2002

he kicked outside at Washington State. Lindell had a good 2000, bad 2001, and a good 2002. He'll be fine and he's money in the clutch

God give me style and give me grace
                        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

He kicked for Washington State didnt he?

Comment

• Cntrygal
                            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                            he kicked outside at Washington State. Lindell had a good 2000, bad 2001, and a good 2002. He'll be fine and he's money in the clutch
                            As long as he's not going to follow a trend and have a "bad 2003".
                            Originally posted by notacon
                            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Yeah Washington State same as Drew Bledsoe! Go Bills!

Comment

Working...
                              X